Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo/Miami-OH 2/22

UBinMD

Just now, MuchMany said:

Pure speculation, but I imagine Brewton would be a MAJOR locker room distraction if his minutes disappeared. Just the vibe I get from his social media and body language on the court.

We're lucky to have somebody that can not only kill on-court momentum but could poison a team if he were not given that opportunity. #Blessed

• Haha 1

Just now, MuchMany said:

Pure speculation, but I imagine Brewton would be a MAJOR locker room distraction if his minutes disappeared. Just the vibe I get from his social media and body language on the court.

Then toss him. Oats or Hurley wouldn't let one kid destroy the team with cockiness. Whitesell and Reggie are literally the same person.

Just now, Tee4three said:

The second unit doesn't have an offensive threat

In the few games blocker has played he has shown an offensive game

Seems fairly obvious to me 

They really should get him minutes in these last 5 games. Right now its ok but come cleveland can't really afford to have a bad stretch of minutes of zero scoring threats

They must have their reasons. D, strength? They see the players way more than us.

Our limited bench points seem to be because they all play together at once and then out. It seems to be by design, as the rotation is fairly consistent each game. If they were scattered in 2 vs 4, they'd have vets drawing tougher D, as opposed to 6-9 playing vs the opponent's starters/partial starters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Ugh I really hate when Mballa shoots 3s. That was actually a nice end of clock play but run for the wrong shooter. Mballa shouldn’t be hunting 3s.

I don't think they ran it for Mballa specifically.  I think they ran it for whomever was open on the perimeter.  Miami was smart enough to make sure the shooters were covered.

This is a close-knit group, including Brewton. This isn't a video game, it's not as easy as just benching/cutting a senior who the rest of the guys seem to like. Coaching kids toward March can be like trying to land a plane with a couple mayday signals going off. There isn't a perfect solution available, but I would like to see a bit more experimentation to find the best one.

3 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Agreed staff doesn’t want to create a cancer on the team so they’ll probably rather just continue with the bad play of him and only have to deal with it 5 more games and how ever many games the team wins after that 

8 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Just want to point out that he is always one of the guys standing and cheering on the bench

While he always seems to make poor plays I wouldn't question effort 

But I can see where you are coming from 

Edited by Tee4three

Just now, Erie County said:

I think he could be back, im not convinced he doesnt take his last year

I'd ballpark it at 75% gone/25% here, but it's possible. Not sure how he'd feel about hanging around without his main guy Jeenathan and buddy Mballa.

1 minute ago, Erie County said:

Starters to bench? yeah its insane

This is the thing though, our starters have basically lived up to pre-season expectations. The bench is where we have fallen short in performance, stats, and record. Not news to you or anyone I know, but it should be said.

Just now, Erie County said:

Yes, most of my complaints are with pretty much every single bench player outside of Jones. I'm still shook why Blocker  wouldnt play more

Blocker in what I’ve seen of him, seems like a pest on defense. May not be the greatest defensively but not that bad. Offensively he is incredibly athletic and shows the ability to create his own shots. Would give him a shot