Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB Head Coaching Search

Jeseph

8 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I’m actually pleased with an O or D coordinator from a P5 program, especially the Big10 since it’s a similar recruiting area we predominately look at. I was concerned we were going to end up with a lower level coach or a band aid choice to stop the bleeding. I also like the mid-30’s energy guys to get our existing players excited and hopefully keep us at our level and improve upon it (MAC CHAMPIONSHIP anyone?)

He had barely 1 year experience as a D-coordinator in the Big10 and the rest (and numerous stops) he was a DB coach. We all sound like he was a 10 year D-Coordinator in the Big 10. Who cares if he's in his 30s, you can have energy and still be not good. Leipold was 56 and was good. I still have my concerns about either one of these picks.

17 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

He had barely 1 year experience as a D-coordinator in the Big10 and the rest (and numerous stops) he was a DB coach. We all sound like he was a 10 year D-Coordinator in the Big 10. Who cares if he's in his 30s, you can have energy and still be not good. Leipold was 56 and was good. I still have my concerns about either one of these picks.

Did you have someone in mind or something specific you were looking for? Just curious. I’m certainly open minded about options, but I’m ready to throw my support behind whomever it is to keep our train rolling.

Seems like a good choice. At minimum, it's a coach who surely knows a ton of good football guys, considering the places he's been.  Again, I think it's an upgrade...I don't see this coach losing to Albany (or it's equivalent) any time soon. Now let's see who the assistants are and which players stay/go. If they choose to go, adios. If they stay, build on last year and finally win the MAC again!

• Jeseph unpinned this topic
7 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

All of Michigan’s fan base hates us now, that’s a good sign. Rather they hate us then saying “thank god he’s gone”

I liked the little I had read on him earlier today but Mack endorsing him and Michigan fans being upset makes this sound even better 

Who was that Lance guy? I'm hopeful that 8 months from now we all are saying that. Again, I think this is a potentially great hire (nothing is ever a guarantee). I just hope that the buyout is strong and that we can get a few good MAC titles before he goes to greener pastures. Mediocre bowl wins are far less meaningful than conference titles, in my opinion. This school should be playing for the title in most years now that the football infrastructure has grown. They may not win them all, but they should be playing in 4 out of 5 years from this point forward (same goal should be for bball as well!).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skrabukes said:

Who was that Lance guy? I'm hopeful that 8 months from now we all are saying that. Again, I think this is a potentially great hire (nothing is ever a guarantee). I just hope that the buyout is strong and that we can get a few good MAC titles before he goes to greener pastures. Mediocre bowl wins are far less meaningful than conference titles, in my opinion. This school should be playing for the title in most years now that the football infrastructure has grown. They may not win them all, but they should be playing in 4 out of 5 years from this point forward (same goal should be for bball as well!).

Lance had plenty of lowlights as well as highlights; Blown leads to KSU and NIU in the MACC come to mind. Let's elevate with Mo.

6 minutes ago, UB65Son said:

If these players leave at the 1st sign of adversity are these really the players you want in the program?

These kids do not know who UB was going to hire.  If I was them I would have put myself into the transfer portal too.  It is May and preaty late in the game to put together a staff.  He has a long way to go before the ship is righted.  It is a really good first step though.

13 minutes ago, UB65Son said:

If these players leave at the 1st sign of adversity are these really the players you want in the program?

Many of these guys were starters or players that got lots of playing time.  At least one with NFL potential.  Yes, we want them in the program.  Let's make sure we keep them in the fold.  

• Jeseph changed the title to UB Head Coaching Search