Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Championship-Ohio

UB85

Keep celebrating tonight’s win. But time for me at least to look at the biggie tomorrow night. 

Did you know this will be UB’s fourth appearance in the last five MAC title games? Okay we all probably know that. But what can we draw or learn from those appearances? Did you know that Jayvon has played in two title games during that span? Perhaps. But the lesson he is 2-2. He’ll be 3-3 after tomorrow night. Take it to the bank!

Let’s effing go!!!

Go Bulls!

PS I’ll be back tomorrow with my guru’s prediction. 

Brock, Fagan, Bivens, Graves, Williams and Segu all have rings.  And we know they want more.  The way Segu and Williams have grown in this tournament has been special.  Credit to Graves for taking a step back and allowing that to happen.  He could've big footed them and said I'm the senior but in taking a step back and becoming the 3rd or 4th option he increased his defense, rebounding and assist numbers. We will need one more team effort tomorrow.  Ohio has a deep roster and talented pieces.  And tomorrow we will get their best shot.  Can't wait.

9 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Keep celebrating tonight’s win. But time for me at least to look at the biggie tomorrow night. 

Did you know this will be UB’s fourth appearance in the last five MAC title games? Okay we all probably know that. But what can we draw or learn from those appearances? Did you know that Jayvon has played in two title games during that span? Perhaps. But the lesson he is 2-2. He’ll be 3-3 after tomorrow night. Take it to the bank!

Let’s effing go!!!

Go Bulls!

PS I’ll be back tomorrow with my guru’s prediction. 

Isn't it 5 out of 6? Won 2, kent won 1, won 2 (nothing last year) and in game tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

What were the crowds like?  How was it in the stands?

10 minutes ago, Eagle66 said:

Ohio fan here. I was at the games tonight.  That was a fun one watching you guys beat the Zips. Good luck tomorrow... but not too much haha

Welcome back from the wilderness. Always a pleasure beating them don’t you think? 👍👍

41 minutes ago, Eagle66 said:

Ohio fan here. I was at the games tonight.  That was a fun one watching you guys beat the Zips. Good luck tomorrow... but not too much haha

Welcome to the boards. Good luck to your guys tomorrow. I hope it's a good game!

Just now, UB85 said:

You better hope the good guys are. He’s had some great games against us. 

Whenever he’s hitting his 3s we struggle. It’ll be interesting to see if they can hold him to another poor 3 point outing like last game 

46 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Whenever he’s hitting his 3s we struggle. It’ll be interesting to see if they can hold him to another poor 3 point outing like last game 

He’s got great footwork inside too. He’s a tough match up. Gotta stay out of foul trouble. And as you point out he’s got the three ball as Ohio has a great sense of when to kick it out for the open 3. 

Ohio presents some mismatch issues for us. Who guards Preston? He’s 4-5 inches taller than Rondo. Who covers Vander Plas? He can play inside and out. Mballa has a tough matchup with Wilson. Tough matchups all around. Ohio was my biggest fear as there was a time it looked like they would be our first round matchup. Time to face that fear. If we continue to rebound and defend the perimeter we can get this done. 

Update: We open as a 2 point favorite 

Edited by DooleyBull06
Update

8 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

What were the crowds like?  How was it in the stands?

It honestly felt a lot like the early session quarter finals do in a normal year. Seemed like there was about 2500ish people.  They limited it to between 6 and 8 people per row, basically one pod of 2 on each aisle and a pod of 2 or 4 in the middle. They also only seated people in the even numbered rows. I didn’t see a ton of blue, but those that were made some pretty good noise at the end.

I agree that the matchups will be tough both ways. So many intriguing matchups... Mballa vs Wilson, McDay vs Graves (the battle for St. V), VanderPlas vs Hardnett. I have a feeling the team that stays out of foul trouble will be dancing tonight. It should be a fun one.  Hope some of you can make the trip.

• Like 1

Great win against Akron.  At times gut wrenching - as in any game so many missed shots.   There is so many positive things to say to get our win tonight.  Two big areas to improve in order for us to win:

-please make foul shots

- Mballa do not dribble the ball under the basket, just go up withe ball

This will be a great game - go Bulls 

50 minutes ago, UB92 said:

What are the sections for UB fans?   Thinking of taking the trip.  

Please go and rep for those of us who can’t make it.

15 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

I am also on board for Bivens and Fagan leading us to a trophy with a combined 50.

Hahaha if that happens then all it means is that we will have crushed Ohio, so I’m down for that.

4 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

So as far as I am can figure - you get 10 reactions - saving them for tonight in hopes that there are a lot of likes I have to dish out! Maybe another hit song from Whitesell tonight - hoping a certain song from Queen? 😉

Haha def saving the reactions for tonight. Positive vibes hopefully all likes.