Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

EMU @ UB - 2/7/23 7:00 pm - ESPN+

Bluebird96

The Emoni Bates show comes to Alumni Arena. The spread started around 8 in favor of UB, currently at 10.0. Should be a high scoring affair. Let’s hope for a decent crowd and for the Bulls’ D to make it tough on Bates, force some turnovers, and get back to scoring some fast-break points. Go Bulls! 🤘

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dj_paige said:

I will be there. ChubbyHubby will be there. That qualifies as a decent crowd in my mind.

Our family will be there also. Will be interesting to see if the students show up similar to the last game. The three main player are Bates, Acuff and Farrakhan who average 21, 13 and 12. EMU is averaging 73 per game and giving up 81 per game. I have watched some of their games and Bates puts shots up at any time and from anywhere and if he gets hot and we have a poor shooting game not sure how the final score comes out. Wonder if Blocker continues to get more minutes and would be nice to see Powell get out of his poor play and funk that he is in. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, John said:

Our family will be there also. Will be interesting to see if the students show up similar to the last game. The three main player are Bates, Acuff and Farrakhan who average 21, 13 and 12. EMU is averaging 73 per game and giving up 81 per game. I have watched some of their games and Bates puts shots up at any time and from anywhere and if he gets hot and we have a poor shooting game not sure how the final score comes out. Wonder if Blocker continues to get more minutes and would be nice to see Powell get out of his poor play and funk that he is in

Agree 100% with your comment on Powell.

This is a very fun game to be at. Anyone who wants us to slow down and take the risk out of our style, I just don't get it. I'd rather lose an extra game a year and play this way. It's wild. Good crowd too. Both full student ends. 

Edited by MuchMany
  • Like 3

Hardnett with another big game. 48 pts and 6/9 from 3 in the last 2 games. With Curtis struggling from 3 tonight we needed every one of those points. Nice to win and always fun to score 100+, I just hope we’re prepared to play *a little* more D against Kent on Friday. Or maybe just run them out of the gym? That would be fun too 😂

• Like 2

Fun game to be at. Late arriving but solid crowd. Emoni has such a quick step back it’s nearly impossible to cover. 

Overall I loved the contributions. To me, Zid still seemed lost a lot. He blew multiple layups and still tried to push too much rather than drain clock when it was under 4 minutes left, leading to several turnovers and easy buckets for EMU. Glad to see him hit a few shots, though. Bring on Kent!

• Like 2