Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

11/4 - Daemen Doubleheader

trueblue32

I figured I'd get a game thread going for the first game (even if it's an exhibition) in person in a couple years.  I gotta reiterate how I appreciate that we always get Daemen for exhibitions as they are a great D2 program that would beat a lot of lower level D1 teams.

Daemen is the de facto #38 ranked D2 team as the 13th team receiving votes.  They have already played 3 games beating the de facto #26 team, and losing to the #4 team by 11 points, and #3 team by 3 points.

Their big man Andrew Sischo was a first team all-American.  He's averaged 18.3 PPG and 9.0 RPG in his 3 career exhibition games against us.  I've always wished we could poach him off of Daemen lol

Edited by trueblue32

1 hour ago, trueblue32 said:

Their big man Andrew Sischo was a first team all-American.  He's averaged 18.3 PPG and 9.0 RPG in his 3 career exhibition games against us.  I've always wished we could poach him off of Daemen lol

Brock and Sischo have both played for their respective teams for over 11 years

• Haha 3

Maybe the most important thing to me today is having Mballa/Hardnett/Skogman knock down some outside shots.  Important for the trajectory of the season, but also I want Michigan to have tape showing that they can't drop Dickinson in ball screen coverage.  If Michigan can get away with letting him clog the paint all game we don't stand a chance, they were #3 in 2-point defense last year.

Jack’s stroke is pure.

Blocker and Jones are incredible athletes. Could see them progressing into the defensive stoppers we need. If not this year, next. Played well defensively, rebounded, got to the rim. 

Perry is a dog. Efficient scoring tonight. 

Mading is raw and definitely had some nerves tonight. But man is he long. Great put back dunk. And his elbows were above the rim on the one he misses.

Overall, good outing for the new guys. I’m excited to watch them progress