Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Search 2023 Edition

Kevin

28 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

So we have 4 (business) days until the Whitesell payout looks very stupid. We're losing valuable time with Final Four weekend networking. What are they doing?

$100k is a lot of money for the athletic department...  It takes a lot of effort to raise that much money for the program.  

3 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

$100k is a lot of money for the athletic department...  It takes a lot of effort to raise that much money for the program.  

Yea "looks very stupid" is the least of their worries with that 100k obviously

22 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

I still highly doubt we just complete cut ties and paid out that extra 100k. 

He is probably still on payroll until Monday, with that being his last official day with the university. 

I also doubt CSA is gonna get paid unless we actually use one of their recommendations. 

10 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

I still highly doubt we just complete cut ties and paid out that extra 100k. 

He is probably still on payroll until Monday, with that being his last official day with the university. 

I also doubt CSA is gonna get paid unless we actually use one of their recommendations. 

TBN has the details. We owe him the extra 100k

• Jeseph unpinned this topic
1 minute ago, BasketBull said:

Glad absolutely nothing else is happening in the news so that this hire gets the coverage it deserves.

I agree. Despite the embarrassing couple hiccups, this story is getting quick national news. Novas prestige doesn't hurt at all.

39 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Glad absolutely nothing else is happening in the news so that this hire gets the coverage it deserves.

Would have been perfect timing if we made a shitty hire (5pm on a Friday, this other news also hitting at 5pm on a Friday) but instead it looks like we got a solid coach. Oh well. I'd rather be excited than jaded.

3 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

That’d be fun.  Or how ‘bout a Blue Collar Tournament with Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas St and UB?  Too much? 😂

Hell no…this sounds f’n great. Would make for a good non conference schedule. I’m all about this. Hopefully now that Boeheim is gone maybe we can get Cuse on the schedule. And perhaps we can get Nova on the schedule. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We should do a home and home

Not sure where Arkansas St will stack up in Sunbelt for 23-24...but I guess there is an outside chance of a UB / Ark St game

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2022/11/18/mens-basketball-sun-belt-mid-american-conferences-introduce-mac-sbc-challenge.aspx

Hodgson would have to get them up a few notches.

2 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Not sure where Arkansas St will stack up in Sunbelt for 23-24...but I guess there is an outside chance of a UB / Ark St game

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2022/11/18/mens-basketball-sun-belt-mid-american-conferences-introduce-mac-sbc-challenge.aspx

Hodgson would have to get them up a few notches.

I’d forgotten about that MAC-SBC Challenge. Hodgson joining Ark St now makes it a little more interesting.