Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

So, Ohio lost. If UB hits 2 more 3’s tonight (Brewton? Jack?) we’d be the 2 seed, correct?  As up and down and disappointing as this season has been at times, it’s amazing that after all of that, we were that close to stealing the 2. Ohio practically tried handing it to us this last week but we just couldn’t take advantage. Brand new season in Cleveland… now let’s go steal the MAC title, Bulls!

20 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

So, Ohio lost. If UB hits 2 more 3’s tonight (Brewton? Jack?) we’d be the 2 seed, correct?  As up and down and disappointing as this season has been at times, it’s amazing that after all of that, we were that close to stealing the 2. Ohio practically tried handing it to us this last week but we just couldn’t take advantage. Brand new season in Cleveland… now let’s go steal the MAC title, Bulls!

Had UB won tonight, they would've been the 2-seed since Ohio lost.

Unreal that CMU lost 8 of their last 9 but still made it to Cleveland. But in all fairness, even if they had played those 2 cancelled games vs UB and Ball State and lost, they would be 6-14 and I believe would still have the tiebreaker over BGSU and NIU as CMU was 1-0 vs both of them.

8 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I feel the key to how competitive UB will be next week,  is which Mballa shows up.  His production tailed off a little in the past two games.  If he finds a way to play close to  last year's MAC tourney, the Bulls have a shot at making some noise.  It will also help if Jack / Skogman contribute as well. Maybe it is foolish optimism on my part, but still pulling for these guys to succeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

I feel the key to how competitive UB will be next week,  is which Mballa shows up.  His production tailed off a little in the past two games.  If he finds a way to play close to  last year's MAC tourney, the Bulls have a shot at making some noise.  It will also help if Jack / Skogman contribute as well. Maybe it is foolish optimism on my part, but still pulling for these guys to succeed.

Mballa is a big key. An engaged Mballa anchors our defense and rebounding. Two things we will need against Akron. Keep in mind he didn’t play against them earlier this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

If Mballa returns to form, I think UB will beat Akron. I think the biggest key to a run will be how Toledo performs in a different atmosphere. If the Rockets play like they’ve been all season, I don’t think Buffalo can upset them but if the Rockets start missing looks they normally hit, they’ll be vulnerable and anything could happen.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Agree, UB needs the Mballa of old to have a realistic shot in Cleveland. He’s just been a different player most of this season, has looked clumsy with the ball and tentative at times.  We need a consistent 3rd scoring threat behind Jeenathan and Segu, two remarkably consistent players this year with JW scoring in double figures in every game he’s played and Rondo in all but 3 (with 9, 9 and 7 pts in those 3 games). Jack has been disappointing for the most part, plays hard and grabs more rebounds than I would’ve expected, but 30% shooting from 3 was not expected. Hopefully he’s saving the best for last.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Did Akron play all-out vs CMU? Did they have anything to play for? If so, not exactly a performance that should strike fear in our hearts.

Slow down Ali Ali. He single handedly won them the game against us earlier this year. Castaneda has been playing well also. And we need a good rebounding effort bc Freeman can rebound despite his height. Very winnable game. It’s not about fear, it’s about our confidence in this team 😞

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Slow down Ali Ali. He single handedly won them the game against us earlier this year. Castaneda has been playing well also. And we need a good rebounding effort bc Freeman can rebound despite his height. Very winnable game. It’s not about fear, it’s about our confidence in this team 😞

Wonder how confident Akron feels after squeaking one out vs. CMU?