Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB @ Akron | 1/12 7pm | CBS Sports Network

(Still new to the board, can anyone make game day threads or is it limited to mods/select few? Apologies if I jumped the gun on this one)

This is going to be a disaster of a game. We don't have any answer for Enrique Freeman or Ali x2.

Freeman last year against us went for 18, 21, and 19. Jack fouled out of the MAC QF game in only 6 minutes of playing time. Jo and Zaakir are going to have their hands full. If we can find a way to put Freeman or Ali in foul trouble early forcing Tribble to be more of Akron's offensive focal point... then maybe we'll at least cover the ~17 point spread?

Prove me wrong and win.

Go Bulls 🤘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, eyjee said:

(Still new to the board, can anyone make game day threads or is it limited to mods/select few? Apologies if I jumped the gun on this one)

This is going to be a disaster of a game. We don't have any answer for Enrique Freeman or Ali x2.

Freeman last year against us went for 18, 21, and 19. Jack fouled out of the MAC QF game in only 6 minutes of playing time. Jo and Zaakir are going to have their hands full. If we can find a way to put Freeman or Ali in foul trouble early forcing Tribble to be more of Akron's offensive focal point... then maybe we'll at least cover the ~17 point spread?

Prove me wrong and win.

Go Bulls 🤘

These days if a game thread gets posted before warm-ups, it's an accomplishment 😂 Appreciate it

• Like 1

I have moved some things around to be in Akron tonight as the best in the MAC take on the bottom-dwellers.  

I have seen the Bulls at several MAC venues, but a visit to Akron is always interesting.   The Zips get on runs and can get 13 points in 3 minutes to blow open a game.  

It would be easy to say the Zips will look past the Bulls, but UB have not been fast starters.  I think it starts bad, gets worse, then we get some garbage time run.  

I sort of think a 93-61 score here.  

I am keen to watch how the coach and players handle the situation and any signs of growth or development from either.  

I will still be rooting for my Bulls, even down 30 with 4 to play!   

Go Bulls. 

17 minutes ago, UB92 said:

I have moved some things around to be in Akron tonight as the best in the MAC take on the bottom-dwellers.  

I have seen the Bulls at several MAC venues, but a visit to Akron is always interesting.   The Zips get on runs and can get 13 points in 3 minutes to blow open a game.  

It would be easy to say the Zips will look past the Bulls, but UB have not been fast starters.  I think it starts bad, gets worse, then we get some garbage time run.  

I am keen to watch how the coach and players handle the situation and any signs of growth or development from either.  

Go Bulls. 

Your prediction seems accurate. Hopefully we're both way, way off as that's the only way we can get a W tonight.

1 hour ago, UB92 said:

Go Bulls. 

My prediction is more 85 - 65.  I am hoping the team finds a way to defend better than the last two games.  We have seen before where this team doesn't quit and they hadve made final score closer than it really was.  I wouldn't be surprised - if final margin close to 10 points, still on the losing end.  

16 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

My prediction is more 85 - 65.  I am hoping the team finds a way to defend better than the last two games.  We have seen before where this team doesn't quit and they hadve made final score closer than it really was.  I wouldn't be surprised - if final margin close to 10 points, still on the losing end.  

I would take a ten point lose after a close game. 

44 minutes ago, UB92 said:

I would take a ten point lose after a close game. 

Likely it means nothing, but this team has played much better on the road.  Below is a plot of the point margin in each road game vs opponent rank.  The fitted result would be a 10 point loss to Akron based on UB's road results this year. However, more likely, fall behind big and then narrow the margin down.  Based on their road performance,  this team would be favored vs any team ranked roughly 190 or higher.  Maybe there is hope yet? Ok I will go take my meds now!

image.png.23b69e6bb5ecb612f20d03f3845d79b2.png

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 1

I have a feeling the Zips will take glee in blowing our doors off tonight. Whatever happens, I do enjoy watching Freeman and his insane energy in grabbing seemingly every rebound.  Trying to find positives anywhere I can this season, even if it means admiring/envying what other teams have that we don’t 😂

Go Bulls! 🤘

I almost forgot how annoying Tribble is. For Freeman, he is a dying breed. A former walk-on, turns himself into not only All-MAC but nationally recognized, all while staying at one mid-major school. Won't happen much for the next several years anyway.

9 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

CBS has made watching away from your home wifi impossible 

Why can’t all the games be on ESPN? It sucks that you have to subscribe to ESPN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, PEACOCK, PRIME, and all the other grifters which I’m forgetting, just to watch the only thing worth watching, because all the other programming is God Awful SHIT!

24 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

CBS has made watching away from your home wifi impossible 

Download the cbs sports app and login using your cable credentials and you can watch whatever sports are on cbs sports

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Why can’t all the games be on ESPN? It sucks that you have to subscribe to ESPN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, PEACOCK, PRIME, and all the other grifters which I’m forgetting, just to watch the only thing worth watching, because all the other programming is God Awful SHIT!

Maybe one day someone will get smart and bundle all these apps into one

These guys are playing their hearts out, I will give them that. The downside is, we are playing great, Akron isn't, yet we are still scrambling to even be tied. Hopefully they can at least keep playing tough in the second half.

On a side note - Groce looks like the Dean from the TV show Community.

• Like 1

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

Download the cbs sports app and login using your cable credentials and you can watch whatever sports are on cbs sports

I've done that and the app tells me it's not a part of my package, when I researched this it's an issue that CBS blames on the cable and cable company blames on CBS but it's because the CBS app is reading that I'm not at "home" 

Just now, Tee4three said:

Maybe one day someone will get smart and bundle all these apps into one

Won’t ever happen. Companies are too greedy. What you’re likely to see is content licensed out to other platforms. And/or mergers. ESPN buying the nfl network is an example.