Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo vs St. Bonaventure 12/4 - 4pm

4 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Probably because it doesn't reach more than one media market.

But UB vs Point Park was televised. (Or is is Park Point?) The point being not many fans would be tuning in to watch that game from either Buffalo or wherever PP is from. This is a rivalry game. I don’t understand why it’s not being televised. UB has alumni all over the place.

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

I believe NBC has the rights to the A-10. And everything is being pushed to streaming these days.

Great. I think Brooklyn Bull, earlier in this thread, indicated that the game would be on NBC Sports Digital Network. Later in the thread someone posted that the game could be seen tape-delayed at 9 o’clock on SNY. I checked NBCSN. According to their schedule, the game will not be televised. However, if you check the App, you may be able to stream it on your phone or tablet. I still am dumbfounded that the game isn’t available via a less circuitous route.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Great. I think Brooklyn Bull, earlier in this thread, indicated that the game would be on NBC Sports Digital Network. Later in the thread someone posted that the game could be seen tape-delayed at 9 o’clock on SNY. I checked NBCSN. According to their schedule, the game will not be televised. However, if you check the App, you may be able to stream it on your phone or tablet. I still am dumbfounded that the game isn’t available via a less circuitous route.

Steaming streaming streaming  

5 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

A thing to keep an eye on will be foul trouble. Which big, Mballa or Osunniyi, will get into foul trouble. Couple that with Hardnett off the bench being foul prone. Also Brock’s injury status…foul trouble could play a big factor. Skogman guarding Osunniyi would be a mismatch.  So keep an eye on fouls and post matchups.

100%. Especially once the hillbillies start riding the refs. I have a weird feeling that one of our deeper bench guys is going to have to log some minutes. Maybe Kuluel...

11 hours ago, squire17 said:

But UB vs Point Park was televised. (Or is is Park Point?) The point being not many fans would be tuning in to watch that game from either Buffalo or wherever PP is from. This is a rivalry game. I don’t understand why it’s not being televised. UB has alumni all over the place.

Weeknight vs a Saturday?

Even though it is delayed an hour having it on SNY( Mets Sports Network) is good for the metro NYC area.  I wish all our games were om YES or SNY.  It would be nice even delayed.  It would play nice for our NYC alumnus.  YES and SNY come free on my sports package.  I would not mind any of those station replaying UB Basketball/ UB football at 4 in the morning.  By the way I am going to watch it an hour delayed so no spoilers 

35 minutes ago, CheerUB80/84 said:

Even though it is delayed an hour having it on SNY( Mets Sports Network) is good for the metro NYC area.  I wish all our games were om YES or SNY.  It would be nice even delayed.  It would play nice for our NYC alumnus.  YES and SNY come free on my sports package.  I would not mind any of those station replaying UB Basketball/ UB football at 4 in the morning.  By the way I am going to watch it an hour delayed so no spoilers 

Just a heads up, if you want to avoid spoilers, game is at 4 p.m. and replay is at 9 p.m.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MuchMany said:

100%. Especially once the hillbillies start riding the refs. I have a weird feeling that one of our deeper bench guys is going to have to log some minutes. Maybe Kuluel...

To this point I’d like to see Jones continue to develop. He is, rightly so, coming along slowly but the progression is noticeable. The bench right now is 4 deep. Brewton, Fagan, Hardnett and Jones. Depending on Brock’s injury status…5 deep. But that’s very front court heavy. As the season goes on I’d like to see Blocker earn some minutes. Right now I think the speed of the game is too much for him. Bringing him along could pay off in February/March. Blending these guys in with the vets is the way to go. Looking around the MAC…not many teams currently have deep benches beyond their 7th man. 

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

To this point I’d like to see Jones continue to develop. He is, rightly so, coming along slowly but the progression is noticeable. The bench right now is 4 deep. Brewton, Fagan, Hardnett and Jones. Depending on Brock’s injury status…5 deep. But that’s very front court heavy. As the season goes on I’d like to see Blocker earn some minutes. Right now I think the speed of the game is too much for him. Bringing him along could pay off in February/March. Blending these guys in with the vets is the way to go. Looking around the MAC…not many teams currently have deep benches beyond their 7th man. 

If Bertram could never see the court again we would be better off.

• Haha 1

I am in the camp that losing Lofton will hurt the Bonnies, but I expect rest of the team to step up.  I am expecting a very close game.  I know some have said this is a must win for UB, but what I see as a must, UB must take care of the ball, play with intensity from the outset and hit the boards.  I think this gives them a good chance to win - but not a given.