Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo @ Ball State (1/7 @ 7:00 pm)

Jeseph

• Jeseph pinned this topic
45 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Can't come out of the gate 0-2 in the MAC...

Hopefully others have some more constructive input than I do right now lol

If our 3 point shooting, free throw shooting and the way we start games with no intensity continue we could very well be hard pressed to go 500 in our MAC games. Hope for some improvement. Go Bulls!!!!

19 minutes ago, John said:

If our 3 point shooting, free throw shooting and the way we start games with no intensity continue we could very well be hard pressed to go 500 in our MAC games. Hope for some improvement. Go Bulls!!!!

For me, it's starts and ends on D with regard to our success/failure this season. When we've played better team defense, we've had much higher success rates. Our shots will come and go, but if our D is strong, we have a chance. If we're swiss cheese, like we have in some games this season, we stand no chance of winning. 

49 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

For me, it's starts and ends on D with regard to our success/failure this season. When we've played better team defense, we've had much higher success rates. Our shots will come and go, but if our D is strong, we have a chance. If we're swiss cheese, like we have in some games this season, we stand no chance of winning. 

Do agree. I should have added defensive intensity and team help defense. We still have to be able to hit shots especially free throws especially in close games. Go Bulls!!!!

I no longer know what to expect from this team. We can be good then bad from possession to possession. And now we have to go on the road for two game...yikes. Starting conference play 0-3 wouldn’t shock me. So with the possibility of that being the reality I just hope we play well and are in a position to win tomorrow night. We usually bounce back after a loss so hopefully we do so again tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I no longer know what to expect from this team. We can be good then bad from possession to possession. And now we have to go on the road for two game...yikes. Starting conference play 0-3 wouldn’t shock me. So with the possibility of that being the reality I just hope we play well and are in a position to win tomorrow night. We usually bounce back after a loss so hopefully we do so again tomorrow. 

Do agree. Maybe it will be good for them to go on the road after an unusual number of home games.  Again we would be talking a different tune if they had won all their home games. Winning a game or two sure can solve some of the confidence problems. Go Bulls!!!

Don’t care how we do it, I just wanna win the game. Ugly or not. We know who this team is now. We are back in 2015 at this point as in who knows what is gonna happen on any given night.

Need our seniors and juniors to step it up. Need production on both sides of the ball. And make every possession count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Don’t care how we do it, I just wanna win the game. Ugly or not. We know who this team is now. We are back in 2015 at this point as in who knows what is gonna happen on any given night.

Need our seniors and juniors to step it up. Need production on both sides of the ball. And make every possession count.

I am less concerned about the W/L at the moment and more focused on the 40 minutes of defensive intensity and team ball.  You can play great defense and guys on the other team just have hot nights.  That happens and you lose.  Or you can play crappy defense and make it easier on the opposition...and you lose.  I want to see the defensive intensity and team ball...those are the things you have good control over.  They have to bring the lunch pail and commit to 40 minutes of high intensity defense and team ball.  That's what I want to see. And, I think if they do that, the wins and losses will take care of themselves (since the team UB puts on the court has good talent relative to most of the other MAC teams).

Go Bulls.

• Like 3

Defense stepped up in the second half and enabled us to make a run at NIU.  This needs to happen for 40 minutes.  The other issue is free throws.  This has been a twist in my knickers for a few years now.  We shot 62.5% from the line.  This is unacceptable for a D-1 team.  75% should be the minimum, and that is after lowering my expectations.  

One last thought.  Official Dan Dorian is a lousy official and an arrogant A-hole.

As others have said, impossible to know which team shows up tonight but the defense has to be priority. They've shown that they can turn up intensity and force turnovers and get teams to start beating themselves (Townson, late vs NIU). I'd like to see them open up with a press defense to set the tone and bring it back if the lead slips. The energy and momentum that can come from forced turnovers is what they need to drive offense. Stay focused and out of foul trouble. Contest 3s and rebound like your life depends on it. Let's get some 2nd chance buckets!

23 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Plus good defense kills momentum for the opponent and creates it for the good guys. UB over the last several years have been at their best when playing hard nosed D, creating steals and rebounding tenaciously then running the other team to death. 

• Like 1