Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Championship-Ohio

UB85

I remember the 2005 MAC Championship when Buffalo had a 20 point lead at the half (I think).  Ohio got back in that game by pressing on each Buffalo possession.  Witherspoon hadn't prepared for that apparently.  Maybe we can press the 2nd half but Whitesell is just slightly higher energy than Witherspoon.

Just now, Kevin said:

The Iso offense has been a problem all season, but when they get the defense, they can hedge their bet. 

The defense is not there. 

Thats a good point, half court offense has been bad 

So what can we do to get the pace up?

Id like to see some press

2 minutes ago, Erie County said:

There is 0.5% chance they even get it to single digits, let alone come back. 

I have to say lesser men would agree with you. I’ve been on teams that have gotten behind and some have displayed a defeatists attitude and stopped playing hard. You have be strong mentally and never give up. You get kicked down. Get your ass back up! Show some fight. Punch them back. Will see what type of character these guys have in the second half. At this point I don’t give a hoot if they lose. I want them to display a winners attitude. We’ll see if they’re any leaders on this team shortly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Terrible defense from beginning to end.  How can Preston be so wide open?!  No game plan on either end.  Too many breakdowns to list.  Only question now is do we have the heart to make it a game.  Ohio can't miss.  Shooting over 50% killing it on 3s and out rebounding us. At this point play the starting 5 until this is over.  Any comeback has to start defensively.  We might have run into a buzzsaw

They had a stretch for about 10 minutes that was very good. Unfortunately the early and late parts of the half were horrible. The point is they can do it. But they’ve got to be a whole lot better in offense an no more dumb arse plays and turnovers 

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

The answer for the comeback is to put Brewton in.  I mean seriously, he went to a guy who hadn't played since January. At a point where defense mattered.  

Hey, his shot hit the bottom of the backboard at least!

5 minutes ago, UBFAN2001 said:

I remember the 2005 MAC Championship when Buffalo had a 20 point lead at the half (I think).  Ohio got back in that game by pressing on each Buffalo possession.  Witherspoon hadn't prepared for that apparently.  Maybe we can press the 2nd half but Whitesell is just slightly higher energy than Witherspoon.

Reggie sat in the sidelines like he was frozen. He failed to call any time outs to break their momentum. Just a terrible coaching job. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

The offense is just iso's what happened to the cutting and ball movement 

This is the truth.  It is like we don’t run plays.  It is “iso”...take a tough shot...get the rebound when it misses (or run back on defense because of a turnover).  It isn’t basketball that is fun to watch.  It is really, really hard to watch/enjoy this brand of basketball.  I guess it works when you have Mballa and Williams, but when they plug the middle and it still happens, it is insane. 

• Like 1