Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Search 2023 Edition

Kevin

12 minutes ago, clodney said:

The good news is that time will tell which side was right. Over the next few years we'll get to see what Hodgson is made of to determine if we made the right call or completely effed this thing up. Let's just hope whoever we end up hiring does a better job because there will be naysayers complaining for years if we can't compete to his Ark St team.

It’s not just that UB is struggling to beat Canisius and is too scared to play Niagara for whatever reason buck buck buck. UB is just chicken the same chicken when Bobby Hurley chose to not accept UB post season because he didn’t want to play Canisius Jim Baron with Billy Baron with Danny White’s New York Bulls and New York Public Power House on the line so the UB Bulls basketball went chicken passed on the postseason tournament buck, buck, buck.

Forget about the St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball that is like UCLA Bruins basketball too heavy a lift for UB Bulls basketball. UB Bulls should be thankful that the Little Three dropped Division I football in the early 1950’s. I am not sure UB could beat any of the three back then they played games at War Memorial Stadium and St Bonaventure Bonnies also had there own stadium so did Canisius the Canisius Villa on campus. Why BSF? Because institutionally those three are private schools the Bonnies played powerhouse San Francisco Dons in the 1940’s and early 1950’s. UB is a very screwed up state school that is worried about everything but actually winning football and basketball games. Too busy telling fans what they can and can’t do as a athletics department. Western New York fans don’t care they just want to win games.

Look at the Little Three football films I have I am not sure UB could beat the Little Three football schools. UB Bulls football benefited in the 1950’s when the Little Three schools shutdown there Division I football programs the last was Bonnies football 1951 and the Buffalo Bills AAFC wasn’t accepted into the NFL merger of 1950. UB athletics today NIL and $1 million dollars for a basketball coach? What is the world coming to is UB’s response. I would bet the ranch UB Bulls basketball will screw this up the Bonnies basketball will be in the NCAA’s before UB Bulls basketball. UB Bulls are a football school not a basketball school. The only champions coach UB Bulls fans are seeing is the Bonnies coach Mark Schmidt when they come to UB Alumni Arena. That will be there largest crowd too see one of the greatest Big 4 basketball coaches who stayed in Western New York because Mark Schmidt cares has his own radio show is real and not a pretender like UB Bulls basketball program right now pretenders not contenders. Last UB Bulls basketball buck, buck, buck play Niagara Purple Eagles chickens in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, clodney said:

The good news is that time will tell which side was right. Over the next few years we'll get to see what Hodgson is made of to determine if we made the right call or completely effed this thing up. Let's just hope whoever we end up hiring does a better job because there will be naysayers complaining for years if we can't compete to his Ark St team.

I want him to succeed because he was a part of one of our greatest basketball teams ever. But I hope we do better, both for our team’s success and if somebody’s keeping track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheerUB80/84 said:

Dabulls there is an ignore feature.  I have ignored him since Christmas.  It makes this site much more enjoyable. 

I read this as someone was trying to ignore me. I was thinking dang? Am I really that annoying 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Horns Up is just a uniformed troll. Best not to feed him. Unfortunately the site doesn’t have an ignore feature. 

What are you talking about?  The site does have an ignore user feature.  It is very helpful.  

14 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Did anyone see him get on a return flight?

Also, if he is still in town, has anyone seen him at Motel 6 (bad sign) or Reikart House (good sign).

🤪

P.S.  Hope my idea of humor doesn't make me the victim of people's newly learned skill of blocking people! 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Also, if he is still in town, has anyone seen him at Motel 6 (bad sign) or Reikart House (good sign).

🤪

P.S.  Hope my idea of humor doesn't make me the victim of people's newly learned skill of blocking people! 

I was walking down Allen earlier and saw McCollum and DeAndre Hopkins having wings at Gabriel's Gate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

There is only one Big 4 Western New York basketball school that has delivered Western New York a National Championship in College Basketball the 1977 St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball NIT championship

Winning the NIT in 1977 was not winning a national championship.  The 1977 national champion was Marquette.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

🤪

Your safe with me!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

Last UB Bulls basketball buck, buck, buck play Niagara Purple Eagles chickens in my opinion

I don’t know what this means but maybe you can ask Niagara to schedule UB in MBB because they seem to be ducking us recently

• Like 1

As an alumni in the NYC metro area, who has been following UB sports for years, especially since " the catch". I have an affinity for the basketball program since I met my future wife after a game in 1970. I believe  this program will get back on track a bit, once a hungry coach is chosen. Mistakes were made by the AD, but this looks like it is  now going in the right direction. I am hoping  for the right pick for a coach  that will  reinvigorate the program. Go Bulls!

image.png

Edited by HOWARD 71
  • Like 1