Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB/NIU - Part I

UBinMD

So, of the top 5 MAC teams, only Akron (won by 6) and Toledo (won by 28) have played @NIU.  Hoping we find a way to be closer to the Toledo number as this would allow greater use of the bench and help keep starters fresher for games with Toledo and Kent.  As always bottom line come away with the win. 

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

So, of the top 5 MAC teams, only Akron (won by 6) and Toledo (won by 28) have played @NIU.  Hoping we find a way to be closer to the Toledo number as this would allow greater use of the bench and help keep starters fresher for games with Toledo and Kent.  As always bottom line come away with the win. 

NIU only 1-6 at home and being outscored in 1st half by 140 points and they are averaging 65 points per game. If we continue our momentum from the last games we should win. Go Bulls!!!

58 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

So a first half northern illinois lead is all but guaranteed now haha 

I guess all we can do is state facts and some stats and see how the game plays out.Continue to have positive vibes and optimism. After all the stats and which can or can’t mean a lot that is why they still play the game for our enjoyment I hope. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chet said:

The bench will probably play an important role in today's game. Another quick turnaround on Saturday. 

Agreed. Whitesell has had a tricky task managing minutes in this 12 day 6 game stretch. Starters played 36/36/36/35/34 last game. That's what I'm hoping for in Cleveland, but it isn't really sustainable game to game.

Let's keep pumping that record. I know an NCAA birth is the ultimate goal, but a 20-win season would be a nice consolation to have in our back pocket.

25 minutes ago, clodney said:

A "20 win season" should be renamed the "Reggie Witherspoon Special". I couldn't care less about hitting that goal and my expectations for this squad haven't changed just because the team has underperformed. Tourney or bust. 

Yeah I guess 4 20-win seasons in 14 Reggie years does make each one pretty "special." Personally, I get a lot of satisfaction watching wins in-person and on TV and 20 is a nice round number that only just recently the bare minimum standard around here. I try not to be myopic and fatalistic about things I can't control, but absolutely to each their own. My expectations are NCAAs as well.

Edited by MuchMany
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skrabukes said:

So hard to see clearly with the stupid floor. It's so dark and far away. Probably is cool in person,  but always sucks to watch on tv.

It’s cool when there is no one on it. But not cool when the players are running up and down the court.

We gotta slow this Keishawn Williams kid down.

5 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Anyone catch the new rotation? Left Rondo and Jeenathan in with three subs, then Jeenathan and Skogman. Maybe Whitesell is getting away from the "line change" strategy?

I think it was only due to the 4 or so minute stretch without a whistle. 2 guys were waiting at the table for a long time

• Like 1

Hasn't been a great start but they just need to keep playing, they will win this game

Like that the bench players are getting a bit more run in the first half

Dislike that they are brutal offensively and nothing to write home about defensively, wish they would at least see what they have in blocker in there with the second rotation 

Edited by Tee4three