Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Toledo Game

Uoftoledofans

Ill admit ever after the 0-3 start I didn't feel this team was horrible at all so the 5-0 run doesn't shock me but can't say I expected it.

This win is really the stamp so far. To go 4-0 in the MAC EAST, beating Toledo, the way they did it too... We are in the MAC East drivers seat so quickly.

• Like 3

That's why you play the whole game!  I never thought that Toledo was playing that great, just that the Bulls' offense was garbage for 3 quarters.  The sideline fade patterns were not working, and Cole kept throwing fastballs too high to guys.  Once the motion got better, and he settled for some shorter gains, they started moving the chains.  Giving up 27 points doesn't make it look like it, but that UB defense did the job.  They looked well prepared a lot of times for what Toledo's QB wanted to do and made him pay for some bad throws.  Big credit to the defensive players and coaches for that.  Open-field tackling was very good.  Today was a big test, to see how 'for real' this team was, and in the end they passed.  

Toledo - that QB was a slippery runner like Miami's was, but just like Miami's, he wasn't that good at throwing it.  

Crowd - I would've liked to have seen a better turnout on a 70 degree day, between two first place teams, on a weekend when the Bills have a bye.  I don't know what more you need to sell it.

That 0-3 start was always probably going to be 1-2 based on who they were playing.  Credit to this team for getting better as it's gone on, and stepping up today when it was looking dead and gone.

Edited by enrique14150
  • Like 4

On 10/16/2022 at 1:19 PM, Uoftoledofans said:

Im glad you guys are on a win streak and undefeated in the league!

It 1. Makes Toledo have to respect the Bulls. When earlier in the season this game had "TRAP" written all over it. 2. Gives the nation a relevant MACC lookahead game. It will be on lots of folks smart TVs this upcoming weekend. I hope you guys have a good crowd to cheer on the Bulls to prove All MAC stadiums arent drab and fanless.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope Finn's okay.

Again I glad I was wrong about this UB Bulls football team this season I am a bum and incompetent with my predictions. BSF tip of the hat to this 2022 UB Bulls football team. I predicted 35-31 UB today on UB Bull Run. I thought UB was toast down 17 points in the 4th quarter today I admit it. I wish I was well enough health wise to have been there live in person at the game. I rank this game high for great UB football victories. It isn’t the Hailmary Temple Game with Turner Gill. It isn’t the 5OT I think it was with Lance Leipold. I was at both those UB home games. But it is top ten games in UB football history modern UB football era. Both the UB Bowl game wins are higher especially beating Marshall Thundering Herd at the Camellia Bowl. Beating Charlotte 49ers for our first bowl win in Bahamas was huge. The bowl wins are the highest for me personally because Buffalo walked off for the last time in a season champions. But this game was a UB Bulls football classic. Especially when the ESPN+ announcers were going into how good Toledo Rockets are routine they all do it when the announcers feel a game is out of reach. Then the 360 turn was fantastic. UB Bulls football are definitely bowling that is all I care about. UB Bulls football needs to bowl yearly to tap into the enormous potential UB football has if they can tap even a fraction of the Western New York football market. Football has great potential if they win yearly like the Buffalo Bandits. Buffalo just doesn’t do losing beyond the Buffalo Bills. Even the Buffalo Sabres figured that out. This will help recruiting which is important. The only bad thing today is this UB Bulls football game wasn’t on cable locally in Buffalo market. Yes hardcore UB football fans like us have ESPN+ streaming but not everyone especially in Western New York that is a older person market place in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

What is it about the MAC? It feels like your get a couple of these kind of collapses/comebacks every year. Lord knows we've been on the wrong end a few times.

Army 2016

Kent State 2019

Ohio 2021

Toledo 2022

Can't say UB football is boring.

On 10/21/2022 at 6:29 PM, Uoftoledofans said:

1. Win the turnover battle.

2. Keep it under 7 penalties and 60 yards of em.

3. Ya need TDs and not fgs. Youll need over 30 pts to have a shot. Toledo has been giving up that much the last two weeks, but against NIU it was in garbage time.

4. Something Special teamsy would be nice. Toledo gave up two punt blocks vs. CMU and 2 onside kick returns vs. NIU. The margains were just too much to affect the game at those points.

Follow up on this.

1. Won the turnover battle

2. 4 for 35

3. 4 touchdowns, 2 field goals

4. We gave up some big punt returns and had punts of 12 yards and 16 yards so I guess we checked this box even if not in our favor.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:49 PM, rma said:

Follow up on this.

1. Won the turnover battle

2. 4 for 35

3. 4 touchdowns, 2 field goals

4. We gave up some big punt returns and had punts of 12 yards and 16 yards so I guess we checked this box even if not in our favor.

Im kind of curious where our Toledo Friend went.......