Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Top 25 Votes 2020 Season

BrooklynBull

On 11/24/2020 at 1:58 PM, promotherobot said:

So if we win the MAC and go 7-0 will we crack the Top 25? Has UB Football ever been ranked?

I think it would be close. Liberty and Coastal still play, SJSU and Nevada will meet, so that will knock off some undefeated teams. Marshall has a light schedule so they will likely stay top 25. Have to hope for more 2 loss AQ conference teams too. One bowl projection has us playing Coastal, so if that came to pass and we beat them we'd definitely finish 20-25th.

I think the most votes we ever received were 9 in the 2018 Coaches Poll.

In '96 we were tied with App State for 25th for one week in the 1-AA poll.

A bit unrelated and prob too soon but what are the chances Patterson comes back for his Senior year and most of the line returns? The QBs will be back. I’m thinking with the lack of a full season to show Patterson’s full potential and opportunity to boost his draft stock closer to the first round, he could stick around for next year. Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

A bit unrelated and prob too soon but what are the chances Patterson comes back for his Senior year and most of the line returns? The QBs will be back. I’m thinking with the lack of a full season to show Patterson’s full potential and opportunity to boost his draft stock closer to the first round, he could stick around for next year. Thoughts?

If he stays he’d definitely be considered one of the top three backs in the country, most analysts like his game but have him at the 5-10th best range. Definitely would boost his draft stock for sure but with all the attention he’s getting I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves after the season, especially if UB wins the Mac and goes undefeated 

11 hours ago, promotherobot said:

#21 Marshall, #22 Washington and #23 Oregon all lost this weekend. Any chance the Bulls sneak into the top 25 despite not playing?

Brett McMurphy just tweeted his poll for the week, he has UB up to #21 after being #25 in his poll last week.  If his poll is indicative of other pollsters as well, they just might do it.