Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

NIT Bid

Kevin

Playing in the post season would be huge to show that ub is still a top mid major program

And if duke doesn't make the NCAA tournament but plays in the NIT, coach k will look like a fool after he ended non conference play and spoke about how this season shouldn't be played at all

Utah St supposedly could be the 4th team from MWC. I don’t get it they got destroyed by VCU early. Colorado St and Boise St haven’t played anyone. The BE is probably getting 4 teams. The MWC is ranked just above the MAC. 

Edited by squire17

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

UB is currently the last spot in. For those keep track at home. Seem to be playing for the NIT as a reserve option today.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 3.34.45 PM.png

Ok one question tho...will the NIT committee take UB over Indiana? I don’t think so. Indiana equals money. 

Edited by DooleyBull06
Typo

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Ok one question tho...will the NIT committee take UB over Indiana? I don’t think so. Indians equals money. 

It sucks this is year its reduced to 16, but most of that would have been auto bids anyways. Though, really only the 5 seeds are "at large" but under the old format, we would have for sure made it in my opinion. 

I don't think many do, but they are 12-15 and over a 16-8 team might be much harder. 

Edited by Kevin

11 minutes ago, Kevin said:

It sucks this is year its reduced to 16, but most of that would have been auto bids anyways. Though, really only the 5 seeds are "at large" but under the old format, we would have for sure made it in my opinion. 

I don't think many do, but they are 12-15 and over a 16-8 team might be much harder. 

I agree under the old format we would have a better shot. But I just think that the NIT is gonna go where the money is. And that’s take every big name school not in the big dance, including Duke. Especially bc it’s being held in Texas where places can pack at 100% capacity. Unless there’s a .500 record rule? 

Edited by DooleyBull06

8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I agree under the old format we would have a better shot. But I just think that the NIT is gonna go where the money is. And that’s take every big name school not in the big dance, including Duke. Especially bc it’s being held in Texas where places can pack at 100% capacity. Unless there’s a .500 record rule? 

We will see if some of the P5 decline though, too. 

I'm not sure they would take Richmond, LA Tech, or Belmont ahead of UB either.