Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Cameilla Bowl 2022

BrooklynBull

Also I don't have anything against KVT, he did good things here. Never had an issue. Didn't even have a issue in this game. Just didn't want to be part of his storybook ending! So very glad they pulled that one out. I think we just all had this feeling after he converted that crazy 4th down at the end to that TE that he was destined to win this game 24-23 but Ahmed had other plans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xDerekRx said:

Thats what I say.  I dont care if its the "norm" but good ridance to anyone who bails like that on the team before a bowl game. Declare after the game!

Doesnt matter. Didn't need ANYONE who decided to leave. 

Sad, but when it's all said and done...a several of those guys who don't latch on to greener pastures or who don't even sniff an NFL camp will be bummed out that they didn't participate in winning their college Bowl game.  It's what you play for.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UB92 said:

Watched the game in the car (thanks YouTubeTV).  Just read this game thread.  It is pretty weak, to be blunt.  So many complaints for a team that won and was up for most of the game.  

How about a little less negativity for the new year?

Go Bulls!!

Tell me you weren't expecting GaSo to come back when we couldn't punch in a TD and they scored one.

UB 12 for 19 on 3rd down. 38+ minutes of possession. Only 3 penalties all game including that BS targeting call. And 4/4 in the red zone by the 18th best team in FBS at converting those opportunities into points (yes, at least one more TD today rather than a FG would’ve been preferred).

Never gave up and never panicked (unlike some of us fans including yours truly lol). Well done, men!  

Edited by Bluebird96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MKBullsfan said:

Honest question, does the winner of this bowl get more money or something else? I know about the trophy, telling recruits we went to a bowl game plus winning and the exposure on ESPN but how does this win benefit us right now?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think all bowl money for the MAC teams (and any conference) goes into a pot and then get dispersed. Not sure if it's all equal portion or teams that participated or won got more. I'm also not sure about if UB and GaSo get the same payout. I did find this article. Since the MAC is a "Group of Five" conference, it looks like the MAC gets a share of $95 million. The Camellia Bowl specifically is $300k (not sure if that is total or for each and how it is split). Seems like there is a lot of money out there, so hopefully we get a nice cut since we participated and won.

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/bowl-game-payouts/

30 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Tell me you weren't expecting GaSo to come back when we couldn't punch in a TD and they scored one.

What I expected didn’t matter.  

I was rooting for two first downs.  Got them.  

Put positivity out into the world.  There would have been enough time for negativity IF they blew the lead.  Why court it?

The refs deciding to review the play with 4 seconds on the clock and then resetting to 25 seconds to burn a bunch more time didn’t hurt either.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think all bowl money for the MAC teams (and any conference) goes into a pot and then get dispersed. Not sure if it's all equal portion or teams that participated or won got more. I'm also not sure about if UB and GaSo get the same payout. I did find this article. Since the MAC is a "Group of Five" conference, it looks like the MAC gets a share of $95 million. The Camellia Bowl specifically is $300k (not sure if that is total or for each and how it is split). Seems like there is a lot of money out there, so hopefully we get a nice cut since we participated and won.

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/bowl-game-payouts/

If I remember from years past half the money paid out goes to the school (to compensate for costs ie travel)  The other half goes to the MAC and is split equal to every school in the conference 

Really impressed with the win today.  A lot of guys bailed and a lot of guys got an opportunity to step up today and they did.  I don't think enough can be said about what Ahmed did when Washington went out so early.  It was pretty cool to see guys like Kevin Marks on twitter talking about how proud they were Tajay.

Nice way to head into the offseason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

A nice finish to a painful season. Let's hope Mo learned something.

Loser mentality. We had a first time coach completely rebuild the roster and not only qualify but win a bowl game in his second season. Only the 2nd coach to win a bowl game in FBS program history. Far from perfect, but I’ve yet to see a MAC season/program be perfect. Great step forward. 

• Like 3

So many players stepped up in the absence of others and made this game awesome. Hines and Offord were targeted the whole time and played lights out. They were my stars of the day. The D-Line also got some solid pressure on KVT too which they hadn't done against seemingly any MAC team this year. On top of that, it was awesome seeing Ahmed step up and carry the rock. He was a beast.

All in all, it was NOT a disappointing season. I got my hopes up like many of you when they started 5-0 in the MAC but we went 7-6, won a bowl game, and were 2 ridiculous late comebacks away from being 9-4 and 7-1 in the conference. Granted those losses sucked, but it's amazing to see where the team is given the adversity they've faced in the last couple seasons. The future is bright. Let's hope Mo sticks around to see it through.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

To be honest, I wasn't expecting them to.  I felt calm for most of this game.....even though UB didn't play pristine football, I thought they were in control pretty much throughout.  Would it have surprised me if they got a stop and scored on UB?  No, not really....but was I sitting on my couch doom-and-glooming it?  No.

• Like 1

Just finished watching the game.  This work thing gets in the way of my viewing pleasure.  Mo is learning He went for three instead of going for the TD He made that mistake during the season.  2 scores up as time was running out was enough to win.  He might just learn to be a very good coach He can recruit. He can game plan, Now if he can make good game day decisions and make better in game adjustments, just might make a great coach 

5 hours ago, xDerekRx said:

Thats what I say.  I dont care if its the "norm" but good ridance to anyone who bails like that on the team before a bowl game. Declare after the game!

Khalil Mack didn't opt out and there's opt outs here and elsewhere that won't sniff the draft. Crazy. And I wouldn't have blamed Khalil for opting out if he chose to.

UB Bulls won another bowl game that is all I care about as a UB Bulls fan. That win will keep us in the elite of the MAC recruiting that is what that bowl win does. It isn’t about Maurice Linquist he is leaving at some point all I care about is keeping UB Bulls football at the elite level of the MAC in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 1