Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

SIU @ #14 UB - (12/15 - 2:00pm ET)

Kevin

2 hours ago, John said:

I don’t listen to WGR55 much any more because they are just Bills and Sabres but has anyone heard anything from this station that they mention UB? I think they talk more about Syracuse!!Go Bulls!!!!

They had Oats on this morning.

...They also had the SUx AD on 🙄

Overall buzz seems pretty good online (no longer local so idk about around town).

The SIU boards, as to be expected, imploded after the Murray State game. I’m hoping instead of feeling mellowed by the performance, the team watched that for tape on how the team can be exploited and put in a show at Alumni this weekend.

Key Quote:

"Armon will play when he runs out on the floor," Hinson said after the game. "You don't need to ask me anymore. It is a process that he and I are gonna go through, and when he plays, when he runs out there, you'll know it."

Hinson declined to say what the process was, or if the two were progressing toward resolving whatever is wedging between them. Fletcher did not respond to a text message from The Southern Illinoisan on Tuesday. 

"It's a process, and that's it," Hinson said. "There don't need to be any more questions about it. That's where we are. I understand (the media) have a job, but I have a job. My job right now is to get nine guys ready to play."

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Key Quote:

"Armon will play when he runs out on the floor," Hinson said after the game. "You don't need to ask me anymore. It is a process that he and I are gonna go through, and when he plays, when he runs out there, you'll know it."

Hinson declined to say what the process was, or if the two were progressing toward resolving whatever is wedging between them. Fletcher did not respond to a text message from The Southern Illinoisan on Tuesday. 

"It's a process, and that's it," Hinson said. "There don't need to be any more questions about it. That's where we are. I understand (the media) have a job, but I have a job. My job right now is to get nine guys ready to play."

I get it, it's for Fletcher's sake, to give him privacy whatever the issue is. And it's Hinson's job to focus on getting his team ready for a game. 

Just reading the entire thread on Fletcher, their fans don't believe he is going to be playing. But, who knows.

19 hours ago, Jeseph said:

They had Oats on this morning.

...They also had the SUx AD on 🙄

Overall buzz seems pretty good online (no longer local so idk about around town).

The SIU boards, as to be expected, imploded after the Murray State game. I’m hoping instead of feeling mellowed by the performance, the team watched that for tape on how the team can be exploited and put in a show at Alumni this weekend.

White kept talking about 'we', the 'we' being Syracuse. "we might storm the court if we beat you"

Hit my ears wrong, That's like Simon calling the Jets 'we' during his Bills coverage. Shouldn't be OK

23 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

White kept talking about 'we', the 'we' being Syracuse. "we might storm the court if we beat you"

Hit my ears wrong, That's like Simon calling the Jets 'we' during his Bills coverage. Shouldn't be OK

White is a Syracuse dude through and through. He’s always talking about them. Just like what used to PO Bill Greiner local people and students walking around with those gawd awful orange paraphanalia 

45 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

20 minutes ago, UB85 said:

White is a Syracuse dude through and through.

I'll do my best to avoid beating the "WGR hates UB" horse* but I think this has more of an impact than some are willing to admit. Say you're a casual hoops fan and you tune into the local radio station only to hear the hosts speak of Syracuse as the local team and UB as the up-and-coming challenger. On top of that, 75% of the reason they're even talking about the local team is because they're playing Syracuse.

I know that there are Syracuse alums at WGR. They can and should have fun with this game but it influences their overall programming which influences the local community. It's just garbage.

*I didn't avoid it at all but whatever.

No. 14 Buffalo set for rematch against Southern Illinois

I had a chance to drop by UB practice on Friday afternoon and speak with Nate Oats, CJ Massinburg and Nick Perkins.

In the article linked above, I preview their matchup against Southern Illinois and bring up a few interesting facts including how this is UB's first non-conference home-and-home series since splitting with Niagara during the 1996-97 season when the Bulls were still playing in the Mid-Continent Conference coached by Tim Cohane.  

Check out @Mike_Bundt twitter account for more random UB facts/observations.

4 hours ago, Jeseph said:

I'll do my best to avoid beating the "WGR hates UB" horse* but I think this has more of an impact than some are willing to admit. Say you're a casual hoops fan and you tune into the local radio station only to hear the hosts speak of Syracuse as the local team and UB as the up-and-coming challenger. On top of that, 75% of the reason they're even talking about the local team is because they're playing Syracuse.

I know that there are Syracuse alums at WGR. They can and should have fun with this game but it influences their overall programming which influences the local community. It's just garbage.

*I didn't avoid it at all but whatever.

I agree Joseph. I blame the station management for the content of this station or lack thereof. It is ok to be an alum of a certain school but when it affects and influences the content of your show I can’t agree with that. I think White and others should go back to Syracuse and and work there and be a cheer leader of their team. So our family chooses not to listen to that station. I agree they can have fun with talking about Syracuse but not at the expense of not talking about our local teams. In the meantime our family will listen to stations that will talk about our local teams and have fun with that. Looking forward to a great game and a boisterous crowd on Saturday. Go Bulls!!!!

• Like 1

SIU hung in there. I don’t know how much they improve if the get Fletcher back. But I think we beat them 49 out of 50 times. We had a ton of uncontested shots that we normally make. Harris still struggling. Only scores 4. Pretty much like the early portion of  last year’s OOC schedule as of now for him. When he gets untracked, Perkins plays with intensity and CJ shakes his nagging injuries we’ll be so much better. We still have not seen a game with the possible exception of the first half against Bona where we’ve played anywhere near as well as these guys are capable. Good run for the guys today. They’ll be sharper Tuesday and again Friday with two huge road games. 

Segu was terrific today. Great to see the freshmen get some quality playing time. I like to watch the bench at times to see what the mood of the team is. Segu is always into game and supporting his teammates on the floor. He has leader written all over him. He even got Williams into it as well. It may seem an insignificant observation. But these little things give a good indication of the team’s chemistry which is so vital to success. Let’s go! Beat Cuse!! Go Bulls!

Edited by UB85