Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Search 2023 Edition

Kevin

1 hour ago, ukbro00 said:

Never said you had fake sources. Said you had unreliable sources, which I stand behind. 

Nah, don't backtrack now. Nothing I said was unreliable considering the AD doesn't know where this search is going.

You said downright lying is disrespectful. Which was blasphemous that I'd come on here to lie to 50 people. 

I'm still waiting for you to tell me where I said Cohen would sign next week. 

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Another twist in the UBMBB Saga. Best of luck to Coach Q. Will be interesting to see if any current Bulls end up at AKST

I am happy for him. The life of an assistant coach in the mid majors is probably a tough gig. Glad to see he connected with his friend, Coach Hodgson.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

They were given candidates that would take the job.

These aren't desperate people just looking for a job.  They need to sell UB on why they are a good fit but UB also needs to sell the candidates on why UB will be a good place for their career.  

This is like dating.  You can't blame the match maker here.

The problem to me is UB Bulls fired there coach at the worst time when college athletics is going through a culture shift like all the movements this country has gone through. But unfortunately UB Bulls refuse to recognize the worth of the individual person because it goes against the state’s collective one for all commune good policy. Basically hippy dippy 1960’s political philosophy and they are in the position of power in New York State and definitely at UB. The same people that lead to canceled UB Bulls football because of there counter culture protests movements of the 1960’s are in elite power positions. Think about it there is a much deeper dark place UB and New York State is in ruling class positions today who were hippy dippy counter culture wanting total control and power not looking at the worth of the individual it will not be New York State and UB downfall just left behind everyone else that adjust to this shift in college athletics and business today. BSF are you basically saying we are a backward state and school? Yes no more callers we have a winner. My generation has nothing to do with this we aren’t in power yet so it’s not on my generation yet we are going to have to clean this mess up unfortunately if there still is a Division I athletics to clean up because the fools in charge are running it into the ground again. And it’s sad because you ask what is the point? We fire Jim Whitesell spend $500,000 for this absurd mess it didn’t have to be like this we could have paid Bobby Hurley, we could have paid Nate Oats, we could have Lance Leipold. I hope you all are enjoying the political power total control nonsense because you all are embarrassing not just UB but Buffalo.

I take no responsibility whatsoever for this political stuff from the elites from UB and New York State there both a big joke. Wake up Bobby Hurley, Nate Oates and Lance Leipold have value and these fools that run New York State are UB don’t get it. I have three other basketball teams locally I can watch until UB stops playing politics and gets there act together it’s embarrassing the individual has worth in this country wake up we are in a capitalistic country the individual is going where the money is that is why I have said UB will be left behind with no NIL and $1 million dollars plus head coaching salary. Maurice Linquist is gone he sees this who mess who knows what he is thinking? Most likely I got win big to get away from this crazy state and school policies to make my individual worth in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

3 minutes ago, UB Horns Up said:

The problem to me is UB Bulls fired there coach at the worst time when college athletics is going through a culture shift like all the movements this country has gone through. But unfortunately UB Bulls refuse to recognize the worth of the individual person because it goes against the state’s collective one for all commune good policy. Basically hippy dippy 1960’s political philosophy and they are in the position of power in New York State and definitely at UB. The same people that lead to canceled UB Bulls football because of there counter culture protests movements of the 1960’s are in elite power positions. Think about it there is a much deeper dark place UB and New York State is in ruling class positions today who were hippy dippy counter culture wanting total control and power not looking at the worth of the individual it will not be New York State and UB downfall just left behind everyone else that adjust to this shift in college athletics and business today. BSF are you basically saying we are a backward state and school? Yes no more callers we have a winner. My generation has nothing to do with this we aren’t in power yet so it’s not on my generation yet we are going to have to clean this mess up unfortunately if there still is a Division I athletics to clean up because the fools in charge are running it into the ground again. And it’s sad because you ask what is the point? We fire Jim Whitesell spend $500,000 for this absurd mess it didn’t have to be like this we could have paid Bobby Hurley, we could have paid Nate Oats, we could have Lance Leipold. I hope you all are enjoying the political power total control nonsense because you all are embarrassing not just UB but Buffalo.

I take no responsibility whatsoever for this political stuff from the elites from UB and New York State there both a big joke. Wake up Bobby Hurley, Nate Oates and Lance Leipold have value and these fools that run New York State are UB don’t get it. I have three other basketball teams locally I can watch until UB stops playing politics and gets there act together it’s embarrassing the individual has worth in this country wake up we are in a capitalistic country the individual is going where the money is that is why I have said UB will be left behind with no NIL and $1 million dollars plus head coaching salary. Maurice Linquist is gone he sees this who mess who knows what he is thinking? Most likely I got win big to get away from this crazy state and school policies to make my individual worth in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

you ok?

21 minutes ago, UB Horns Up said:

The problem to me is UB Bulls fired there coach at the worst time when college athletics is going through a culture shift like all the movements this country has gone through.

You wanted to fire Whitesell the day he was hired, you now say firing him was wrong?

20 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

you ok?

What he said!

31 minutes ago, UB Horns Up said:

Who let this guy on this website? He is not altogether there. I am all for free epression but the rants and raves border on hysteria.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Old Bull said:

Who let this guy on this website? He is not altogether there. I am all for free epression but the rants and raves border on hysteria.

Despite UB being "run by the NY elite", we allow posters of all walks of life at UBFan.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hearing alnutt has offered the job to President Tripathi, but he has declined as well…

He didn't want to take the 50% pay cut.

I have very few posts in this thread since I just wanted to see how this process played out.

A few years ago, when Whitesell was hired, I sort of deconstructed some of the "after the fact" issues with the AD.  I was optimistic that he was going to be over-prepared this time.  After all, he fired the guy, so he needed to be 1000% confident on the next steps.

But this is clearly a second failure -- and in a very public sort of way.  

I think the President actual has a decision to make here.  You can either move on from your AD now, bring in a new AD and have that person hire a new coach (what's another 30 days).  Of just let Alnutt hire his fifth or sixth choice, which will be underwhelming for us all.

I am very surprised that the President allowed the AD to fire Whitesell early and cough up the extra cash.  He must have convinced him about now only the need to do it now, but the consequences (from a new coach standpoint) if he didn't do it now.   Now, if you are Tripathi, you basically spent extra money and DIDN'T get the guy...and still have no one at this point.  It is like watching that top-3 pick slide down the draft board and the camera is on him as the 22nd team passes on him.  A bad look all around.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Turner Battle maybe? Why not? He’s paid his dues. I doubt he’d turn down the offer. 

Having a tough first year back in the Monsignor Martin League going 7-18 overall and 2-12 in conference play. He's not the coach but they expect him to raise the level in all their sports.

Edited by bullsbball

1 hour ago, bullsbball said:

Having a tough first year back in the Monsignor Martin League going 7-18 overall and 2-12 in conference play. He's not the coach but they expect him to raise the level in all their sports.

Park has not been able to take advantage of its International program due to Covid restrictions. Hopefully that will be resolved this year. 

6 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

read all that.jpeg

• Haha 2