Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nate Oats and Alabama

2 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

Okay there’s definitely lines to be crossed, and that’s one of them lol. I’m okay with more so trash talk on the court. This is pure classlessness. And not surprising either

Absolutely! Totally agree. This is borderline threats. Makes me wanna cheer for Akron. Game just got more interesting I’ll say that. 

2 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I don’t know if I agree with the suspensions, especially in a championship game. But man you can always count on Toledo choking and Kent being, well Kent lol

So I just read up on it. Only one player is suspended for the entire game. Everyone else just a half. Really the only player of note is Jacobs. And he’s just suspended for the first half.

On 3/12/2022 at 1:59 PM, Ivantheturrible said:

I don’t know if I agree with the suspensions, especially in a championship game. But man you can always count on Toledo choking and Kent being, well Kent lol

It should not matter if it is the first game or the championship game if these players or any players regardless of their statue on the team there has to be consequences. Responsibility and accountability are sorely lacking in today’s sports world. Again what were these kids thinking and with all the social network that is out there.

33 minutes ago, John said:

It should not matter if it is the first game or the championship game if these players or any players regardless of their statue on the team there has to be consequences. Responsibility and accountability are sorely lacking in today’s sports world. Again what were these kids thinking and with all the social network that is out there.

If it was 3 starters, they would not have been suspended. It was an easy pound of flesh. MAC can pay themselves on the back they did something. In the end, Kent got their asses handed to them. Not a great look when a tournament final game is 20+ point blowout and there were A few around the country. Vermont laid the wood to UMBC. That’s why these leagues continue to be 1 bid. 

Kent State has no one to blame but themselves. I watched the game, they came out hot. Then at the start of the second half they cut the deficit to one. Cry me a river…those players deserve to be reprimanded. You can’t do that. Plain and simple. And by that I mean have that video posted for the world to see. We all know trash talk is apart of basketball. And vulgar things are said both on the court and in the locker. But that’s where it has to stay. 

1 minute ago, UBinMD said:

Latest projection has Alabama as a 6 (seems like a seed based on potential and not recent performance). Michigan a 12, last 4 in (seems gracious). Akron a 14 against Wisconsin, which is a tough draw.

Bama gets the 6 and if they win, Nate gets to go up against Texas Tech, the team who he coached his final game against while at UB.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, John said:

Regardless of that, a suspension just seems soft. Punishment doesn’t fit the crime. I’m by no means a fan of players using social media to pat themselves on the back every time they dunk it, but crying for suspensions every time a player posts something semi “controversial” is a pretty dated mindset. This is the way it is now, and it’s not about to change. Was it stupid and classless? Sure, absolutely. Suspension worthy? No way

7 hours ago, Ivantheturrible said:

Regardless of that, a suspension just seems soft. Punishment doesn’t fit the crime. I’m by no means a fan of players using social media to pat themselves on the back every time they dunk it, but crying for suspensions every time a player posts something semi “controversial” is a pretty dated mindset. This is the way it is now, and it’s not about to change. Was it stupid and classless? Sure, absolutely. Suspension worthy? No way

Wholeheartedly disagree. Many people were brought up to be respectful of others and treat others like you would want to be treated. Sadly the culture today is the opposite. It is a sad commentary of the world today. Where is the responsibility and accountability. To say that it is the way it is now and that people of good moral fiber can’t change the wrongs is another sad commentary.  Hope springs eternal. 

1 hour ago, John said:

Wholeheartedly disagree. Many people were brought up to be respectful of others and treat others like you would want to be treated. Sadly the culture today is the opposite. It is a sad commentary of the world today. Where is the responsibility and accountability. To say that it is the way it is now and that people of good moral fiber can’t change the wrongs is another sad commentary.  Hope springs eternal. 

Sounds to me like you're saying, just because it's socially acceptable, doesn't make it right.   If that's what you're saying, I agree with you 100%

2 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Sounds to me like you're saying, just because it's socially acceptable, doesn't make it right.   If that's what you're saying, I agree with you 100%

Thank you for putting it in short and right to the point words. Go Bulls!!!

Gotta be as disappointing as UB and Bona is Tuscaloosa. UB Dancing and pulling off an upset or two is one thing. Exiting in the first round as a power conference team who was in the top 10 at one point is almost as bad as not going. Hopefully Nate can use that as motivation next year. Maybe he and Callipari can do a workshop together on motivating 5 stars to perform.

Done in the first round. This year’s team just wasn’t the same as a year ago. They lost their toughness and defense when Petty and Jones left for the nba. And their offense was pretty bad at shooting 3s. Which is pretty much their offense if they aren’t getting run outs. Nate failed to change the dna of this team this season. 

22 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Done in the first round. This year’s team just wasn’t the same as a year ago. They lost their toughness and defense when Petty and Jones left for the nba. And their offense was pretty bad at shooting 3s. Which is pretty much their offense if they aren’t getting run outs. Nate failed to change the dna of this team this season. 

Do agree Alabama lost their three players in Petty, Jones and Reese who were their heart and soul especially on defense and all the 4/5 star recruits could not make up for their loss and if you have a coach who does not or can not change how a team plays. They continued to to shoot 3’s and play a lot of one on one ball with defense not a priority and did not look like Oats could not change their mental side of the game. Even if you have all the talent in the world if you can not get them to play together as a team the results are what they are. Will see what kind of coach Oats and that coaching staff will be next year.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Well as it stands, per 247 sports, Alabama has the #3 2022 recruiting class. So, they will probably be very good.

But will they be the right players for the system? They started strong but struggled down the stretch. Hopefully for Nate they will enjoy defense and be better shooters. If not he turns into Callipari with great classes that underperform. Fortunately coaches like that always have jobs because they bring hope annually 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, UBinMD said:
Alabama guard JD Davison enters NBA draft, says he is “done with college” after one season in Tuscaloosa:

hXybLJTn?format=jpg&name=900x900

hXybLJTn?format=jpg&name=900x900

Something tells me he wasn't the kinda Blue Collar guy Nate was used to working with...

Big time Talent for sure, but no Wes or CJ,  at least not from what I saw. 

• 1 month later...