Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Turner Battle to have number honored at 2/17 home game

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Oh come on.  Quit teasing us.  Give us this Asshat's name so we can all know who we're hating.

Even an Canisius grad would figure it out.

id prefer to figure out to block him then engage with him.

Edited by TheCommish

2 minutes ago, RapidsFan said:

jqburJG.png

?? Not sure if you're incorrectly implying that's me, but I've met plenty of people on this board in person.

I was just pointing out how ridiculous your suggested unqualified, arm's reach hires were in light of you complaining about Lembo hiring people he's familiar with.

6 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Let's dox everyone!!!!!!!!!!! No more being known by silly little screen names lol 

I am good with that. I would have no problem standing by my UB Bulls post. But the condition is let’s open access to UB donors private meetings on YouTube get them out of the shadows hiding. Because I think they are the main problem why UB Bulls fans have seen poor management and sports decisions making when it comes to the hiring process of these head coaches. The UB athletics director is a puppet for these fools cheap ness. The biggest problem with UB athletics is a penny wise and a pound foolish. St Bonaventure Bonnies after the Iron men core 5 left with Kyle Lofton two years ago. St Bonaventure basketball and UB basketball were even starting over the retooling process. Two years later now look at the two programs? It tells you everything you need to know that UB basketball is run by a lot of incompetent fools. Hoping and wishing that George Halcovage is going to turn into a great basketball coach is ridiculous considering that the coach is on a basketball level of reading how to books on basketball at the local library.

UB Bulls basketball is doomed until George Halcovage is fired. My brother in law who came over agrees UB hired a coach that clearly doesn’t know what he is doing and should never have been hired in the first place. Then we were throwing out all time worst coaches in the history of Buffalo sports and where George Halcovage would rank some of the names we came up with Jim Ward, Ralph Krueger, Ron Rolston, Jim Ringo, Tates Locke, Dick Jauron, Hank Bullough. I said to him if Bobby Hurley becomes available UB should hire him and he said that UB wouldn’t want to pay him. Would be better off hiring Reggie Witherspoon back over George Halcovage if money is so tight at UB. Doxing fans because some UB fans can’t handle the truth isn’t solving the problem the secrets already out around Western New York that George Halcovage can’t coach. Again dox everyone but only when these foolish control freaks making the money decisions at UB the UB donors open up the access to all UB fans these meetings then by all means dox everyone. Because I think if these UB donors got the light shined on them instead of well planned UB ribbon cuttings it might open people’s eyes of just what the heck is going on with UB basketball. I don’t put all the blame on UB AD Mark Alnutt because I think he is a puppet for these UB donors hiding in the dark shadows letting Mark Alnutt take all the blame for there cheapness. The UB donors are the real problem with having power because of their business success but having not a clue when it comes to hiring coaches and making sports decisions for UB athletics in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up

32 minutes ago, UB Horns Up said:

I am good with that. I would have no problem standing by my UB Bulls post. But the condition is let’s open access to UB donors private meetings on YouTube get them out of the shadows hiding. Because I think they are the main problem why UB Bulls fans have seen poor management and sports decisions making when it comes to the hiring process of these head coaches. The UB athletics director is a puppet for these fools cheap ness. The biggest problem with UB athletics is a penny wise and a pound foolish. St Bonaventure Bonnies after the Iron men core 5 left with Kyle Lofton two years ago. St Bonaventure basketball and UB basketball were even starting over the retooling process. Two years later now look at the two programs? It tells you everything you need to know that UB basketball is run by a lot of incompetent fools. Hoping and wishing that George Halcovage is going to turn into a great basketball coach is ridiculous considering that the coach is on a basketball level of reading how to books on basketball at the local library.

UB Bulls basketball is doomed until George Halcovage is fired. My brother in law who came over agrees UB hired a coach that clearly doesn’t know what he is doing and should never have been hired in the first place. Then we were throwing out all time worst coaches in the history of Buffalo sports and where George Halcovage would rank some of the names we came up with Jim Ward, Ralph Krueger, Ron Rolston, Jim Ringo, Tates Locke, Dick Jauron, Hank Bullough. I said to him if Bobby Hurley becomes available UB should hire him and he said that UB wouldn’t want to pay him. Would be better off hiring Reggie Witherspoon back over George Halcovage if money is so tight at UB. Doxing fans because some UB fans can’t handle the truth isn’t solving the problem the secrets already out around Western New York that George Halcovage can’t coach. Again dox everyone but only when these foolish control freaks making the money decisions at UB the UB donors open up the access to all UB fans these meetings then by all means dox everyone. Because I think if these UB donors got the light shined on them instead of well planned UB ribbon cuttings it might open people’s eyes of just what the heck is going on with UB basketball. I don’t put all the blame on UB AD Mark Alnutt because I think he is a puppet for these UB donors hiding in the dark shadows letting Mark Alnutt take all the blame for there cheapness. The UB donors are the real problem with having power because of their business success but having not a clue when it comes to hiring coaches and making sports decisions for UB athletics in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I don’t disagree. The donors need to go all in on NIL. Doesn’t matter who the coach is.

I don’t think Hurley and oats would be able to keep their players without nil. The game has changed so much in 12 months. Sure, you can say, people would have stepped up, etc if oats was here but they should have kept him until one of the Michigan jobs opens up. Bama doesn’t make a lot of sense. I firmly believe he will be coaching in Ann Arbor in two months. 

we have zero shot at being competitive in football beyond one year yo-yos due to nil. I personally know of a running back that transferred to a power 5 that is offered 250k for next year. Thats life changing money imo.

Edited by TheCommish

6 hours ago, TheCommish said:

I don’t disagree. The donors need to go all in on NIL. Doesn’t matter who the coach is.

I don’t think Hurley and oats would be able to keep their players without nil. The game has changed so much in 12 months. Sure, you can say, people would have stepped up, etc if oats was here but they should have kept him until one of the Michigan jobs opens up. Bama doesn’t make a lot of sense. I firmly believe he will be coaching in Ann Arbor in two months. 

we have zero shot at being competitive in football beyond one year yo-yos due to nil. I personally know of a running back that transferred to a power 5 that is offered 250k for next year. Thats life changing money imo.

Disagree. We’re not trying to beat Alabama for kids. We should be able to compete with Akron, Ball State and even Toledo. 

18 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Disagree. We’re not trying to beat Alabama for kids. We should be able to compete with Akron, Ball State and even Toledo. 

We should be #1 in the MAC, there’s no reason we’re not dominating every sport. I can’t figure out why we’re not in aac. We’re a big city. Yes, we should be in the mix for better players, wild to me, Dayton has a better basketball team than us.

38 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Because the additional revenue from the AAC will not come close to covering the additional expenses for the travel.

And that’s why ub is the way it is. It’s called investment, I could easily find a million dollars of waste on that campus that should be redirected towards athletics. Do you want me to start listing all of them?

How many employees are in different classifications and should be reclassified but won’t because they would take a $30k pay cut?

46 minutes ago, TheCommish said:

And that’s why ub is the way it is. It’s called investment, I could easily find a million dollars of waste on that campus that should be redirected towards athletics. Do you want me to start listing all of them?

How many employees are in different classifications and should be reclassified but won’t because they would take a $30k pay cut?

Do you think the overall fan and student athlete experience would be better playing schools like UTSA and North Texas over Central Michigan and Toledo? Our academic profile fits better with the AAC but that isn't the only reason schools join conferences.

32 minutes ago, rma said:

Our academic profile fits better with the AAC but that isn't the only reason schools join conferences.

We would be going from the best academic institution in the MAC, to probably best in the AAC.  Rice is an AAU school, and the only school that would be close to UB in academics.  The rest of the full members (not counting Army and Navy) are no different than the bulk of the MAC.

1 hour ago, TheCommish said:

Giving random employees $30k pay cuts is not good for the local community. We should be able to fund a great basketball team without hurting employees.

20 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

We would be going from the best academic institution in the MAC, to probably best in the AAC.  Rice is an AAU school, and the only school that would be close to UB in academics.  The rest of the full members (not counting Army and Navy) are no different than the bulk of the MAC.

UB, USF, Temple, and Tulane are all more or less the same in most academic rankings. UAB is the only AAC school that does more annual research (in terms of $) than UB but their academics are ranked lower.

In the MAC it's UB 1, Miami 2, then a bunch of schools that are not selective at all and are bleeding enrollment.

I'm with you that the AAC isn't attractive but they actually have some schools that have some level of selectivity, compared to the MAC where our 25th percentile of standardized test scores is multiple other schools' 75th percentile.

• Like 1

By cutting instructional staff salaries $5000 across the board, and funneling the proceeds to the Athletic department, UB paradoxically enhances its comprehensive reputation. This would initially fund $12.5 million. Successful college football and basketball programs are viewed by many teenagers as equaling personal success. Think what that money could do for the Bulls. A frenzy ensues, with more competitive students trying to get admitted. Does the local economy suffer? No. The 2500 or so professors are out a little, but it’s matched by increased earnings for athletic staff - the heart of academia. Everybody loves a winner. It’s time to join in the pursuit of a permanent win-win proposition.

1 hour ago, squire17 said:

By cutting instructional staff salaries $5000 across the board, and funneling the proceeds to the Athletic department, UB paradoxically enhances its comprehensive reputation.

Hoping this is all sarcastic, but a lot of (most?) UB employees are part of a contract that's collectively bargained.

And it's absolutely a bad idea and terrible optics.

increased earnings for athletic staff - the heart of academia.

ah ok point taken

Edited by rma
  • Like 1

Successful college football and basketball programs are viewed by many teenagers as equaling personal success. Think what that money could do for the Bulls.

The current students are getting nickel and dimed by the school and the administration treats them poorly. Students see the football stadium as a giant "fuck you" monument on a campus that's heavily isolated.

Of course the alumni who never had to worry about money are wondering why everybody doesn't have "school spirit".

One of UB's least self-aware employees was crying about it 46 years ago.

Guess who...

6MRmHER.png

Edited by RapidsFan

4 hours ago, yussi1870 said:

Giving random employees $30k pay cuts is not good for the local community. We should be able to fund a great basketball team without hurting employees.

It was one example. UB paid 9,229,427 in 2022 in adjunct salaries, guess how many were replacing someone on sabbatical? You don't think we could use half of that towards athletics?

Edited by TheCommish

1 hour ago, RapidsFan said:

The current students are getting nickel and dimed by the school and the administration treats them poorly. Students see the football stadium as a giant "fuck you" monument on a campus that's heavily isolated.

Of course the alumni who never had to worry about money are wondering why everybody doesn't have "school spirit".

One of UB's least self-aware employees was crying about it 46 years ago.

Guess who...

6MRmHER.png

I am not an employee of UB. Remember the B in UB is for Buffalo not Brooklyn.

17 minutes ago, RapidsFan said:

Remember when you started a campaign to have Brooklyn sports news published in The Spectrum because you were too lazy to haul your ass to the library and read the New York Times...

39dcBUw.png

I have no idea what your fascination with me is about and why you are posting things from 40+ years ago in The Spectrum.  You are right, I never did go to the library for The New York Times.  I went to the Library to go drinking.  I paid for a subscription and picked it up every day in the bookstore.  However, at the time of this letter, I believe that I would not have been buying The New York Times because if it was being published, it was published with scabs as the Writers' Guild was on strike that summer and fall.

Let me give you a lesson in analysis.  The letter was not a call for The Spectrum to run stories on sports from New York City.  It was in response to prior letters submitted to The Spectrum complaining after an article about New York City sports, about the Yankees, if I remember correctly and the hypocrisy of the prior letter writers who did not complain about an article that was published the prior year, nor an article at the same time about Lou Piccone.

By the way I also submitted two Quotes of the Day to The Spectrum.  One was from Al McGuire, "The best thing about a freshman is that he becomes a sophomore."  The other was from Fred Flintstone, "The problem with people is that they do not have enough fun in their life and not enough life in their fun."

Stop posting about me and my family.  I have posted nothing about who you are, let alone about your family, nor have I done anything to you, except asking you to report about a turnover in a Rapids game.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...