Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo/EMU 2.17.22 (12pm)

UBinMD

28 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

It would be better for UB if Ohio beats Kent tomorrow, right?   Or, the other way around?   Just curious, I won’t be cheering for either of them anyway. 

Considering Ohio has the tie breaker on us, it would be better for Ohio to beat Kent tomorrow. Also we have the tie break on Kent with a game still left against them. 

Agree, we’re not catching Ohio.  But if they beat Kent tomorrow and UB beats Kent in the final game, then we’d be in good position to grab the 3 seed the way Akron keeps dropping games.  Would we rather play a 3/6 matchup with Ball State who’s given us 2 tough games, or a 4/5 matchup with Akron? Tough call.

If we dare to dream, maybe Toledo trips up one more time for their 4th loss before we play each other. Then as long as we take care of these next 4 games vs WMU, MOH, and NIU (2x), we’d be playing the Rockets for the 2 seed on March 1st. Two weeks ago, nobody would’ve given the Bulls a chance to even get into the top 3 let alone steal the 2, but as Ball State and now NIU have proven, anything is possible in the MAC!  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Agree, we’re not catching Ohio.  But if they beat Kent tomorrow and UB beats Kent in the final game, then we’d be in good position to grab the 3 seed the way Akron keeps dropping games.  Would we rather play a 3/6 matchup with Ball State who’s given us 2 tough games, or a 4/5 matchup with Akron? Tough call.

If we dare to dream, maybe Toledo trips up one more time for their 4th loss before we play each other. Then as long as we take care of these next 4 games vs WMU, MOH, and NIU (2x), we’d be playing the Rockets for the 2 seed on March 1st. Two weeks ago, nobody would’ve given the Bulls a chance to even get into the top 3 let alone steal the 2, but as Ball State and now NIU have proven, anything is possible in the MAC!  

NIU and MOH are bound to be pesky, need to make sure you take care of those games.  Toledo / Kent you want to play well and hopefully get win for some confidence heading into Cleveland. Win and the seed will take care of itself.

14 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

NIU and MOH are bound to be pesky, need to make sure you take care of those games.  Toledo / Kent you want to play well and hopefully get win for some confidence heading into Cleveland. Win and the seed will take care of itself.

Yes, can’t take any of these remaining games for granted. NIU and WMU are both on 2 game win streaks, and we know all too well what Miami is capable of doing. Ironically they’re probably our best hope to hang one more L on Toledo before UB plays the Rockets. Would be a bonus if that game could actually be for the 2 seed.  Not saying any of this is likely, but the season has sure gotten a lot more fun these last 5 games!

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

We’re not catching Ohio, so yes but seeding is meh as BB pointed out.

You want Ohio to win. Almost no chance you can catch them.

Its pretty important to try to get the 3 seed as the path is probably way better. 

I was also going to make a joke that I had to pick between watching UB EMU at noon or getting a root canal. I got a root canal, and I can say watching UB EMU would have been much preferred. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Agree, we’re not catching Ohio.  

Speaking of Ohio, I think they are in danger tonight. Jason Carter is a game time decision. Ohio is already thin bc McDay is out for the year and Wilson is redshirting. They don’t go deep off the bench. Only 7 guys get meaningful minutes. And at times Sears and Van Der Plaas play over 35 minutes. Their last 5 games they have gotten off to a slow first half starts. Kent state at home having won 7 straight. I looked at their last five games…I noticed they play many guys and have had different starting 5 combos. They can shoot the 3 well but struggle from the free throw line. Should be a good game. Ohio is there for the taking tonight. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Speaking of Ohio, I think they are in danger tonight. Jason Carter is a game time decision. Ohio is already thin bc McDay is out for the year and Wilson is redshirting. They don’t go deep off the bench. Only 7 guys get meaningful minutes. And at times Sears and Van Der Plaas play over 35 minutes. Their last 5 games they have gotten off to a slow first half starts. Kent state at home having won 7 straight. I looked at their last five games…I noticed they play many guys and have had different starting 5 combos. They can shoot the 3 well but struggle from the free throw line. Should be a good game. Ohio is there for the taking tonight. 

You called it.  Currently 35-10.  Ohio has shot 2-22.  Tough night.

22 hours ago, Erie County said:

He should get every minute that Brewton gets

Jones has earned more playing time in my opinion 

22 hours ago, Erie County said:

This was a fairly positive game thread

I never have issues with the game threads. Was just sharing something that made me laugh especially how its a constant topic here