Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

‘23-‘24 Womens Hoops Roster

Jeseph

29 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Yea, if this is truly problematic it needs to be address yesterday. If not, do some damage control PR to set the record straight. Either way moving forward without acknowledgement seems like poor judgement.

Maybe another podcast episode? We got Alnutt’s side of the MBB search yesterday

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

100%, it's all about fit. My question is, these young ladies I would think watched UB games during the season and came to practices, visits, etc. Did they not think she was intense?

Was HC BB intense in games? Not particularly, not compared to FLJ. She was normally a relatively calm during games, on a similar level as Jim Whitesell. Now did she get in players' faces from time to time, yes I think she did, but I didn't see anything out of line. All the out-of-line stuff comes from the fact that players and coaches are leaving, and if this is HC BBs fault (I'm not saying it is) then likely this has something to with her behavior in private rather than in games.

Edited by dj_paige
  • Like 1

If the coaches who left aren’t saying why they left and niether is Coach B. The AD has not indicated there is a H.R. issue with the coaches leaving or with the coach B. The players that chose to decommitt are not providing explanations to their decision and neither is Coach B. What exactly do we want? Coach seems to have turned the page and  put together a solid team.   Won’t know until the fall for sure but the roster today looks good compared to others in conference. 

Edited by NC_UBfan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

If the coaches who left aren’t saying why they left and niether is Coach B. The AD has not indicated there is a H.R. issue with the coaches leaving or with the coach B. The players that chose to decommitt are not providing explanations to their decision and neither is Coach B. What exactly do we want? Coach seems to have turned the page and  put together a solid team.   Won’t know until the fall for sure but the roster today looks good compared to others in conference. 

I put on an extra tin foil hat for this one. 

I have a guess what happened it involves Scott Johnson and Wyatt Foust doing some pretty nasty collusion to try and damage the program, along with influence and pressuring these kids to do what might not be in all of their best interests. 

It's to inflammatory to come outright and say. I know lame by me. 

I will just leave it at it includes recent events at the school and the state of divisive politics currently in the US.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

I have a guess what happened it involves Scott Johnson and Wyatt Foust doing some pretty nasty collusion to try and damage the program, along with influence and pressuring these kids to do what might not be in all of their best interests. 

I will just leave it at it includes recent events at the school and the state of divisive politics currently in the US.

If true, very sad. Especially if you saying publicly you are looking out for the student-athlete.

42 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

+1

Here is a point to consider among all the conspiracy theories people are coming up with.

Coach Wheeler is coaching high school.  It appears that neither Coach Dozier or Coach Foust have a coaching job now.  Most rosters are filled for next year.

So riddle me this Batman, where exactly in April are they going to find a spot to play for the 23-24 season?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Here is a point to consider among all the conspiracy theories people are coming up with.

Coach Wheeler is coaching high school.  It appears that neither Coach Dozier or Coach Foust have a coaching job now.  Most rosters are filled for next year.

So riddle me this Batman, where exactly in April are they going to find a spot to play for the 23-24 season?

image.jpeg.458829eaa64c80de98ff05c443e4bb8e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

The answer is they don't.  It’s go time for staffs the live period for AAU is here time to hit the road for the 24,25,26 classes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

The answer is they don't.  It’s go time for staffs the live period for AAU is here time to hit the road for the 24,25,26 classes

Hopefully the 5 aren’t trying to play together somewhere. That’s a tough sell. Some could do JUCO to at least play if no D1 offers materialize 

34 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

It appears that neither Coach Dozier or Coach Foust have a coaching job now.  Most rosters are filled for next year.

According to The Buffalo News, Foust has a job lined up but it has not been announced. 

My guess is they will find a spot for with the constant inflow and outflow of portal players

37 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Since spots are so hard to find in April, why would any of them have decided to voluntarily bail on their spots at UB for the upcoming season? Without some major reasoning behind their decisions?

3 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Since spots are so hard to find in April, why would any of them have decided to voluntarily bail on their spots at UB for the upcoming season? Without some major reasoning behind their decisions?

I'm guessing they wanted to leave long ago, isn't that what the parents are upset with? - asks the non-tweeter

22 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Plenty of spots available. For every transfer portal player there is an open spot. They are very talented, they’ll land somewhere. Interesting question is if this counts as their one time transfer since they had a signed NLI. 

24 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I'm guessing they wanted to leave long ago, isn't that what the parents are upset with? - asks the non-tweeter

The earliest one I saw posted was Paige Kohler wanted out 3/22 (not long after a very successful state title run). That's still fairly late in the game. She was supposedly the 1st one opting out, from what was in writing.