Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Transfer Portal

bulls2684

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

This is why the transfer portal is not a disaster for the Group of 5 schools.  Some will go and others will drop down.

Objection.

I would suspect (though I assume someone has the data) that the Alabama kids in the portal will either:  go back to Alabama or go to some other P5 program.  I assume that you can find highly-recruited P5 guys that go to G5, but I believe that would not happen very often.

I would also suspect that the impactful G5 guys are going to P5, while most of the guys who go from P5 to G5 didn't get much playing time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HomeyG said:

How do you keep good WR ‘s with this trash we have at QB OC and HC? Back to mediocrity 

We have (currently) a 3 star QB coming in. I'm just surprised Gassett wouldn't wait until after the Bowl, he should have gotten some touches in that game.

8 hours ago, UB92 said:

Objection.

I would suspect (though I assume someone has the data) that the Alabama kids in the portal will either:  go back to Alabama or go to some other P5 program.  I assume that you can find highly-recruited P5 guys that go to G5, but I believe that would not happen very often.

I would also suspect that the impactful G5 guys are going to P5, while most of the guys who go from P5 to G5 didn't get much playing time.

For this year we had transfers from Louisville, Arizona, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Florida, etc who all played key roles. It does indeed go both ways to and from P5/G5.

6 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I suspect we'll see an offer from Kansas for Borland before too long.  His uncle is the DC there on LL's staff.  That's how UB got him in the first place.

I thought the same, I was actually surprised he didn't leave in the first wave. Maybe Kansas was flush with TEs at that time, not sure.

I just looked at the Roster on UB's website, Borland, Case and Myers are removed. Claude, Martin and Gassett are still on there. Also, there was a new addition LB Janik Ogunlade and his name is not on the roster any more either. Just a weird situation on how this all works. I guess we will see who takes the field on 12/27.

Here is the current MAC portal status:

Akron - 3 out (added 1 from Michigan St)

Ball State - 4 out

Bowling Green - 2 out

Buffalo - 6 out (soon to be 7 when Dozier posts)

CMU - 4 out

EMU - 5 out

Kent St - 8 out

Miami (OH) - 3 out

Northern Illinois - 4 out

Ohio - 1 out

Toledo - 1 out

WMU - 6 out

Kent and WMU lost coaches, seems like our coach is ready to jump at any step up so not surprising. 

Kansas - 6 out (added 1 from Wisconsin)

Just lost our Center Jack Hasz. Didn't realize he had 2 more years remaining. Something is smelling very bad at UB. These youngers must think Mo is going to be on the move and are the first ones out of the pool. This is very disheartening for our upcoming Bowl Game. I guess KVT will get the last laugh if this mutiny continues.

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Just lost our Center Jack Hasz. Didn't realize he had 2 more years remaining. Something is smelling very bad at UB. These youngers must think Mo is going to be on the move and are the first ones out of the pool. This is very disheartening for our upcoming Bowl Game. I guess KVT will get the last laugh if this mutiny continues.

This one stings the most so far. All of the other guys were either stuck in the system and wanted to play more and/or recruited by a prior regime.

Hasz is the starting Center, recruited by current HC and OL coach, with 2 years of eligibility remaining. He wasn't All-MAC, so probably not looking Power 5.

Something bad is happening there, and I don't know what it is.

20 hours ago, MuchMany said:

For this year we had transfers from Louisville, Arizona, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Florida, etc who all played key roles. It does indeed go both ways to and from P5/G5.

Okay.  Point taken.  

I hope this continues for UB next year.  We will need it.  

• Like 1

When you build a team by the portal you are going to have heavy losses via the portal These guys are mercenaries our coach is a mercenary.  He is a guy who quit on Michigan before he coached one game.  Contrary to what people on this board say he is just learning how to be a head coach if we keep him one more year, he might not let games get away in the 4th quarter

Just now, CheerUB80/84 said:

Contrary to what people on this board say he is just learning how to be a head coach 

If your meaning of “contrary” is “as everyone is saying”, then you would be correct.  Everyone on this board knows the HC is learning on the job.  Everyone on this board (well..maybe not one guy, but I can hide posts) would like for him to learn and get better.  

• Haha 1