Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Portal

John

14 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

P5 all day but we can dream, right?

His stats are insane. That many rebounds for a 6’1 guard. All around great numbers. But...I’ll pass only bc he will want to start right away. I’ll maintain that I think we need to build for the future with this recruiting class. As we do not have many immediate holes in starting 5 outside of the 2 spot. Which Jack, Brewton or an incoming guard could battle for. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

A second intra-conference transfer.  Are  the floodgates about to open?  Looking at remaining available MAC players - only Mike Nuga interests me - but I can't see that happening.

That would be great. He's a very strong player. He and Jack replacing Graves would have us in a nice spot for next year. But agreed, it's seems a stretch.

46 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:
Didn’t know he was in the portal. Local product and one time recruit I believe. 

UB was one of the schools who offered him for both basketball and football, where he was a 3 star tight end.  I wondered which sport he would choose.  
Didn’t he play for Albany City Rocks too?

Not sure there could be a fit...but this is one intra-conference move that could make sense.   He would likely come off the bench, rather than start as he did at EMU, but depending on available scholarships (pending Fagan and Zachery resolution) if we could sell him on being an integral part of a top tier MAC program, maybe it can happen.

2 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Not sure there could be a fit...but this is one intra-conference move that could make sense.   He would likely come off the bench, rather than start as he did at EMU, but depending on available scholarships (pending Fagan and Zachery resolution) if we could sell him on being an integral part of a top tier MAC program, maybe it can happen.

I would agree if he wasn't a senior. With 5 seniors already on the team (possibly 6 if Fagan returns) that would create a lot of gaps for the 2022-2023 season.

1 minute ago, RoughToughBulls15 said:

I would agree if he wasn't a senior. With 5 seniors already on the team (possibly 6 if Fagan returns) that would create a lot of gaps for the 2022-2023 season.

That is why I qualified.  To best of my knowledge we have 9 definite scholarship players.  There are a few uncertain players, Zachery, Fagan and Bertram(?) as well as one primary target Jones.  So if we get a commit from Jones, but Zachery and Fagan aren't playing next year, you would still have 3 scholarships left.  In that scenario I would consider a Sr transfer as you have two other scholarships for recruit or underclass transfer leaving you with six fr/so.  It is a bit difficult to speculate not knowing intentions / status of some players.

3 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I was a little deflated when the official Mading signing press report was released so soon.  It may suggest the school doesn’t expect another signing in the near future (next week or two).

I wouldn't put too much stock in it.  Where as in the past schools used to always wait and announce the "full class" I think now they want to give each guy their own moment. 

As for scholarships.. I don't know this for a fact, but I don't believe seniors from last year that return count against the number.  Fagan is a different story because he is only technically a redshirt junior, but if Brock came back, I don't think he counts against the 13 scholarship limit.

2 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in it.  Where as in the past schools used to always wait and announce the "full class" I think now they want to give each guy their own moment. 

As for scholarships.. I don't know this for a fact, but I don't believe seniors from last year that return count against the number.  Fagan is a different story because he is only technically a redshirt junior, but if Brock came back, I don't think he counts against the 13 scholarship limit.

Agreed on the press release.

Re: Fagan, he's been present for all the team activities this spring so I'm assuming he'll be back. I think he'll be a nice piece on the wing with his size and improved shooting touch.

25 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I was a little deflated when the official Mading signing press report was released so soon.  It may suggest the school doesn’t expect another signing in the near future (next week or two).

I believe I read that campus visits can resume June 1st (might be wrong on that) so it would make sense from a recruit stand point to hold off another month before making a decision, they've waited this long whats another month or so 

• Like 1