Jump to content
Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dutchcountry7

2019-20 Schedule

Recommended Posts

I realize it is early but anyone know anything about the schedule?

 

What we know:  Charleston Classic Teams (8): Buffalo Bulls (MAC), UConn Huskies (American), Florida Gators (SEC), Miami Hurricanes (ACC), Missouri State Bears (MVC), Saint Joseph’s Hawks (A 10), Towson Tigers (CAA), Xavier Musketeers (Big East)

 

What we should have:

Home - St. Bona

Home - Canisius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

I realize it is early but anyone know anything about the schedule?

 

What we know:  Charleston Classic Teams (8): Buffalo Bulls (MAC), UConn Huskies (American), Florida Gators (SEC), Miami Hurricanes (ACC), Missouri State Bears (MVC), Saint Joseph’s Hawks (A 10), Towson Tigers (CAA), Xavier Musketeers (Big East)

 

What we should have:

Home - St. Bona

Home - Canisius

The Charleston Classic sounds pretty brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

The Charleston Classic sounds pretty brutal.

We got into it because we were a hot brand and they needed a team to fit a slot after Penn State pulled out.  Kind of a perfect storm to get into a good event.

It will be a challenge but will get neutral court games against top teams.  Something we didn't get this year. 

Not sure we need to play all the road games against power conference teams next year like we did this year.  Might allow for more home games this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, everlast2504 said:

The Charleston Classic sounds pretty brutal.

Wouldn’t have it any other way. Personally I hope we play Xavier, Florida, UCONN and Miami. I know in that tournament we can only at best get 3 of those 4 but I believe we can schedule the odd team out as part of non conference schedule. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Hope we get to play niagara 

"It's a down year for them, we'll finally play UB!"

Proceeds to get obliterated by some walkons

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also looking at the scheduling board, we're looking for 2 competitive guarantee home games and a home/home series. Maybe they take some of the extra money from Oats' buyout and Whitesell's cheap salary and put it toward getting some good teams to come to Alumni.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Hopefully the MAC team is us, it would make sense since "Buffalo's in Canada"

Am I missing something but doesnt the season usually start the first week of November? And isnt the hall of fame in Massachusetts?

But that sounds like a really cool event to be apart of. Not to mention being able to recruit and just have the schools name out and about in Toronto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Hopefully the MAC team is us, it would make sense since "Buffalo's in Canada"

Hope it's either us or Akron for the memes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Am I missing something but doesnt the season usually start the first week of November? And isnt the hall of fame in Massachusetts?

But that sounds like a really cool event to be apart of. Not to mention being able to recruit and just have the schools name out and about in Toronto.

The Hall of Fame hosts a lot of events. They put on our tournament in Belfast this year, if you forgot. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a good game for us early on...

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 2.15.47 PM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 8:27 PM, Tee4three said:

Am I missing something but doesnt the season usually start the first week of November? And isnt the hall of fame in Massachusetts?

But that sounds like a really cool event to be apart of. Not to mention being able to recruit and just have the schools name out and about in Toronto.

It’s spelled oot and aboot there.  Learn the lingo. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...