Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Eastern Michigan @7

Dabulls

7 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I know EMU near bottom of the MAC, but I agree was nice... this picture tells it all:

image.png.78d180398c17a91f0b6782500130564b.png

Very limited horizontal lines!

I don’t care where you are in a league, if you can win a league game by 38, have 28 assists and 50 rebounds, you are clicking on all cylinders. 

• Like 3

Just now, UBinMD said:

I don’t care where you are in a league, if you can win a league game by 38, have 28 assists and 50 rebounds, you are clicking on all cylinders. 

Certainly.  Taking it one game at a time.  This stretch of games can get this team playing with confidence come March.

1 hour ago, Erie County said:

That 4-5 path is what they are looking at

Kent/Ohio/Toledo

The 4 or 5 seems most likely but 3 isn’t out of the question with one game still left to play with Akron. With Toledo beating Ohio tonight they both are “only” 2 games ahead of UB in the loss column, but we’re gonna have to hope one of them slips up a couple times down the stretch if we have any hope of catching them.

3 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

The 4 or 5 seems most likely but 3 isn’t out of the question with one game still left to play with Akron. With Toledo beating Ohio tonight they both are “only” 2 games ahead of UB in the loss column, but we’re gonna have to hope one of them slips up a couple times down the stretch if we have any hope of catching them.

Scratch that, we don’t play Akron again. I was thinking of Kent.  Still, if we run the table and finish 15-4 I would think that’d be good enough to snag the 3

19 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Scratch that, we don’t play Akron again. I was thinking of Kent.  Still, if we run the table and finish 15-4 I would think that’d be good enough to snag the 3

Love the optimism. And we should win every game left this month before the Toledo rematch but realistically speaking it wouldn’t shock me if we didn’t. Despite that I agree the 3 seed is still on the table. I doubt Akron wins out. And they play Ohio on the road. We just need to take care of our own business. We are in a good spot to get right going forward.

18 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Love the optimism. And we should win every game left this month before the Toledo rematch but realistically speaking it wouldn’t shock me if we didn’t. Despite that I agree the 3 seed is still on the table. I doubt Akron wins out. And they play Ohio on the road. We just need to take care of our own business. We are in a good spot to get right going forward.

Just win baby. Need to get hot at right time… that’s all we can hope for at this point. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I agree the main objective will be playing well enough to go 8-1 at worst (violating my one game at a time view).  This means we would 'get right', will be playing our best basketball of the season and have confidence heading into Cleveland. The 3 seed would be a slight benefit and give us a slightly easier game, say BGSU rather than Kent or Akron.  Either way - likely scenario you will have to beat Ohio and Toledo.  If you are good enough to beat Ohio and Toledo, than you should be able to beat BGSU, Kent or Akron.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UBminicre said:

How many fans and students? Estimate?!?

Attendance was 3146 according to the UB website. Whitesell in a post game interview acknowledged the crowd and said there was a notable difference in volume at the arena. Encouraging. Hopefully there’s more turnout Saturday afternoon. 

11 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Attendance was 3146 according to the UB website. Whitesell in a post game interview acknowledged the crowd and said there was a notable difference in volume at the arena. Encouraging. Hopefully there’s more turnout Saturday afternoon. 

Consistency would be nice. 

6 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

The student section was effectively sold out. It was packed. I’m not sure historically if they show up on Saturday day games though. My only feedback would be for the band to learn a few new tunes and mix it up a bit. And, once they do, to play more. It’s better than the loud music they’re constantly piping in.

I’m not sure if there’s someone new playing Victor E. Bull but the mascot was also more energetic and going to parts of the arena he typically didn’t visit. That was great to see too. 

1 hour ago, bulls2684 said:

Probably the biggest positive of the year, the development of Skogman

One thing that stands out for me last night was the pass Skogman made from under the basket to Mballa for 2 points.  Mballa seemed to appreciate it too, as Mballa seemed more energized after that basket.  Need the two of them to thrive together.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I agree the main objective will be playing well enough to go 8-1 at worst (violating my one game at a time view).  This means we would 'get right', will be playing our best basketball of the season and have confidence heading into Cleveland. The 3 seed would be a slight benefit and give us a slightly easier game, say BGSU rather than Kent or Akron.  Either way - likely scenario you will have to beat Ohio and Toledo.  If you are good enough to beat Ohio and Toledo, than you should be able to beat BGSU, Kent or Akron.

That’s what is going to make the MAC Tournament so difficult and why seeding matters. Defeating Ohio and Toledo on back-to back nights wouldn’t be an easy task for any mid-major. Buffalo has the talent to do so but they’ll need to bring their A-game to Cleveland.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

As far as last night, a lot of encouraging signs. Most complete game of the season.

Gotta hope the Bulls keep beating up on their weak schedule moving forward. We’ve been saying they have the ability for the past few years. They made a run last year and can do so again now. Just can’t afford letdowns in big contests. Right now, UB is 0-3 against the top 3 teams in the MAC. Can’t wait to see what they do hosting Toledo. If they can take down the Rockets, things are going to appear much better heading into Cleveland.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

As far as last night, a lot of encouraging signs. Most complete game of the season.

Gotta hope the Bulls keep beating up on their weak schedule moving forward. We’ve been saying they have the ability for the past few years. They made a run last year and can do so again now. Just can’t afford letdowns in big contests. Right now, UB is 0-3 against the top 3 teams in the MAC. Can’t wait to see what they do hosting Toledo. If they can take down the Rockets, things are going to appear much better heading into Cleveland.

Agree 100%   The team needs to stay focused on each game and take care of business.  As a fan I can look ahead as to what an 11-0 run to close out the season including a win against Toledo would do to raise hope.  This is an extremely difficult feat, but  I believe the team has the talent to accomplish that.  However,  they need disciplined  play night in and night out to have a chance at that.

I thought Mballa had one of his best games yet this season. Seemed to go back to what made him dominate last year. Crashed both boards with intensity and was physical in the paint. Only a few times did he try to take on guys with the dribble, and that was when we had a commanding lead. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 11:08 AM, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

That’s what is going to make the MAC Tournament so difficult and why seeding matters. Defeating Ohio and Toledo on back-to back nights wouldn’t be an easy task for any mid-major. Buffalo has the talent to do so but they’ll need to bring their A-game to Cleveland.

If Ohio and Toledo are the first and second seeds, the only teams that can avoid laying them on back to back nights are the seven and eight seeds and whomever benefits from the seven or eight seed pulling off an upset..  Otherwise if they win their first game, the other two team in the semis have to play them back to back.

Edited by BrooklynBull
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

One thing that stands out for me last night was the pass Skogman made from under the basket to Mballa for 2 points.  Mballa seemed to appreciate it too, as Mballa seemed more energized after that basket.  Need the two of them to thrive together.

This is vital to our success going forward. An engaged Mballa is a difference maker on both ends. And his offensive involvement isn’t predicated on being ball dominate. IE…screen and rolls and rebound put backs. If he and Skogman, who has the more polished offensive repertoire, can share the floor that will boost ball movement, offensive versatility and rebounding.

• Like 1