Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Championship-Ohio

UB85

Just now, TML1000 said:

I guess you all were right about this team all along...

It was never our intention to be right about this stuff. I love this team, but the coaching is brutal, and beside the junior class we are in trouble. 

Just now, Tee4three said:

Its been 2 months since ive watched this version of ub basketball. Guess I should have expected it 

Too much data to show it was coming. 

• Like 1

Pretty easy diagnosis here. Turnovers and terrible offense. There have been some very good stretches in this game where we’ve played pretty solid defense and drove their shooting percentages down from +50% into the 30s.  But the reckless decisions on drives, forcing shots, committing reckless turnovers  and failing to recognize that they’re taking the lane away is absolutely destroying these guys. Turnovers and stupidity on offense are the two things I’ve preached about this season. Meanwhile Ohio is showing how “team” basketball destroys one on one and selfish offense. Watch how Ohio passes the ball, penetrates the lane, kicks it out when a lane to the hoop is not there which has given them tons of open looks for easy shots. They’ve got to get their minds right, play defense like their life depends on it and play much smarter offensive basketball. If they do they can come back. 

3 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Still can’t get the game on tv... but looking at the box score it’s not ok that Williams only has one shot so far.

I get ESPN via Sling. I couldn’t get the game directly thru ESPN. I got it thru Sling. The picture was hazy...blurry for about ten minutes. Now it’s fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UB85 said:

Pretty easy diagnosis here. Turnovers and terrible offense. There have been some very good stretches in this game where we’ve played pretty solid defense and drove their shooting percentages down from +50% into the 30s.  But the reckless decisions on drives, forcing shots, committing reckless turnovers  and failing to recognize that they’re taking the lane away is absolutely destroying these guys. Turnovers and stupidity on offense are the two things I’ve preached about this season. Meanwhile Ohio is showing how “team” basketball destroys one on one and selfish offense. Watch how Ohio passes the ball, penetrates the lane, kicks it out when a lane to the hoop is not there which has given them tons of open looks for easy shots. They’ve got to get their minds right, play defense like their life depends on it and play much smarter offensive basketball. If they do they can come back. 

Terrible defense from beginning to end.  How can Preston be so wide open?!  No game plan on either end.  Too many breakdowns to list.  Only question now is do we have the heart to make it a game.  Ohio can't miss.  Shooting over 50% killing it on 3s and out rebounding us. At this point play the starting 5 until this is over.  Any comeback has to start defensively.  We might have run into a buzzsaw