Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

‘23-‘24 Roster

5 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Hopefully Coach Halcovage makes it a priority to coax CuJo out of the portal. With his sophomore stats being similar to Massinburg’s (Curtis 15.1 ppg, 35.9% 3FG, 3.0 apg, 1.1 TOV; CJ 14.5 ppg, 33.1% 3FG, 2.8 apg, 2.0 TOV), I could see Curtis becoming an all-time great, 4-year Bull with the right players and system around him for the next 2 years. 

And maybe Coach can convince Philly native LQH to stay on for one last season to provide veteran leadership and try to re-claim that elusive MAC title.

Go Bulls! 🤘

Press conference Monday at noon, will be interesting to see which players attend. Of course there were several at Becky Burke’s intro that ended up leaving. I’m assuming all the portal guys are still on campus to finish classes and take finals, etc. I would also like to see the 2 you mentioned retained. Blocker follows the new Coach on Twitter so he may be a possibility as well. 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Press conference Monday at noon, will be interesting to see which players attend. Of course there were several at Becky Burke’s intro that ended up leaving. I’m assuming all the portal guys are still on campus to finish classes and take finals, etc. I would also like to see the 2 you mentioned retained. Blocker follows the new Coach on Twitter so he may be a possibility as well. 

Blocker was the team's best 3 point shooter last season.  Granted this was on a fairly small number of shots.  I would think if he fits into Halcovage vision, it is worth trying to bring him back.

• Like 1

Officially we have only lost Ceasar, who I think will be a decent player, but I'm not sure how he would fit. If he was projected as a PG, I'm not sure that was in the cards for him here. Distribution didn't seem like a strength, having the ball in his hands is what he wanted, which is how HS PGs are, that doesn't always translate to a college PG when the competition improves. 

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

Blocker was the team's best 3 point shooter last season.  Granted this was on a fairly small number of shots.  I would think if he fits into Halcovage vision, it is worth trying to bring him back.

I think could fit in the new system here. He's actually naturally inclined to use the jump stops and pivots that Nova features. Problem is his footwork is sloppy and he travels a ton. If the new coaches can help him clean that up, he's fine. Plus he's had family from I assume Rochester at a lot of games, so he might like to stay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Won’t you feel silly when he signs here 😂

Hey, it’s fun to dream right?  Dickinson comes here, takes us straight to the top of the MAC, wins MAC POTY, leads us to the Sweet 16, becomes a lottery draft pick, and then we’re back to looking for a new coach again 12 months from now 😂

28 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Hey, it’s fun to dream right?  Dickinson comes here, takes us straight to the top of the MAC, wins MAC POTY, leads us to the Sweet 16, becomes a lottery draft pick, and then we’re back to looking for a new coach again 12 months from now 😂

I would be ok with that.

Picked this up from an article I saw, certainly interesting:

Powell and fellow Philadelphia native LaQuill Hardnett—UB’s leading rebounder in 2022-23, also looking to transfer—are rumored to be heading home to play for the middling Atlantic 10 program at LaSalle.

8 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Picked this up from an article I saw, certainly interesting:

Powell and fellow Philadelphia native LaQuill Hardnett—UB’s leading rebounder in 2022-23, also looking to transfer—are rumored to be heading home to play for the middling Atlantic 10 program at LaSalle.

I couldn’t blame either one of them for wanting to finish their careers at home.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

How did that work out for Eastern Michigan with Emoni Bates?

47 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Two different players and stories. Bates was not really going to be picked up by a P5, he needed a landing spot. I believe this guy is wanted by many P5.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Dickinson’s never coming to UB so it’s a moot point. But hypothetically I think he’d have a much more positive effect on the Bulls’ win total than Bates had on EMU’s.

As long as we’re being hypothetical and having some fun, if Dickinson did come to Buffalo I’d put the over/under on MAC wins at about 13.5 and I’d venture to guess UB wouldn’t go 0-6 vs the Top 3 teams.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

Dickinson’s never coming to UB so it’s a moot point. But hypothetically I think he’d have a much more positive effect on the Bulls’ win total than Bates had on EMU’s.

As long as we’re being hypothetical and having some fun, if Dickinson did come to Buffalo I’d put the over/under on MAC wins at about 13.5 and I’d venture to guess UB wouldn’t go 0-6 vs the Top 3 teams.  

Let’s turn jack into our Hunter Dickinson. Jack played really well as a true freshman, just needs to get a bit better defensively which comes with time for young centers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

Let’s turn jack into our Hunter Dickinson. Jack played really well as a true freshman, just needs to get a bit better defensively which comes with time for young centers.

I was thinking along the same lines with Jack. If he could turn into a mid-major version of Dickinson we’d have ourselves a dominant big man in the MAC. A bonus would be him developing a reliable 3-pt stroke like Dickinson has (42% this season). 

20 hours ago, Dabulls said:

Been saying it, Jack is exactly what we thought Brock Bertram would be. He was way ahead of schedule during his freshman year, and will only get better. 

• Like 5

On 4/3/2023 at 9:28 AM, mikescherrer8 said:

Been saying it, Jack is exactly what we thought Brock Bertram would be. He was way ahead of schedule during his freshman year, and will only get better. 

Because Isaac Jack can actually run and move.  Big Brock couldn't.  Jack plays 'big'.  Bertram played timid and small.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, enrique14150 said:

Because Isaac Jack can actually run and move.  Big Brock couldn't.  Jack plays 'big'.  Bertram played timid and small.

With the right coaching, Jack could become a big problem in the MAC. Looking forward to seeing him develop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

With the right coaching, Jack could become a big problem in the MAC. Looking forward to seeing him develop. 

I realize Clingan (7’2/265) on UCONN is a little bigger than Jack (6’11/250), but it would be awesome if Jack could become that kind of force on D blocking and altering shots. What a difference maker he was Monday night.