Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

‘23-‘24 Roster

14 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Think we all knew for certain he would get talented players, the question remains on how he will put all the talent he gets together 

The balance will be important 2. These guys are 1 year rentals. Is this to hit the ground running for the first year and bring in young guys to learn or is it like UB became with a roster of transfers. Same will go for us. I think it needs to be a blend, but what mix is the question.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Anywhere but Bona. As previously said. As for Arkansas State…if you aren’t offered our job I guess the plan is to take our players huh lol

I think being a new HC and not an established X and O guy, he is likely to lean towards guys he knows (Q) or systems he knows and players with upside that had success in that system (Jack). I personally would like to see Jack at Vanderbilt if he isn't going to be a Bull.

Bona has some losses on their roster and Jack would be a good A-10 player so they may make a strong push.

5 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Anywhere but Bona. As previously said. As for Arkansas State…if you aren’t offered our job I guess the plan is to take our players huh lol

Why would you say that? It’s not the St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball fault some UB donors refuse to understand that NIL and transfer portals are part of the college game now. I actually feel sorry for George Halcovage that he has to deal with some these people ruining it all the other UB Bulls basketball fans because they live in a alternate reality of the real world of college basketball today.

UB is state university and we have some of our UB Bulls fans on there knees please don’t go to the St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball go anywhere else instead Isaac Jack. I am sure Canisius and Niagara are on UB alums list of basketball teams too. Worry about UB athletics problems from some of there wealthier UB donors with in which is lack of NIL and more loyal the state politics than UB Bulls college sports which is unfortunate.

If Isaac Jack went to the St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball and won Western New York our first undisputed NCAA national championship Buffalo would go crazy for joy. I don’t understand why UB wouldn’t want that for Buffalo if UB just can’t do it because some of there UB donors are more worried about politics and what New York State and the New York Times might write. If heaven forbid oh I forgot I can say heaven today I am on a New York State athletics board not a private school athletics board sorry. If UB hired from the Nate Oats coaching tree oh my scandalous how could UB Bulls basketball go on? UB alum should worry about that toxic stuff that makes it impossible to hire anyone that isn’t really raw coaching experience wise. Rick Pitino no way he would be hired by UB or Nate Oats now if they said they coach UB for free of salary both of co coaches they wouldn’t be hired. That is the kind of toxic stuff where UB why UB will never be big time. Because it’s one thing if UB had the money to be picky like that but they don’t. You want me to bow down to the New York Times and New York State agenda show UB athletics the money. See that is why UB New York Bulls, “Mr Wonderful” Danny White and New York Public Powerhouse from of the UB donors was bull and most in Western New York knew it. Be better UB Bulls than that. The Bonnies are in a different conference and it doesn’t matter because UB struggles to beat $275,000 Reggie Witherspoon Canisius Golden Griffins basketball. I hope Isaac Jack goes to the Bonnies if he is leaving UB Bulls anyway it’s good to stay in the Buffalo family so to speak. Isaac Jack is raw basketball experience wise but he will look great in the brown and white of the Bonnies.

At least he will get better coaching with Mark Schmidt than with Jim Whitesell who wasted Jeenathan Williams NBA player sick. If I could I would stop that $500,000 buyout of Jim Whitesell for that what a bum who should have been fired at the very least two years ago with no contract extension crazy. That is why I said the hire for UB Bulls basketball was to hire Mark Schmidt away from the Bonnies but UB basketball unfortunately doesn’t understand they are in a sports tuff battle and they continue to lose that battle to the Bonnies basketball. UB Bulls are pathetic for a state school while up the road the Connecticut Huskies basketball won another basketball NCAA championship with Danny Hurley while we watch good coach after good coach walk out the door. Oh I know it’s the Buffalo Bills fault or the Buffalo Sabres fault or it’s Buffalo fans fault or it’s BSF fault he needs to be silenced banned and canceled for speaking the truth in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, UB Horns Up said:

Why would you say that? It’s not the St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball fault some UB donors refuse to understand that NIL and transfer portals are part of the college game now. I actually feel sorry for George Halcovage that he has to deal with some these people ruining it all the other UB Bulls basketball fans because they live in a alternate reality of the real world of college basketball today.

UB is state university and we have some of our UB Bulls fans on there knees please don’t go to the St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball go anywhere else instead Isaac Jack. I am sure Canisius and Niagara are on UB alums list of basketball teams too. Worry about UB athletics problems from some of there wealthier UB donors with in which is lack of NIL and more loyal the state politics than UB Bulls college sports which is unfortunate.

If Isaac Jack went to the St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball and won Western New York our first undisputed NCAA national championship Buffalo would go crazy for joy. I don’t understand why UB wouldn’t want that for Buffalo if UB just can’t do it because some of there UB donors are more worried about politics and what New York State and the New York Times might write. If heaven forbid oh I forgot I can say heaven today I am on a New York State athletics board not a private school athletics board sorry. If UB hired from the Nate Oats coaching tree oh my scandalous how could UB Bulls basketball go on? UB alum should worry about that toxic stuff that makes it impossible to hire anyone that isn’t really raw coaching experience wise. Rick Pitino no way he would be hired by UB or Nate Oats now if they said they coach UB for free of salary both of co coaches they wouldn’t be hired. That is the kind of toxic stuff where UB why UB will never be big time. Because it’s one thing if UB had the money to be picky like that but they don’t. You want me to bow down to the New York Times and New York State agenda show UB athletics the money. See that is why UB New York Bulls, “Mr Wonderful” Danny White and New York Public Powerhouse from of the UB donors was bull and most in Western New York knew it. Be better UB Bulls than that. The Bonnies are in a different conference and it doesn’t matter because UB struggles to beat $275,000 Reggie Witherspoon Canisius Golden Griffins basketball. I hope Isaac Jack goes to the Bonnies if he is leaving UB Bulls anyway it’s good to stay in the Buffalo family so to speak. Isaac Jack is raw basketball experience wise but he will look great in the brown and white of the Bonnies.

At least he will get better coaching with Mark Schmidt than with Jim Whitesell who wasted Jeenathan Williams NBA player sick. If I could I would stop that $500,000 buyout of Jim Whitesell for that what a bum who should have been fired at the very least two years ago with no contract extension crazy. That is why I said the hire for UB Bulls basketball was to hire Mark Schmidt away from the Bonnies but UB basketball unfortunately doesn’t understand they are in a sports tuff battle and they continue to lose that battle to the Bonnies basketball. UB Bulls are pathetic for a state school while up the road the Connecticut Huskies basketball won another basketball NCAA championship with Danny Hurley while we watch good coach after good coach walk out the door. Oh I know it’s the Buffalo Bills fault or the Buffalo Sabres fault or it’s Buffalo fans fault or it’s BSF fault he needs to be silenced banned and canceled for speaking the truth in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

We could go undefeated in every sport and win every MACC and National title and you would still find a way to complain and make thinly veiled backhand compliments  about how UB is only a public school for the poors and we should just be happy our basketball hoops have nets. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

We could go undefeated in every sport and win every MACC and National title and you would still find a way to complain and make thinly veiled backhand compliments  about how UB is only a public school for the poors and we should just be happy our basketball hoops have nets. 

We should be happy we have D1 athletics, very few SUNY schools do. The University at Buffalo is the poster child for SUNY, the only schools that come anywhere near close to UB’s pedigree is Stony Brook and Binghamton. I’d love to see UB go to a major conference but it’s not going to happen, unless we drop SUNY. And dropping SUNY I can’t see happening 

2 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

We should be happy we have D1 athletics, very few SUNY schools do. The University at Buffalo is the poster child for SUNY, the only schools that come anywhere near close to UB’s pedigree is Stony Brook and Binghamton. I’d love to see UB go to a major conference but it’s not going to happen, unless we drop SUNY. And dropping SUNY I can’t see happening 

This is unrelated but I saw today that Binghamton might be adding a D1 hockey team

I wish we could get one lol

2 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

This is unrelated but I saw today that Binghamton might be adding a D1 hockey team

I wish we could get one lol

I’d love to see D1 hockey at UB, would keep some High level talent from the Buffalo and Rochester area around. Surprised Oswego isn’t in the mix for a d1 hockey program, they’re better than some d1 programs. 

On a UB basketball note lol… hoping to hear some offers and 🤞a transfer/commitment this week. Hopefully Halcovage becomes a bit more open in his recruiting efforts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

I’d love to see D1 hockey at UB, would keep some High level talent from the Buffalo and Rochester area around. Surprised Oswego isn’t in the mix for a d1 hockey program, they’re better than some d1 programs. 

On a UB basketball note lol… hoping to hear some offers and 🤞a transfer/commitment this week. Hopefully Halcovage becomes a bit more open in his recruiting efforts. 

I have always been very surprised we don't have a D! hockey program. Feels like we could be a very solid team with the local talent.

34 minutes ago, SGBull said:

I have always been very surprised we don't have a D! hockey program. Feels like we could be a very solid team with the local talent.

Rumors I hear is it always comes down to cost and facilities. From what I understand club hockey is just as good as D1 at large schools too.

38 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

Rumors I hear is it always comes down to cost and facilities. From what I understand club hockey is just as good as D1 at large schools too.

I played ACHA hockey for Siena, the talent in our league was incredible. Probably not d1 good but we could definitely compete at the d3 level. ACHA is a lot like the NAIA, under recruited players who are absolute “dogs” as some would say 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dabulls said:

I am with you on this... looking forward to seeing the new team take shape.

Edited by DocCas86

3 hours ago, Dabulls said:

I played ACHA hockey for Siena, the talent in our league was incredible. Probably not d1 good but we could definitely compete at the d3 level. ACHA is a lot like the NAIA, under recruited players who are absolute “dogs” as some would say 😂

I used to watch UB ACHA quite a bit. One of my favorite memories was UB scoring a short handed goal from the defensive zone. UB player cleared the puck and the Canisius goalie was asleep at the wheel.