Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo @ Western Kentucky

I think this was the best we played this year start to finish (not including the fake games). We limited the bad stretches, got on the floor for every loose ball, rebounded well, passed the ball about as good as I can remember, played with a ton of intensity and grit, went with the hot hand when the 3a were falling, very aggressive inside. Very good win w/o jeenathan on road. Nice bounce back - let’s keep it going!

• Like 3

Difference in this game was the 3. We made 10 more than they did. Anytime they got close we stretched the lead with the 3 ball. The hustle and intensity was also there. I think I saw more dives to the floor for loose balls in this game than all season combined. Great road win that will be the kind of conference game we can expect. We have a tune up game Saturday before a week off. Go Bulls.

1 minute ago, Jeseph said:

Still too many TOs but 16 assists is more along the lines of what we need. I think the lack of Williams forced us to play actual team ball. Now do that with him on the court and this team can be something.

I was gonna turn a blind eye to this for one night. But yea 16 turnovers is way too high. Credit to Bivens for stepping up but we really only had one primary ball handler on the court tonight. 

Fagan quietly had an effective game. 

I love this team. They've got some quirks and warts, but a lot of heart and you can tell they all really like each other. That combined with the talent we know is there and we might have something. This is why it's so much fun to follow a team and root them on over a season - watching them develop and grow into themselves through the ups and downs.

Also, Maceo 100% posterized the tallest biggest baddest shot blocker in 358 team Division 1. 😂 And Skogman had two big time jams as well. 

First time this season I thought the team looked good for more than a 3-5 minute stretch. They were beaten on some plays by a talented WKU squad but overall I thought they played hard defensively and the rebounding numbers confirmed it. THIS is more of the style I expected to see from this team this year. We're still turning the ball over too much but we can mitigate much of that with stellar defensive effort. 

• Like 1

Great game Bulls! Kept us off the line for only 11 takes, even though we made double than you attempted. We need to be shooting 15-20 plus FTs a game to have a shot at winning. Love the scrappiness and constant fight from your team. You got every 50/50 loose ball and big O rebound. I said we would give you threes and boy did you take them. 13 makes on 33 takes for a scorching 39.4% as a team. The 5 trip stretch in the second half where you looked like the GS Warriors was the entire game. We only hit 3 and needed around 6-7 to compete.  Not gonna win many games going-30 from beyond the arc. Glad to see Hamilton play for us tonight but he wasn’t moving right all game. Super impressed with your team especially missing your best player and backup PG. Only 4 other non conference teams have come in here and won in the last 6 years. Good luck the rest of the way!

Edited by Shadow_Son
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shadow_Son said:

Great game Bulls! Kept us off the line for only 11 takes, even though we made double than you attempted. We need to be shooting 15-20 plus FTs a game to have a shot at winning. Love the scrappiness and constant fight from your team. You got every 50/50 loose ball and big O rebound. I said we would give you threes and boy did you take them. 13 makes on 33 takes for a scorching 39.4% as a team. The 5 trip stretch in the second half where you looked like the GS Warriors was the entire game. Glad to see Hamilton playing for us but he wasn’t moving right all game. Super impressed with your team especially missing your best player and backup PG. Only 4 other non conference teams have come in here and won in the last 6 years. Good luck the rest of the way!

That’s a good team when fully rostered. Very happy to come out of Diddle with a win!

3 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Hate to bring it back to this, but Bona without Lofton is in an entirely different tier from WKU, all due respect to their solid team.

I mean yes but their lofton wasn’t 100% and they have other missing pieces so I’m not sure it’s a fair comparison.

1 minute ago, MuchMany said:

Hate to bring it back to this, but Bona without Lofton is in an entirely different tier from WKU, all due respect to their solid team.

I would also cite tonight's game as evidence that a team doesn't drop even 50 spots losing their star.  As long as the rest of the team takes it up a notch which I believe was case on Saturday.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Bonnies give UConn a battle.

2 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

I mean yes but their lofton wasn’t 100% and they have other missing pieces so I’m not sure it’s a fair comparison.

I mean, I don't think that poster's comparison rested on their two guys who apparently haven't set foot on the court yet this year. Granted Hamilton was slowed, I just didn't see much quality to be honest outside of the center and the PG. WKU played a fuller version of their team than we did with Nate and Jones out.

45 minutes ago, Shadow_Son said:

Great game Bulls! Kept us off the line for only 11 takes, even though we made double than you attempted. We need to be shooting 15-20 plus FTs a game to have a shot at winning. Love the scrappiness and constant fight from your team. You got every 50/50 loose ball and big O rebound. I said we would give you threes and boy did you take them. 13 makes on 33 takes for a scorching 39.4% as a team. The 5 trip stretch in the second half where you looked like the GS Warriors was the entire game. We only hit 3 and needed around 6-7 to compete.  Not gonna win many games going-30 from beyond the arc. Glad to see Hamilton play for us tonight but he wasn’t moving right all game. Super impressed with your team especially missing your best player and backup PG. Only 4 other non conference teams have come in here and won in the last 6 years. Good luck the rest of the way!

Why don't you guys want to come to the MAC? Do you hate MTSU that much?