Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Interest List - 2021, 2022, and 2023

Kevin

2 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

I wouldn't touch anything close to this murder. Let's start this new era off with a very clean slate and no hints of stink. 

Have we reached quaternary guilt by association? Not to restart this debate, but I couldn't disagree more that Bradley should be judged in any way here. 

On 3/31/2023 at 4:20 PM, MuchMany said:

Greg Dolan (Cornell) - 6'3 G from Buffalo with one year left. He's obviously been discussed before, but he fits a potential Villanova-style scheme here perfectly now. He's a career 42% shooter from three, averaged 2.8 steals/game in his three years, never fouls, and had a better offensive rating that Curtis Jones this year. Slam dunk addition that checks all the boxes for us transitioning to a new system year one.

Dolan committed to Loyola-Chicago today. Bummer, he would have been a great fit.

8 minutes ago, ub2019 said:

Per game numbers aren't eye-popping (10.1 PPG, 4.6 RPG) because he played behind another good big man that Montana St. had this year but his metrics are pretty good. #94 available transfer per evanmiya.com. 1-4 in his career from 3 with good rebounding/block rates so he fits more of a traditional center's role. Not the type I'd expect to see Halcovage target

Edited by trueblue32

11 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Per game numbers aren't eye-popping (10.1 PPG, 4.6 RPG) because he played behind another good big man that Montana St. had this year but his metrics are pretty good. #94 available transfer per evanmiya.com. 1-4 in his career from 3 with good rebounding/block rates so he fits more of a traditional center's role. Not the type I'd expect to see Halcovage target

Sometimes you need grunt workers. Do the dirty work and bring toughness 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Opinion: fully expect Isaiah Fields to commit during or after his visit. We are his only offer at the moment it seems. 

Sultan is following Pressuti and Tibbs as well as Zaakir and Kanye Jones. I’d expect him to commit in the following week or so. Thinking it’s Iona or us unless another school offers him. I was confident that UB would be a lock but Iona had a larger exodus of transfers and I’m not sure if they have any returning PF’s or one’s already committed. We have Zaakir, Chatman and Smith all battling for playing time at PF currently. Could be less playing time for him at UB unless HC can fit him into rotation or he is a stud. 

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

6'5" shooting guard.  Other D1 offer is from Manhattan.  He is the son of a former NFL player.

Late breakout player. Only did his SR year at IMG. Could be really underrated. Like that coach is going after underrated recruits, could be some gems

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

Late breakout player. Only did his SR year at IMG. Could be really underrated. Like that coach is going after underrated recruits, could be some gems

I think he is looking for players that are solid performers and may show they are willing to work in a scheme to be better as a whole versus individual stars. I could be wrong, but that’s what I’m seeing so far, including the holdover players that stayed.

• 1 month later...

We did express interest in Kedrian Johnson out of JUCO, but another possible outcome is that our chances of getting who we want may improve with a couple of WVU transfers.   Adding a couple of quality transfers at this point can only help UB, right?

Edit:  but we would then have competition from WVU as they try to replace players...so probably may not change things too much...probably best to stay focused on current targets

Edited by DocCas86

36 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

The interesting aspect of this would be, how many teams have open scholarships currently for the up coming season? 

I know some teams have left scholarships open for this exact opportunity or if a player decides to transfer late 

Probably all the more reason to stay focused on players they were targeting. 

18 minutes ago, UB77 said:

Wouldn't the two time transfers require a waiver regardless if they stay at WVU or go back into the portal to transfer elsewhere?   If so if there is risk sitting out at WVU or another P5, why not choose potentially a more stable option than WVU?  Would the NCAA be more likely to give someone a waiver if they stayed after a coaching departure?

1 minute ago, DocCas86 said:

Wouldn't the two time transfers require a waiver regardless if they stay at WVU or go back into the portal to transfer elsewhere?   If so if there is risk sitting out at WVU or another P5, why not choose potentially a more stable option than WVU?  Would the NCAA be more likely to give someone a waiver if they stayed after a coaching departure?

Probably a lot that goes into it, at least I would hope

Like if wvu promotes an assistant as interim player x stays with team then after the season wvu hires someone else and player would like to transfer. I would hope they are understanding 

33 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Is there a breakdown of scholarships per class and open scholarships? 

Looks like UB recently offered a few 24's with wondering what is open now and into the future. Especially with what seems like a large freshman class this year 

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/buffalo

This is usually a good source for the roster situation.

UB currently has two open scholarships for this year.   Beyond this year you have to factor in any transfers, but I believe only Chatman is in his last year of eligibility.  I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Any speculation on transfers? Haven’t seen or heard anything. Really need a PG to pair with Fulcher. I’d love to see Willie Lightfoot come home. He played decently in limited minutes. He’d fit perfectly with coach trying to grow a team over time.