Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo/WMU - 2/19

UBinMD

6 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Of the 3, I could see Segu back possibly. Mballa and Williams will definitely get a sniff at the G League or overseas. Segu likely will too, but he's a bit undersized so it's possible he could return. I don't think it's likely however. I also didn't think James Patterson would be back or Q at WR, but I was wrong there.

Anyone want odds Brock finds a way back?  haha

32 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I don't remember what his degree is in but I could see him being added to the coaching staff, especially if he needs another year of schooling to finish it

I believe he and Fagan are both Education and Sociology, so a grad assistant is highly possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Of the 3, I could see Segu back possibly. Mballa and Williams will definitely get a sniff at the G League or overseas. Segu likely will too, but he's a bit undersized so it's possible he could return. I don't think it's likely however. I also didn't think James Patterson would be back or Q at WR, but I was wrong there.

Those were surprising, but I think the lack of international/minor league infrastructure in football makes for a different situation. College football is pretty much the only game in town (until The Rock gets the XFL humming.) Rondo is at minimum going to make a bunch of money in Europe, starting next year.

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

I don't remember what his degree is in but I could see him being added to the coaching staff, especially if he needs another year of schooling to finish it

No excuse for Brock not leaving UB with a free MD/JD after 7 years lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Erie County said:

But you were wrong. Williams is a fantastic player that you mentioned as a miss, it's fine if you didnt know that. But you also are quick to not recognize misses. The difference here is that they had the HITS, including the teams current best players. This staff has one hit and one development, both forwards. That's pretty undebatable. 

Nowhere did I call Williams a miss, but keep searching for flaws. 

It's hard to know which of the current freshmen are hits or not, way too early to tell. That's undebateable. Alabama has misses on their current roster too. Difference is they can have 5 star guys that are there also, so you don't even notice them, they just sit back.or disappear. 

Not trying to start another fire but this is proof that the metrics do matter to head coaches. The way you win plays a role in your efficiency ratings which determines how opponents and analysts view your team. While I don’t think they’re something to obsess over, there’s validity that this goes beyond just seeding purposes for the NCAA Tournament.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

3 hours ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Not trying to start another fire but this is proof that the metrics do matter to head coaches. The way you win plays a role in your efficiency ratings which determines how opponents and analysts view your team. While I don’t think they’re something to obsess over, there’s validity that this goes beyond just seeding purposes for the NCAA Tournament.

Maybe he has a bonus tied to his KenPom

On 2/19/2022 at 4:55 PM, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

This was my highlight of the afternoon! Maniac is a cool dude but I was giving him crap after that performance lol

In case you want more friendly fire... Cece Hooks just missed a half court shot at the end of the third quarter too.  Only... hers not only made it to the rim, it was off the top of the backboard.

• Thanks 1