Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent State @ UB - 2/10/23 6:00 pm - ESPN2

Alright let’s get the game thread started. Buffalo coming off 2 wins, looking to avenge their loss against Kent State the first time around. Laquill Hardnett has seem to have found his game a bit and is averaging 24-11 in the last two games, shooting 63% from the field, including 6-9 from the 3. I think this game is going to shape out to be a close but good game. Kent State now 9-2 in MAC play.

image.gif.750b681ade5b9377663838d63da24a12.gif

• Like 3

Feels like we have some momentum, so I'll predict a 20-poiint loss. Seriously though, and unfortunately, I'm afraid we make too many sloppy/losing plays to finish off a quality team like Kent. I love Zid and the spirit and zest he plays with, but he made three mistakes in the dying minutes of the EMU game that would be killers in a close game.

In the last two, Kent was beaten soundly at Akron, but bounced back with a blowout win home against BG. Against BG they had a 50% Off Reb percentage and shot 62% from two. Jack had some fouls and looked outmatched in 9 minutes in the first Kent game, so we'll need him to battle better inside this time. Our guards will need to continue helping on the boards as they have lately, especially Curtis who grabbed six Def Rebs vs EMU. On offense, we will likely need both Adams to stay hot and Curtis to get hot, while Foster stirs the drink.

We'll see how it all goes, but I'll be there with hopefully another strong crowd rooting for a big win.

• Like 1

It’ll have to be all hands on deck for the Bulls as it feels like it will take almost a perfect game to take down Kent.  Though, we played far from perfect the first time around and were still able to make it close at the end. And Kent has certainly looked beatable lately.

Need another strong performance from Hardnett who seems to be making a concerted effort lately to be more of an offensive threat. It would also be great to see Curtis go for about 20, and for Powell not to force too many 3’s and just take it to the hoop and get to the foul line.

I think if UB keeps up the solid FT and 3-pt shooting from the last couple games, they could pull it off. Would be a perfect time for JW to get a signature win against a top MAC opponent. Go Bulls! 🤘

Edited by Bluebird96
  • Like 1

A must win. Bulls can still catch Ball State for the 4th seed. That's very much an attainable goal. Hardnett has played well above his mean the last two games. Would be tremendous if that can continue. He rarely seems to force his shot. I've been very impressed by him. Curtis Jones is still our best player IMO, but he has been inconsistent. I hope Kulel will be rejoining the team soon. He has lots of upside and has played okay in limited minutes. His D has to improve to be counted on in a more significant way. 

17 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Those black unis look sweet! CuJo modelled it on twitter. Would be nice to come out with a W on this evening.

We will be wearing our black UB attire tonight and hope to see the largest crowd  of the season. The team should be primed for a great game against a quality opponent. Go Bulls!!

2 minutes ago, John said:

We will be wearing our black UB attire tonight and hope to see the largest crowd  of the season. The team should be primed for a great game against a quality opponent. Go Bulls!!

They need to come out ready and not over eager. Need to get Zid to settle down and let the game come to him. Foster will be the key tonight. CuJo needs a solid performance (15-18), get Adams his set shots, Q doing his thing and feeding Jack in the post for some easy buckets. Then play solid D and defend the 3's.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

They need to come out ready and not over eager. Need to get Zid to settle down and let the game come to him. Foster will be the key tonight. CuJo needs a solid performance (15-18), get Adams his set shots, Q doing his thing and feeding Jack in the post for some easy buckets. Then play solid D and defend the 3's.

CuJo…love it!  Whole team needs to play like a pack of rabid dogs tonight and clamp down on defense, get some turnovers leading to those fast break points we all love, and walk away with a long awaited win versus a Top 3 MAC team! 🤘🤘

All I see are empty sidelines and full endzones. The city of Buffalo of utterly useless for UB sports. I'm so sick and tired of watching this. Buffalo Super Fan, where are all your friends? Are they at the St Bonnie game? They're certainly not at Canisius. Perhaps pursuing a fanbase outside of WNY wasn't a bad idea after all. Christ.