Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo/Miami-OH 2/22

UBinMD

I probably know the least about Miami of any MAC team this year. Anyone have some insight into them? I think I blocked out the 91-81 loss from Dec. 29th.

I did briefly talk to Nike Sibande, who's out for the season with an ACL, after the Pitt game I went to Saturday. He said he doesn't miss playing UB. I also maybe suggested there would be some PT available at a premier MAC program next year.😎

Edited by MuchMany

2 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I probably know the least about Miami of any MAC team this year. Anyone have some insight into them? I think I blocked out the 91-81 loss from Dec. 29th.

I did briefly talk to Nike Sibande, who's out for the season with an ACL, after the Pitt game I went to Saturday. He said he doesn't miss playing UB. I also maybe suggested there would be some PT available at a premier MAC program next year.😎

Tampering!!! Call the police. Naughty naughty.

6 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

This is actually a team we should know very well. Guys like Dalonte Brown and DeeDee Grant have been around. And been thorns in our butt. Brown can play inside and out. He is the keep. Lairy can also catch fire. They are no stranger to us. This is a game we can’t let our guard down. 

2 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Tampering!!! Call the police. Naughty naughty.

I hate the fact that I actually did hesitate before hitting "Submit Reply." Never want to draw the ire of counsel.

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

This is actually a team we should know very well. Guys like Dalonte Brown and DeeDee Grant have been around. And been thorns in our butt. Brown can play inside and out. He is the keep. Lairy can also catch fire. They are no stranger to us. This is a game we can’t let our guard down. 

You're definitely right, for some reason I just haven't thought about them at all this year. Those three guys would still be in my revenge crosshairs from the covid MAC tourney loss if I were Jeenathan, Josh, and Rondo. Sibande dropped 31 on us that game, bleh. Not to get too far off topic, but I wonder how a win in that game followed by the season cancellation would have influenced people's opinion of Whitesell, with the what-if factor considered.

1 minute ago, MuchMany said:

I hate the fact that I actually did hesitate before hitting "Submit Reply." Never want to draw the ire of counsel.

Ha!

1 minute ago, MuchMany said:

Not to get too far off topic, but I wonder how a win in that game followed by the season cancellation would have influenced people's opinion of Whitesell, with the what-if factor considered.

Good point. That loss brought the critics out in force. Yes, bad loss at the most important point in the season. A win there would've left UB as reigning champ, leading into last year's finals loss and this campaign's current 10-4 record. No ifs though, it was a loss on the resume. Just need to keep the win streak alive tonight.

Miami is all over the map in terms of wins and losses. Are you going to see the team that beat Georgia Tech and took Cinci to the wire? Or are you going to see the team that lost by double digits to Bellarmine and EMU? I don't know but we've struggled all year playing defense against slasher guards and I'm worried 5'8" Lairy could torch us again. We cannot lose this game.

3 hours ago, Tee4three said:

In my opinion this game will tell us a lot about ub's chances going forward

Miami is very hit or miss but they at least have the ability to play well

A win here on the road will start getting my hopes up for a cleveland run

Would it tell us a lot? If UB beats a Miami that is on the miss side of the equation that won’t tell us much. But if Miami is on the hit side and we still win, then we can feel good. Hit or miss if UB loses that would be bad.

23 minutes ago, yussi1870 said:

Would it tell us a lot? If UB beats a Miami that is on the miss side of the equation that won’t tell us much. But if Miami is on the hit side and we still win, then we can feel good. Hit or miss if UB loses that would be bad.

Learning/telling us a lot is more how the game goes rather than just a win or a loss

Are they playing defense? Are they moving the ball are they turning it over? Are they continuing working the inside rather than settling for quick bad 3s

8 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Let's go, fun game so far. This starting lineup is really starting to do it, but anything we actually learn from this game will be about the bench imo.

Yes, but I think there are things we could still learn about the starters.  Is Mballa really back, or did he just have a couple outliers?  Has Jack's true defense shown up?  More consistency from both players would be nice. 

Edited by 121Merrimac
typo

1 minute ago, Tee4three said:

Learning/telling us a lot is more how the game goes rather than just a win or a loss

Are they playing defense? Are they moving the ball are they turning it over? Are they continuing working the inside rather than settling for quick bad 3s

Pass the ball, run an offense,  no more zero pass jump shots! Work it in to the bigs, dominate! Kick out if doubled. Work jeenathan through  to his left. 

Seems easy enough to say from here anyway.