Chet

4 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Should create a list of things that picking up the defense full court does

1. Increase effort/energy/focus/communication

2. Forces ub to use more of the bench

3. Tires out other teams point guard forcing them deeper into their bench

4. Gets the game to be played at a pace ub is much more comfortable at 

What else am I missing 

Turns up our rebounding efforts as well by the looks.

• Like 2

Good all around game for a full 40 minutes especially on the defensive end. Nice game for JW and encouraging to see Jones continue to hit some shots as his confidence grows. Fagan also had a solid game. Much better ball movement overall with 17 assists on 26 baskets. Would like to see a little higher shooting % as a team, but nice to get a little easier win for a change. Let’s keep it rolling! Go Bulls!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Mballa has had a rough day. All of his fouls were cheap and/or lazy. The turnovers speak for themselves.

Agree. He is the biggest disappointment. His effort and intensity he showed last year gave us the opinion he was only going to improve in all areas of his game. What a waste of talent and I would guess his NBA career expectations are over but I guess he can play overseas and make a nice living. Go Bulls!!!

13 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Good all around game for a full 40 minutes especially on the defensive end. Nice game for JW and encouraging to see Jones continue to hit some shots as his confidence grows. Fagan also had a solid game. Much better ball movement overall with 17 assists on 26 baskets. Would like to see a little higher shooting % as a team, but nice to get a little easier win for a change. Let’s keep it rolling! Go Bulls!!

My only nitpick is turnover. 17 is way too many. Gotta tighten that up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

6 of those were bonehead plays that were supposed to be a dramatic instagram post.

Did Hardnett get hurt again? He only played 11 minutes. Are any of the players going to be on their social networks showing any of their bonehead turnovers?? Overall a good win against a bad CMU team and hope kthey can show some energy and intensity in front of their home crowd. Go Bulls!!!

5 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Every post is trying to dunk on people who dislike the coach as someone else said. Glad they beat the 323rd ranked team, its a step in the right direction (not being sarcastic as they couldn't beat Canisius or Miami). As we said, they aren't even top 4 in the conference by 3 games. They have a lot of work to do against these bottom feeders. 

Most posts seem to be glad the team won and played a fairly solid game.  I agree they have dug themselves a hole and need to win a bunch more games, but I don't see much dunking going on.  And why not allow some leeway here, it is ok to be happy with a big road win, even if it is against a team in bottom of division I. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Most posts seem to be glad the team won and played a fairly solid game.  I agree they have dug themselves a hole and need to win a bunch more games, but I don't see much dunking going on.  And why not allow some leeway here, it is ok to be happy with a big road win, even if it is against a team in bottom of division I. 

You can only win the game in front of you.  Teams ebb and flow during a season, unless they have a $20mil budget. Even then, they struggle at times (though less often). Last year's team was .500 at this time and won nearly every game the rest of the way. Hopefully this year's squad can mirror that, with 1 extra in the end. No team in this league is unbeatable, while every team is capable of the upset (miami over us, ball st over toledo as 2 examples). This group is good enough to win a bunch down the stretch.  Here's to hoping they do!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Erie County said:

I disagree......

Is a direct knock of the posters who wish to see more than a .500 record in the 17th ranked conference in basketball. 

A road win is always nice, but this is a bottom team in the whole sport. Not the time to bring out the dunk cards. When they beat Toledo or Ohio, we can begin the told ya the coach is good posts. 

That is one post... I believe you said every post....that was my point..and I think if people are going to dish out they have to take a little of it coming back at them.

Edited by DocCas86

12 minutes ago, yussi1870 said:

Didn’t the MAC used to be the better conference? Or maybe that was years ago?

Past 10 years or so the MAC has been ranked more in the 12-16 range, and the MAAC (or the “Mock” as I lovingly call it) has usually been in the low 20’s. This year they’re bolstered by Iona ranked at 66 under Pitino, with Monmouth next at 122. MAC has Toledo (77) and Ohio (85) in the Top 100, but is dragged down by its bottom 3 in the 300’s.

2 hours ago, bulls2684 said:

I liked to see Jones get 21 minutes tonight and put up 8 points. Coach seemed to lean on him more than Brewton who played 17 minutes and only put up 3 points. Promising play out of Curtis 

Do agree, Looks like Jones is becoming more comfortable and confident. But I still don’t like his ball handling especially when he has defensive pressure. Good to see UB shooting 80% from the line at 13-16 and they showed more energy on the rebounding end. Hope we can put a winning streak together and get a better seeding for Cleveland.Still would like Skogman to get more in the offensive flow like he was when Mballa and Fagan were out. Hope they can have some offensive consistency that lasts more than one game. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John said:

Hope we can put a winning streak together and get a better seeding for Cleveland.

We should not lose a game for the rest of this month. Our toughest game is Toledo in March. We should win, of course doesn’t mean we will. But now is the time to get on a roll and string together a long win streak.

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We should not lose a game for the rest of this month. Our toughest game is Toledo in March. We should win, of course doesn’t mean we will. But now is the time to get on a roll and string together a long win streak.

Are we going to see the students and more fans come out???How about running some ticket and concession promotions??This team isn’t the teams we had under Hurley and Oats so is this administration going to earn their paychecks by promoting both the men and women?? Let’s go Buffalo!! Go Bulls!!!

Whatever Whitesell was doing while skipping shootaround must have worked. Extra film study? Maybe some time on the elliptical to get his blood pumping? Checking in on the latest posts on the board? It's unorthodox, but I expect him to be absent from most team functions the rest of the year to give us an advantage.

Wasn't able to watch the game, but it sounds like we took care of business. Curtis Jones is looking more like an off-ball guard than a PG these days? Ceaser likely gets the keys from day one next year with Jones starting next to him and spelling him some at point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Whatever Whitesell was doing while skipping shootaround must have worked. Extra film study? Maybe some time on the elliptical to get his blood pumping? Checking in on the latest posts on the board? It's unorthodox, but I expect him to be absent from most team functions the rest of the year to give us an advantage.

Wasn't able to watch the game, but it sounds like we took care of business. Curtis Jones is looking more like an off-ball guard than a PG these days? Ceaser likely gets the keys from day one next year with Jones starting next to him and spelling him some at point.

I liked the game from Jones yesterday, if he can do this consistently, it will be something to build on for Cleveland and beyond.  The upcoming stretch of games should offer opportunity for more growth.  Hope we see a return to form from Mballa and consistent contributions from Skogman. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I liked the game from Jones yesterday, if he can do this consistently, it will be something to build on for Cleveland and beyond.  The upcoming stretch of games should offer opportunity for more growth.  Hope we see a return to form from Mballa and consistent contributions from Skogman. 

No assists yesterday in 20 minutes. I hope he doesn't do that consistently. 

19 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

No assists for Jones yesterday, but his 22/12 (1.83) assist to TO ratio on the season is just a tick below Segu’s 91/44 (2.07). As a freshman he’s shown some promise as a distributor and is starting to show more promise as a scorer which would be a plus down the stretch.

Still don’t like his ball handling but he only had one turnover and two steals. Both Williams and Segu with five assists each. Mballa with another very uneven game with 4/5 turnovers along with Jack and Brewton only combined 2-8 from 3’s again. Just can’t see us winning games against the better teams like Toledo and Ohio but maybe they will prove me wrong. Go Bulls!!!

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

…  his 22/12 (1.83) assist to TO ratio on the season is just a tick below Segu’s 91/44 (2.07). As a freshman he’s shown some promise…

That is encouraging, but his assist per 40 minute average isn’t quite as close.  Personally, I don’t think it needs to be, in his first year.  Just wanted to point it out. 

Jack was hot early in the season from a shooting standpoint, hit a bit of a slump. Anyways he made it on to sports center with that insane poster. I like his compete level and overall intensity, hopefully the shots start to fall from him as the season goes on. 

as for Jones he’s been growing and improving every game. Only thing I believe he lacks is ball handling skills which he will probably develop. 

For next season I don’t see him as a starter. I have a feeling that the staff might go after a junior/senior pg transfer for the experience. Caeser looks really crafty offensively but much like Blocker he may do some sitting