Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Le Moyne @ #17 UB - (12/05 - 7:00pm ET)

Jeseph

8 minutes ago, rma said:

Anything below 5k attendance will be disappointing. No Sabres game. No excuses. Students are on campus. Get this W and prepare for Bona. 

A game against Lemoyne just isn't going to bring people out. If there is 4k there Im not going to say the sky is falling. Some people Ive talked to aren't sure if this is some kind of scrimmage to be honest... I would have preferred UB scheduling a lower D1 school or maybe this was the spot NU could have snuck into the schedule.

Either way Im excited to see them hopefully put up a big number and have some fun watching the team with #17 next to their name.

56 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

A game against Lemoyne just isn't going to bring people out. If there is 4k there Im not going to say the sky is falling. Some people Ive talked to aren't sure if this is some kind of scrimmage to be honest... I would have preferred UB scheduling a lower D1 school or maybe this was the spot NU could have snuck into the schedule.

Either way Im excited to see them hopefully put up a big number and have some fun watching the team with #17 next to their name.

Lemoyne is a better than a lot of bottom D1 teams.  Massey ratings has them ranked higher than the likes of Norfolk State, Monmouth, and Binghamton.  

Would we expect people not to show up for those teams?  Either people are going to just show up because Buffalo is ranked and winning, or we need to start scheduling home games that matter.  

This will be the test.  If winning alone will draw fans then expect a sell out. 

• Jeseph pinned this topic
1 hour ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Lemoyne is a better than a lot of bottom D1 teams.  Massey ratings has them ranked higher than the likes of Norfolk State, Monmouth, and Binghamton.  

Would we expect people not to show up for those teams?  Either people are going to just show up because Buffalo is ranked and winning, or we need to start scheduling home games that matter.  

Lemoyne being a D11 team not even sure it counts in the standings?? There was an excellent piece in the early part of the season about teams like UB when they become successful having a hard time scheduling home games against better D1 teams. They talked to many coaches including Nate about scheduling teams and the reasons behind it. Wonder if anyone can come up with the article. You would think with all the  conferences thru out the country UB should be able to find competitive teams. At any rate here’s  hoping because of UB’s success more people show up to see this team in spite of who they are playing. Go Bulls!!!!

4 minutes ago, John said:

There was an excellent piece in the early part of the season about teams like UB when they become successful having a hard time scheduling home games against better D1 teams. They talked to many coaches including Nate about scheduling teams and the reasons behind it. Wonder if anyone can come up with the article.

Originally shared by @cheese_66 https://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2018/10/syracuse_pays_basketball_opponents_to_hopefully_lose_how_buy_games_work.html

5 minutes ago, John said:

Lemoyne being a D11 team not even sure it counts in the standings?? There was an excellent piece in the early part of the season about teams like UB when they become successful having a hard time scheduling home games against better D1 teams. They talked to many coaches including Nate about scheduling teams and the reasons behind it. Wonder if anyone can come up with the article. You would think with all the  conferences thru out the country UB should be able to find competitive teams. At any rate here’s  hoping because of UB’s success more people show up to see this team in spite of who they are playing. Go Bulls!!!!

You have to remember two things when trying to get home games.

1. It costs less for UB to buy a non-DI team.

2. The game does not count in UB's NET Rankings, or in the past the RPI.  So Buffalo is better of playing this game, than saying a MEAC team with a 300+ NET rankings.. it will only drop them in those lists.

2 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Thanks Joseph and BullBoy I do agree. No matter who they are playing our family will be there. This is an exciting time for UB sports and we should appreciate these players who be gone next year. Already getting our group together for our March Cleveland trip. Go Bulls!!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Buffalo is paying more for buy games than MAC teams have to pay.  That means no one wants to play them.  

The fact that Buffalo is playing $70k+ to get teams like St Francis PA and Delaware State just shows how much they struggle to get teams to come to Buffalo.

Man...we have a lot of discussions on a variety of threads (and over the years) about student attendance, local attendance, attendance in general, etc., etc.

Having discussions about attendance every now and then...probably useful.  But I think it is a bit of overkill.

I think we will have a great crowd tomorrow. Oats was on Bucky and Sully this morning saying that he is still feeling the effects of the jet lag. Hoping that doesn't translate to the players tomorrow. 

Syracuse crushed Le Moyne this year. I am thinking the same will happen for the Bulls. Would like to see a lot of minutes from the freshman and new players. Use Perkins, Massinburg, Jordan sparingly. I want Harris and Graves out there to start getting the rhythm for their threes

Looking forward to it! Doors open an hour before and you can grab a cold beer!

Edited by BullsFan14

21 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Do we know if they are better than Daemen? 

On 12/4/2018 at 11:28 AM, BullsFan14 said:

I think we will have a great crowd tomorrow. Oats was on Bucky and Sully this morning saying that he is still feeling the effects of the jet lag. Hoping that doesn't translate to the players tomorrow. 

Syracuse crushed Le Moyne this year. I am thinking the same will happen for the Bulls. Would like to see a lot of minutes from the freshman and new players. Use Perkins, Massinburg, Jordan sparingly. I want Harris and Graves out there to start getting the rhythm for their threes

Looking forward to it! Doors open an hour before and you can grab a cold beer!

Is this the first game since they announced having beer?