Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Rider @ Buffalo

Dabulls

Thought I should start this thread early so we can speculate the rest of the week. I don’t know how rider is this year but from my days as a Siena student, Rider is a scrappy team. I expect us to destroy them in the paint and come away with a blowout win. 

Side note: wouldn’t it be great to have a bunch of us meet up at the game Saturday? Would love to meet some of you personally 

24 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Side note: wouldn’t it be great to have a bunch of us meet up at the game Saturday? Would love to meet some of you personally 

I'll be there as one of the green shirts.  Can't move around the arena at all.  If I get a chance pre-game, I'll let you know where I am stationed, so you can come and say hi.  Would be great to get to meet some of the board.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Thought I should start this thread early so we can speculate the rest of the week. I don’t know how rider is this year but from my days as a Siena student, Rider is a scrappy team. I expect us to destroy them in the paint and come away with a blowout win. 

Rider composite rank in vicinity of 280 (some have them around 200), at home, so cannot lose this game under any circumstances.  Hopefully, it is a game where the second team gets more minutes and contributes in meaningful way.

• Like 1

I listen via the radio link in the basketball schedule. It takes you right to the correct 1520/Audacy page and begins streaming. 

A great note during the post game show. This will be our 1st meeting with Rider since 1992 when we were both in the ECC. I recall us playing every MAAC team the last 25 years, but not Monmouth or Fairfield. Looked it up and we last played Fairfield in 1977.

Edited by RecoveringHillbilly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Really hoping this is a game we can see some sort of rotation or bench play really form

Hardnett playing last night is a plus but we need something outside of segu williams and mballa

Do agree. Very interested on what kind of rotation we will see and what contribution we can get from the bench especially when our top seven have off games or in foul trouble. Go Bulls!

Favored by 16.5 for tomorrow’s game I see. Rider is 2-2 on the year, with wins against Coppin State and Delaware State. Their 2 losses are against Duquesne and Bucknell. Should be a big win for us but obviously need to play to our level. Hope to see some of the bench players get some action. Go Bulls!

Rider has gone 2-2 against pretty weak competition.  Looking over their season stats so far, what they have done well is hold on to the ball and rebound (on both ends).  Main weakness is 3pt shooting and 3pt defense.  Keys for UB

Control the boards, continue Riders poor shooting with defensive tenacity and make 3s.  Also an opportunity to get others more comfortable contributing on offense.

Just now, Tee4three said:

The 2nd unit is trying to use jack/brewton as the scorers. Might be worth a shot trying hardnett/skogman/jones as the scorer on the 2nd unit 

Or if a couple of the freshman aren't being red shirted one of them

Or how about we run some clean offense. Screens and cuts and get the ball inisde

• Like 2