Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

George Halcovage III the next UB Men's Basketball Coach

Jeseph

13 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Perkins and Drew Willy are both following him 

24 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Perkins liked the IG post announcing Halcovage as coach. 

This is good, seemed kind of quiet on alumni, heard from nova alum but your own schools alumni are important especially the recent successful ones 

9 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

This is good, seemed kind of quiet on alumni, heard from nova alum but your own schools alumni are important especially the recent successful ones 

A lot of our recent guys likely have a good relationship with JW so I’m not expecting much. Even if he didn’t win the way we were hoping, the guys genuinely liked him I believe. 

31 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I like the fact he has a Twitter presence, is ok embracing past players and getting the UB name out there. It’s helpful to see activity.
image.thumb.png.c27c35818aff3772a766456cef1ee9c5.png

In this era you need a coach that knows how social media works and uses it to their advantage. Or at least people behind the scenes that are operating it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, capencaper said:

In this era you need a coach that knows how social media works and uses it to their advantage. Or at least people behind the scenes that are operating it.

Couldn’t agree more. Exposure on social media is the best way to capture the attention of all the “kids these days” walking around staring at their phones 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Tik tok’s of practice stuff and workouts and hype videos would actually be dope. Let Victor E do the silly dance stuff. Him and the cheerleaders. It’s a wonder why this isn’t done already. 

Likely bc of the whole not having Tik Tok on state property stuff 

Edited by DaBulls99

On 3/31/2023 at 12:08 AM, BrooklynBull said:

My guess is that you will call for him to be fired 1-3 games into the season, like every other UB coach.

Wrong I don’t think I ever called for Turner Gill or Nate Oats to be fired as far as I can remember. Have standards FAU Owls was one game from the NCAA Championship Game. I thought the UB Bulls want to be big time? You can’t have it both ways. I want Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott fired after the Kansas City Chiefs playoff loss with 13 seconds. I call him “Mr 13 seconds”. Stop complaining likes it’s a UB Bulls thing it isn’t. I am very critical of my own school that I was team manager for so I was apart of the Griffs basketball team and I want them to raise their standards or merge with St Bonaventure Bonnies. Think about that if I say that against my own college I worked for against our rivals St Bonaventure Bonuu? It isn’t a UB Bulls thing ask anyone I expect to win games. I don’t look at the coaches as above criticism they need to win. No one was forcing George Halcovage to take the UB Bulls basketball job. UB Bulls made his dream come true of coaching and becoming a millionaire. Ask any Buffalo fan I have high standards for all the Buffalo sports teams I root for it isn’t just UB Bulls thing in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo