Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

‘23-‘24 Roster

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Peace out. Won’t miss you. I’ve felt no connection to this squad, aside from a few players. I feel like they all lack on court chemistry. Him being at the center of it. Bye.

Couldn't disagree more, but it is what it is. Zid was super personable at the games and offered some pretty thoughtful interaction. I know a few others here had the same experience. His game was disjointed and never fully came together, but he provided some of the bigger in-person dunks I've seen in my life. Wish him well.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Couldn't disagree more, but it is what it is. Zid was super personable at the games and offered some pretty thoughtful interaction. I know a few others here had the same experience. His game was disjointed and never fully came together, but he provided some of the bigger in-person dunks I've seen in my life. Wish him well.

Wish him well in furthering his education and career. Just wasn’t a fan of the iso ball. Iso ball was a constant theme under Whitesell. Hopefully that changes now that he’s gone. As for Powell, he seemed to always be at the helm of very chaotic basketball. Not knocking the person. You more than me got to know the young man. Wish him well in life. Just wasn’t a fan of his ball playing. 

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

This one sucks bc he’s also a local product. He was one of the players that I felt was not properly developed while he was here for 2! years. Always thought one way or the other he wasn’t gonna be around for 4 years.

I guess nobody wants to see who is coming in, maybe loyalty to JW. I was hoping Blocker would not be a casualty. I'm thinking Caesar may be next.

I'm going to assume that most of our roster will look to transfer out and seek other opportunities. It's not necessarily a bad thing for a new coach with the current state of the transfer portal. You can guarantee newcomers immediate playing time which should help land some decent recruits.

St. Bonaventure had to reconstruct their entire roster last season and while they had an overall down season this year, they're set up to be somewhat successful in the upcoming years with some of their quality younger players.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

Starting a thread here since Zid Powell just hit the portal

I wish Zid nothing but the best. Tremendous athlete with outstanding dunking abilities. I hope he finds what he is looking for. It appears that Zid went to three prep/high schools, two JUCOs and was the first player in the portal. His game reminded me a lot of Dontay Caruthers. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, ub2019 said:

Zid and Kidtrell are solid players, but the only two players I think will truly hurt to lose are Curtis Jones and Issac Jack. 

And Adams and Chatman. Return those 4 as your core, try to convice Laquil to stick around, add a few pieces (start with Dolan to run the point) and this team can be strong next year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Just look at Skogman. Grass wasn’t greener this season.

Skogman didn't really do all that bad (after a rough start) at Davidson. Always came off the bench. Averaged 22.5 minutes in 32 games. 46.2% from the field (36.8 from Three). Averaged 7.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game. Tied for the most blocks on the team.

Josh Mballa might be a better example. Didn't play since the end of January. I assume he was injured. Only averaged 3.4 points in 16 games.

20 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

Skogman didn't really do all that bad (after a rough start) at Davidson. Always came off the bench. Averaged 22.5 minutes in 32 games. 46.2% from the field (36.8 from Three). Averaged 7.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game. Tied for the most blocks on the team.

Josh Mballa might be a better example. Didn't play since the end of January. I assume he was injured. Only averaged 3.4 points in 16 games.

Fair enough. Even though had he stayed he most likely would’ve averaged more in both categories here. But considering his start, solid bench number production and still has more years left to play. Great for him. Let’s not talk about Mballa lol

As I expected Ceasar is in the portal now. Not sure if I am happy or sad on this one. The dude is fast, no doubt. When he was in the game he play frenetically and was a "chucker" (Seinfeld reference intended). I'm just not sure he was going to be a D1 point guard, but without seeing him in that role it's speculation. He felt like a smaller version of Zid. I think they both are immensely talented, but not sure if they can play in a defined offensive flow, it felt like street ball when they came in. I wish him the best if he ends up elsewhere.

Edited by UBinMD