Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo/Miami-OH 2/22

UBinMD

1 minute ago, Tee4three said:

Haven't had a last possession win in a while

To this point…blowout wins are nice but sometimes you this kinda of pressure packed win. Sure Williams had a rough second half but he kept his head and made the game winner. Our last few buckets of the game were rebound put backs…meaning the intensity and hustle was there. Big win

Exciting finish, Jeenathan picked a good time to hit his first shot of the 2nd half. And UB’s bench actually outscored Miami’s 7-5 after halftime. Still a big mismatch for the game at 26-7 Miami.  On a positive note, our starters outscored theirs, 79-58. Keep stacking those wins, pretty ones or ugly ones they all count the same. Go Bulls!

Going to try my best as we get into the stressful part of the season to only comment on the game, not board behavior, but go read back over that classic mini meltdown when we went down ONE POINT on a circus shot with 2:25 on the clock. Maybe our team gets its clutch gene from its fans, yikes. Again, we were 5-point favorites on the road. Yes we were up 12, but these games usually tighten up rather than stretch out. I'd be watching hockey if I couldn't cope with the back and forth nature of basketball.

Skogman's polished post moves and great decision making could come up huge in late moments down the stretch. That pivot move late really settled us down. His 6/8 for 14-11-2, 0 TO was the glue that helped us hold on.

Edited by MuchMany
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Erie County said:

As you were saying you won't comment on board behavior then commented on board behavior. Come on man.

Nothing was said on here tonight that was out of line, maybe beside the one "it's over". 

Barely beating the 255th team on the road, after already losing to them, the comments were fine. The team's best player went missing.

Some people enjoy being glass half empty as a fan. Some people prefer to be glass half full. Ive enjoyed watching the Bulls with the half full mentality and its been a fun last decade (honestly fun last 20 years). But if people have fun being negative and over the top, they have that right. Not sure how someone enjoys being a fan with half empty style but heck even in our glory run there we had people who preferred to be mad instead of enjoying being ranked #14 and 32-4 so I guess anything's possible. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Fun game. Good announcers. Love to see Skogman and Jones hit key shots. 

Skogman is really fun to watch. We will miss Mballa in the future but Skogman is going to be a beast. 

Jones might be better than Segu in the long run. He’s certainly more polished as a freshman. Just has confidence and is always calm under pressure. 

1 minute ago, xDerekRx said:

Some people enjoy being glass half empty as a fan. Some people prefer to be glass half full. Ive enjoyed watching the Bulls with the half full mentality and its been a fun last decade (honestly fun last 20 years). But if people have fun being negative and over the top, they have that right. Not sure how someone enjoys being a fan with half empty style but heck even in our glory run there we had people who preferred to be mad instead of enjoying being ranked #14 and 32-4 so I guess anything's possible. Enjoy.

I had typed out a long reply, but this says the same thing in a more concise, positive way. Amen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Going to try my best as we get into the stressful part of the season to only comment on the game, not board behavior, but go read back over that classic mini meltdown when we went down ONE POINT on a circus shot with 2:25 on the clock. Maybe our team gets its clutch gene from its fans, yikes. Again, we were 5-point favorites on the road. Yes we were up 12, but these games usually tighten up rather than stretch out. I'd be watching hockey if I couldn't cope with the back and forth nature of basketball.

Skogman's polished post moves and great decision making could come up huge in late moments down the stretch. That pivot move late really settled us down. His 6/8 for 14-11-2, 0 TO was the glue that helped us hold on.

My lack of confidence in this team in close games is the lack of set plays they run and general dis organization late in games 

The last couple possessions are a great example. The first one where williams shot a 3 pt shot was bad and what I've become use to seeing out of this team

Then on the winner, segu started the play on time, great movement and williams put it up with enough time to allow ub to grab an offensive rebound. It was night and day between the 2 possessions 

If they continue with possessions like the winning basket down the stretch in close games I'll gain confidence they can win close games 

• Like 3

Just now, Tee4three said:

My lack of confidence in this team in close games is the lack of set plays they run and general dis organization late in games 

The last couple possessions are a great example. The first one where williams shot a 3 pt shot was bad and what I've become use to seeing out of this team

Then on the winner, segu started the play on time, great movement and williams put it up with enough time to allow ub to grab an offensive rebound. It was night and day between the 2 possessions 

If they continue with possessions like the winning basket down the stretch in close games I'll gain confidence they can win close games 

Players get a lot of freedom in this offense. Great observation!

• Like 1