Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Search 2023 Edition

Kevin

I’ve been told by a friend who has a former landscaper who knows people who used to work in Buffalo whose neighbor had a kid in school with somebody who has an uncle on the part time janitorial staff at the UB Center for the Arts that an offer is to be made (no knowledge of who) this week. This isn’t exactly groundbreaking stuff as time is of the essence but it allows me to breathe with a timeline in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Chet said:

My bet is McCollum. But that's strictly a guess. I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere else other than Green Bay which made their hire.

I’d be good with that. Feels like a guy that could do a 10 year stint here and really lay a foundation.

10 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

So do we have odds on what page this thread gets to until we have an announcement? 😂

The pace of reaponses is slowing down, I'd put it at 27.5 before announcement

But I guess announcement is debatable though - is a tweet from say rothstein announcing or from the school themselves? 

14 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

The pace of reaponses is slowing down, I'd put it at 27.5 before announcement

But I guess announcement is debatable though - is a tweet from say rothstein announcing or from the school themselves? 

If it isn't broken by a national CBB reporter, I don't think any of us will be happy with the hire. Although credit to Bronstein for the only real news in two weeks. 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

In all fairness, the fire JW thread was 4 years old. I think it started the day of his hire.

No, it started halfway through his first year after I had some data. I wish I didn't delete it because every ounce of it was correct. 

10 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

I will be happy with McCollum, Cohen or Washington. Much happier with this search as compared to the last cycle. If I had to rank, it’s a toss up at the top but, McCollum, Cohen then Washington. McCollum is a tactician/program builder vs Cohen the recruiter with local ties. Let’s hire someone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I’m wondering if Cohen was the primary target and we were waiting for X departure from the tournament and McCollum came in and won the interview with ADMA and made it a dogfight. 

Really hoping that's the case. But it doesn't seem like any of these "coaching Twitter" accounts really know what's going on here. There hasn't been any actual news about interviews, etc. Just kind of cyclical repackaging of the same unconfirmed stuff. We're either running a tight ship or are not very active. 

5 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Really hoping that's the case. But it doesn't seem like any of these "coaching Twitter" accounts really know what's going on here. There hasn't been any actual news about interviews, etc. Just kind of cyclical repackaging of the same unconfirmed stuff. We're either running a tight ship or are not very active. 

I don't think it's inactivity at all. I'm trying to remember the Mo and BB hires. Don't remember a lot of names or buzz, they just kinda fell out of the sky and an announcement was made. Am I remembering that wrong?

7 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Could be a combination of us running a tight ship but really National insiders not really caring as much with the tournament and other off court things happening

17 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Could be a combination of us running a tight ship but really National insiders not really caring as much with the tournament and other off court things happening

This. I don't think the head coach at Buffalo is a major "first to press" win like it was post-BH and post-NO. We also look silly giving any public nod to a candidate and potentially "losing out" on them. I think the next news is official word on a done deal.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Makes sense that the only name that really leaked is what would be considered more of a story in McCollum 

2 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

This. I don't think the head coach at Buffalo is a major "first to press" win like it was post-BH and post-NO. We also look silly giving any public nod to a candidate and potentially "losing out" on them. I think the next news is official word on a done deal.

Yeah that's probably right. But plenty of other/smaller jobs have had more chatter over the past two weeks. I'm fine with us running a tight ship here, but I still want my recruiting news asap haha.