Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB @ Michigan - Wed. 11/10/21

MuchMany

Wanted to start this thread a week early because I'm planning on making the drive to Ann Arbor for the game. Is anyone else going?

It's awesome to start the season with such a high-profile opponent within a 5 hour drive. I might have gone just based on that, but my cousin Hunter Dickinson is a star on Michigan so that turns it into a must-see game. Hope he scores 40 and we win in OT 🙂  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

My cousin Hunter Dickinson is a star on Michigan

I swear I was gonna post this whenever the Michigan thread started lol. Zaakir Williamson has some highlights of him scoring on your cousin at 1:26, 1:34, 1:45, 2:14, and 2:36 in this video. Not to disparage Dickinson but rather show Williamson against high level competition. I'd imagine he redshirts but he won’t be seeing anyone 7’2” when he starts playing in the MAC

Edited by trueblue32
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Anyone else making the drive? Would like to grab a drink beforehand.

Predictions on the spread? I'm guessing around 18.5.

Could be that high.  Predictions from Massey and torvik have around 12-13 points.  Maybe somewhere in between.

Edited by DocCas86

A few upsets and near upsets on opening night.  Hoping we pull off upset of our own.

5 hours ago, MuchMany said:

15.5 point spread. Wary of a show start, but if we keep it single digits at half maybe they tighten up late. Encouraged by the MAC performances tonight. I hit the road at 9am - I'll update the scene from Ann Arbor tomorrow.

Enjoy the game!

7 hours ago, MuchMany said:

15.5 point spread

Vegas money is on our side as we started as 18.5 point dogs.

This reminds me of the Ayton match-up.  Back then we had Perkins, Harris, and McRae as outside threats to compromise Ayton defensively and they went 7-16 from 3 that game.  We don't have big men with their track record shooting the 3 which is concerning to me.  If we're trying to match Dickinson with Bertram I think it could be a long night

2 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Betting line down to 12 to 13.5 now 

Yep I was just about to post that.  That's a monstrous swing for there not to be injury/suspension news on Michigan's side.  Kenpom spreads are generally sharp to Vegas spreads and KenPom has us losing by 17.  I guess we'll see if any news comes out.

Edited by trueblue32

Pundits seem to have their eyes on this game.

I'm honestly not holding my breath for an upset here to open the season. What I want to see is some of our older players step up as on-court leaders and for the team to play with grit and composure. If we come out deer-in-headlights then I think we'll expect a slow-progression throughout the year that hopefully catalyzes by MAC Tournament time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Pundits seem to have their eyes on this game.

I'm honestly not holding my breath for an upset here to open the season. What I want to see is some of our older players step up as on-court leaders and for the team to play with grit and composure. If we come out deer-in-headlights then I think we'll expect a slow-progression throughout the year that hopefully catalyzes by MAC Tournament time.

Everyone’s favorite weirdo will be watching most likely.

Do I expect a win, no but I do expect it to be close throughout. After the close call Ohio state had with Akron I expect ub will have Michigans full attention

Michigan is a legit national championship contender

I think ub matches up well with them though. I don't think michigans guards are as good as they are being hyped as(at least in game one) and I think ub has the depth at the forward position to play Dickinson tough all game long 

SI is calling this game a hidden gem:

MBB: Buffalo at Michigan

The Big Ten favorites on the hardwood open their season in Ann Arbor against a pesky Buffalo team. The Wolverines have national-title upside this year thanks to the return of star center Hunter Dickinson, and it’s hard not to trust Juwan Howard to figure things out with a talented group around him. Still, this game isn’t a cupcake. Buffalo is a top-100 team in SI’s 1–358 rankings and returns a lot of experienced talent, including star wing Jeenathan Williams. Don’t be surprised if the Bulls hang around for a while.