Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent St

squire17

There are 2 things that I can say with absolute certainty about the Whitesell era Bulls

1) They are wildly consistently inconsistent. Forget about being inconsistent from one game to the next, they are inconsistent from possession to possession. We can play an awful half of ball only to turn it around completely and play good enough to lead by 6 with under 3 minutes left, only to blow that. Which leads me to point number 2.

2) We don’t know how to close games. At all. We struggle as a team from the free throw line, we don’t have a go to player or play. We don’t do the things needed to close out games. On both sides of the court. 

I’m afraid this is not going to change. We have a large enough sample size to say with certainty that this is who we are. 

• Like 4

Just another nail...Williams absurd 3 point attempt with the Bulls down by 1 was taken with 7 seconds left...enough time for Kent to get a shot off in an attempt to tie or win. Whitesell does not deserve to be leading the UB men’s basketball program. Mark Alnutt is either in over his head, or he is impervious to the demise of the men’s basketball program. Where does the buck stop? Tripathi.

Regarding Graves:  FakeHannaHall reminds me that I don’t know anything about the lives of our SAs.  A top 15 career point scorer has earned my respect and benefit of the doubt.  Not to mention a touch of compassion.  Has his mother/wife/girlfriend/daughter passed away?   Did his high school best friend commit suicide?   I don’t know, but saying ‘you suck’ certainly won’t make things any better.  

Regarding the :07 second three:  Was that a designed play?   Or, an improv after the design broke down?   In the last three minutes before that shot, Williams was 2-2 3 pointers, and had a missed layup.  He wasn’t on his preferred left side of the bucket, and was clearly feeling it from distance.  It might not have been the very best decision, but it wasn’t the worst in UB history either. 

• Like 1