Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2020-21 Schedule

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

How does anyone know it was originally in March without the March date being announced?

Per MAC website

CLEVELAND -- The MAC is adjusting its men’s basketball schedule for the upcoming 2020-21 season. Games will be moved from March 8th, 2021 to various dates this coming December. 

The change is being made due to the fact men’s basketball programs are currently scheduled to play three games the week leading up to the 2021 MAC Men’s Basketball Tournament (March 10-13, 2021).

Game times for these contests will be announced at a future date. 

MAC Men’s Basketball Schedule Adjustments from March 8th, 2021: 
Toledo at Eastern Michigan -- Friday, December 4, 2020
Buffalo at Bowling Green --  Sunday, December 6, 2020
Akron at Kent State --  Saturday, December 19, 2020
Central Michigan at Western Michigan --  Tuesday, December 22, 2020
Ball State at Northern Illinois --  Tuesday, December 29, 2020
Ohio at Miami -- Tuesday, December 29, 2020

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DocCas86 said:

So far a very challenging non conference.  By my accounts WV, Vermont, Bona, Iona and rumored Syracuse.

I hope that's a good thing.  I like the idea of the team being battle-tested going into conference play, but those are all gonna be very tough opponents, other than maybe Iona who I can't pretend to know a ton about other than that they have Rick Pitino coaching.

13 hours ago, UBlearns said:

I hope that's a good thing.  I like the idea of the team being battle-tested going into conference play, but those are all gonna be very tough opponents, other than maybe Iona who I can't pretend to know a ton about other than that they have Rick Pitino coaching.

I am in same boat with regard to Iona.  All I know is they lost a good deal from last year's team and they recruited heavily from JUCO, picking up three transfers from JUCO top 100.  FWIW bartorvik.com has them ranked around 300.  I expect Putino will have them playing hard, so expect a tough game.

59 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I am in same boat with regard to Iona.  All I know is they lost a good deal from last year's team and they recruited heavily from JUCO, picking up three transfers from JUCO top 100.  FWIW bartorvik.com has them ranked around 300.  I expect Putino will have them playing hard, so expect a tough game.

Pitinos presence brought in a bunch of underrated recruits. Iona always seems to find those diamond in the rough type players. They are always a tough team to play and keep the game close. 

Not sure how the teams will matchup, but it would be very nice to play you guys.

Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and Gazelle Group announced Friday that the Minutemen are one of nine additional teams that will join the season-opening multiple team event taking place at Mohegan Sun. 

Bubbleville Pods Two, Three and Four will compete November 25 to December 2 in Uncasville, Connecticut. Final game schedule, game times and television broadcast details will be released at a later date.

Pod Two: Delaware (CAA), Siena (MAAC), and UMass (Atlantic 10)

Pod Three: Buffalo (MAC), Iona (MAAC), and Vermont (America East)

Pod Four: Towson (CAA), St. Bonaventure (Atlantic 10) and Stephen F. Austin (Southland)

12 hours ago, umassfan said:

Not sure how the teams will matchup, but it would be very nice to play you guys.

Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and Gazelle Group announced Friday that the Minutemen are one of nine additional teams that will join the season-opening multiple team event taking place at Mohegan Sun. 

Bubbleville Pods Two, Three and Four will compete November 25 to December 2 in Uncasville, Connecticut. Final game schedule, game times and television broadcast details will be released at a later date.

Pod Two: Delaware (CAA), Siena (MAAC), and UMass (Atlantic 10)

Pod Three: Buffalo (MAC), Iona (MAAC), and Vermont (America East)

Pod Four: Towson (CAA), St. Bonaventure (Atlantic 10) and Stephen F. Austin (Southland)

UB is plying November 30 and December 1.

https://twitter.com/UBAthletics/status/1321099026754916352

45 minutes ago, umassfan said:

Will both have to win our pods first. Not sure which pod champ faces who.

How is this working?  I have seen official games with Iona and Vermont, but when looking for more details saw this about Vermont playing St. Bonaventure as well.

As part of their nonconference schedule, the Catamounts will play Buffalo on Nov. 30, St. Bonaventure on Dec. 1 and Iona on Dec. 2.

Will we also get another game out of this?

Found this indicating three games for Iona

With the announcement of the three games at Mohegan Sun, Rick Pitino and the Gaels have five non-conference games scheduled for the upcoming 2020-21 campaign. Iona takes on New York Metropolitan area rivals Fordham on Nov. 25 and Wagner on December 5. MAAC play is slated to begin December 8, with Iona traveling to Saint Peter’s.

2 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

Why can’t Syracuse ever come to alumni? This has to be the best time for them to come to Buffalo since fans are not part of the equation so why not have it on UB’s home court?

3 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

Why can’t Syracuse ever come to alumni? This has to be the best time for them to come to Buffalo since fans are not part of the equation so why not have it on UB’s home court?

Because Boeheim doesn’t leave Syracuse for the first 2 months any season. There enough Lemoyne, Colgate, Cornell, etc games to get to double digits and then they can play .500 from there.

16 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

Nice to get confirmation on another rumoured opponent.  At this point, is expectation St Bonaventure and one more game?   We should know soon.  Either way, this years' non-conference schedule is tough.

By the way, I see the Bonnies are playing at Akron.