Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Aaron Estrada Guard Oregon Transfer

Bill

19 minutes ago, HomeyG said:

What would he bring to UB? Not being snarky I don’t know

He was Third team all MAAC his freshman year at St. Peters. Averaged 8 PPG, 2 RBG and 2 APG. Was also the MAAC rookie of the year. Seems like he would be a good get. 

2 hours ago, HomeyG said:

What would he bring to UB? Not being snarky I don’t know

I saw him play while at Siena, kid was definitely the best player for St Peter’s. He didn’t take many shots but made some great plays definitely and offensively. I forgot his stats for the end of the game but he has a clean shooting stroke and was a pest defensively. I believe he’d be a great get for us

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

Please someone correct me if this is wrong but are players who have already transferred required to sit out? 

From what I’ve seen, yes. They can apply for a waiver to play immediately still. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UB05 said:

How were we possibly in on him? It wasn’t plastered all over social media. I don’t understand 

Oh you didn't know? His code name is No One - PG University of Nowheresville. This is actually the second thread about him.

10 hours ago, SGBull said:

Oh you didn't know? His code name is No One - PG University of Nowheresville. This is actually the second thread about him.

This prospect did seemingly come from Nowheresville!  😉  No mention and then, bam, final 4.   I don't know if this means not to get hopes up.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

This prospect did seemingly come from Nowheresville!  😉  No mention and then, bam, final 4.   I don't know if this means not to get hopes up.

We were in on him when the coaching staff had their feet up drinking a bunch of coffee ‘not recruiting’. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

I’d like to grab him but it seems like Hofstra and St John’s are the top choices for him, they’re closer to home

I have now found sources saying Bona and St. John’s are no longer recruiting him, we’ll just have to see

Finding it hard to believe that the Nowheresville chirps crowd still can't differentiate between fans a bit frustrated who enjoy following a top 75 program on a deeper level, which includes recruiting news and rumors (like every other program), versus the small number of people (trolls?) who actually believe that no news means the staff isn't working behind the scenes. But alas...

Not wild about picking up Estrada based on stats and pedigree, but admittedly I don't know anything else about him. Could be a good depth add and maybe more?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disagree. MAAC FOY is nothing to sneeze at. Former 3 star recruit. Last year final three were Cuse, Creighton, and Oregon. Big bodied guard, pretty good shooter (2019-20, when he actually had enough volume to measure). If he has three years left then sign me up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I'm a serial MAAC disrespecter, so guilty as charged. Thanks for the added perspective - maybe he'll end up a good add after all.

Jalen Pickett, Asante Gist, KC Ndefo are all great MAAC players who can play at the major level. The maac produces a lot of good sleeper players

Didn't really want to create a new thread for this, but here's a scholarship chart I've been using to keep track of what we still have available, with my assumptions that Fagan is returning and Zachery is still on scholarship:
image.thumb.png.f47dce755cf72c0be65eb24e7b735d35.png

If we are in on Estrada and/or Blocker still it looks like we would be taking advantage of the bonus scholarships for COVID year seniors with us already sitting at 13 scholarships.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Didn't really want to create a new thread for this, but here's a scholarship chart I've been using to keep track of what we still have available, with my assumptions that Fagan is returning and Zachery is still on scholarship:
image.thumb.png.f47dce755cf72c0be65eb24e7b735d35.png

If we are in on Estrada and/or Blocker still it looks like we would be taking advantage of the bonus scholarships for COVID year seniors with us already sitting at 13 scholarships.

From everything I've seen, Curtis Jones would be a freshman this coming year right? 

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Finding it hard to believe that the Nowheresville chirps crowd still can't differentiate between fans a bit frustrated who enjoy following a top 75 program on a deeper level, which includes recruiting news and rumors (like every other program), versus the small number of people (trolls?) who actually believe that no news means the staff isn't working behind the scenes. But alas...

Not wild about picking up Estrada based on stats and pedigree, but admittedly I don't know anything else about him. Could be a good depth add and maybe more?

Who said we can't differentiate? Maybe it is just fun to make fun of the trolls

24 minutes ago, ub2019 said:

From everything I've seen, Curtis Jones would be a freshman this coming year right? 

No he just played his freshman year in JUCO so he will be a sophomore, but like the kids at D1 schools, it didn't count against his eligibility.  He very well may be planning to play all 4 of his eligible years here, but I would imagine he's on track to graduate in 2024.  Then he would have a choice to make about '24-'25 like Brock did this year.  It's more or less semantics, but without the precedent I notated the COVID years differently since we don't know what percentage of kids will take the extra year/if they will stay at the same school.  My gut says younger kids, and kids that may not be pros will probably use it but the Mballa/Williams/Segus that were planning on making money professionally soon will not use it.

Edited by trueblue32