Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Eastern Michigan @7

Dabulls

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

The band was at the WBB game last night.  I'm guessing they'll be there tonight.

Hope to see good student turnout. EMU only 8-14 and 3-8 in conference and lost three out of last four. Good size on front line at 6-10 and 7-0. New coach this year in Stan Heath who long ago coached at Bowling Green and one year at Kent State. Also head coach at Arkansas and South Florida and last coached in the NBA G-league. If we can play with some energy and passion especially in front of the home crowd we should come out with a win. They have lost to both Toledo and Ohio by 20 points but unless we play with some purpose and get the crowd involved it could be a long night. Go Bull!!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, John said:

Hope to see good student turnout. EMU only 8-14 and 3-8 in conference and lost three out of last four. Good size on front line at 6-10 and 7-0. New coach this year in Stan Heath who long ago coached at Bowling Green and one year at Kent State. Also head coach at Arkansas and South Florida and last coached in the NBA G-league. If we can play with some energy and passion especially in front of the home crowd we should come out with a win. They have lost to both Toledo and Ohio by 20 points but unless we play with some purpose and get the crowd involved it could be a long night. Go Bull!!!

Per most ranking sites EMU is a step above CMU with rankings in #270 range.  Hoping the team comes out with defensive intensity, if they do, they should take care of business. 

One thing I would like to see for the rest of the season is a return to form for Mballa.  Especially post Covid, Mballa has yet to approach his performance last year..  If he can return at least partially to form, that will improve team chances in Cleveland.

image.png.a522a9ab4cf743f8d145332b258f25e3.png

4 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Love what I’m seeing on offense so far, but need to tighten up the D against one of the lowest scoring teams in the MAC

Agree - a little more effort on D would be nice... but like the flow on offense.  Hope this is how the team builds good habits / confidence.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Question - I thought I heard them say that as 5 seed they would not have bye.  Did they switch back to old format or was that a mistake?

They just clarified - top 8 teams only.  Maybe I misheard.

Only top 8 teams make it to Cleveland. No more byes. 1 plays 8 and so on down the seed line. Bottom 4 teams stay home.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Nice to see Mballa and Jack playing closer to their norms..  Hope this becomes more common the rest of the way.

Momma Jack is at the game. You know he’s showing out. And as long as Mballa stays down low this is what we can and should expect.

Edited by DooleyBull06