Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Lance Leipold to Kansas

promotherobot

1 hour ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

So based on what Thamel has tweeted Lance's staff should be filled, 7 from UB with 4 from Miles staff staying, 2 in limbo, the OC, DC, OL Coach, Recruiting guy all out. All coaches out are midwest/southeast roots. More Kansas players entering the portal, too. 

Should be a great year for Buffalo and Kansas. What a freaking mess.

It’s definitely a mess. 6 players in and of itself isn’t bad, but they include some of our best. My worry is that there’s a mass exodus if Alnutt doesn’t nail the hire. In a perfect world the new coach comes in and convinces the players to keep the band together and run it back. Might be wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, UB05 said:

It’s definitely a mess. 6 players in and of itself isn’t bad, but they include some of our best. My worry is that there’s a mass exodus if Alnutt doesn’t nail the hire. In a perfect world the new coach comes in and convinces the players to keep the band together and run it back. Might be wishful thinking.

I’m hopeful of that too. I works love someone to be named soon to try to stem the bleeding, but I prefer the right hire fit sustained success versus band aiding this year and getting screwed in the long run with a bad hire. Hopefully Alnutt is getting good interest from quality guys that our transfer believe in the vision of.

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

The new coach has some re-recruiting to do 

If Linguist accepts this weekend we should be able to woo most of these kids back, maybe even bring a few over from elsewhere. I was getting worried hearing nothing but Alnutt was busy getting biz done.

1 minute ago, UBinMD said:

If it makes you feel any better, Kansas has 23 in the portal and have already lost several who have signed elsewhere. Hopefully coach Mo can bring our portal total to 0 soon. He talks to the team in the morning.

Well, Kansas went from a BCS national championship coach to a coach that has never won a MAC title. Maybe that's why some of these guys left.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was already posted... Nice bump in salaries for these guys

Andy Kotelnicki will make $500,000 
Brian Borland will make $450,000 
Linebackers coach Chris Simpson, $380,000;
Offensive line coach Scott Fuchs, $300,000;

Quarterbacks coach Jim Zebrowski, $250,000

UB Salaries: Kotelnicki, $140,269; Borland, $140,269; Zebrowski, $118,260; Simpson, $108,429; Fuchs, $103,001.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article251477273.html

24 minutes ago, bowz said:

Not sure if this was already posted... Nice bump in salaries for these guys

Andy Kotelnicki will make $500,000 
Brian Borland will make $450,000 
Linebackers coach Chris Simpson, $380,000;
Offensive line coach Scott Fuchs, $300,000;

Quarterbacks coach Jim Zebrowski, $250,000

UB Salaries: Kotelnicki, $140,269; Borland, $140,269; Zebrowski, $118,260; Simpson, $108,429; Fuchs, $103,001.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article251477273.html

Hopefully their gigs after Kansas will pay as well or they squirrel a little away.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Hopefully their gigs after Kansas will pay as well or they squirrel a little away.

It's also interesting that the target of most UB Fans ire regarding our coaching staff is the highest paid of all the coordinators 😂

9 hours ago, UBinMD said:

It’s fascinating that people here talk so poorly about the Kansas job when the UWW fans could have said the exact same things about us prior to Lance’s arrival in Buffalo (I.e. career suicide). The guy has done a hell of a job turning around our program. It won’t be easy but he’s got the chance to try it again on a higher level. He’s earned it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

It’s fascinating that people here talk so poorly about the Kansas job when the UWW fans could have said the exact same things about us prior to Lance’s arrival in Buffalo (I.e. career suicide). The guy has done a hell of a job turning around our program. It won’t be easy but he’s got the chance to try it again on a higher level. He’s earned it. 

If he left in January I'd be happy for him. Leaving when he did makes me not like him. But I think Linguist will be great if the roster isn't decimated by transfers.

• Like 1