Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo vs NIU (1/4 @ 2:00 pm)

Jeseph

1 minute ago, BullsFan14 said:

With Brock back in, what do you believe the starting line-up will be against NIU?

Jordan-Graves-Williams-Mballa-Bertram 

or

Jordan-Johnson-Graves-Williams-Bertram

I hope its the first. 

I could however see Whitesell use Williams like Perkins. 

Jim 100% wants more size and would love to do Mballa - Bertram for stretches to help with the poor inside defense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I hope its the first. 

I could however see Whitesell use Williams like Perkins. 

Jim 100% wants more size and would love to do Mballa - Bertram for stretches to help with the poor inside defense.

I hope some of these forecasts for how Bertram will help us comes true. He has barely practiced or played this year and the other years he was also injured or barely played. He is a big body but not overly although athletic or quick of foot and has been foul prone. I know he came in with the great potential tag and I hope he can contribute and have success this year. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubbulls08 said:

Mballa has to start. Bertram has to earn his minutes. He certainly should not vault into the starting lineup—especially if it means displacing Mballa.

Yeah, can't see Brock starting in his first game of the season. Maybe after he's proven himself in game action and we face teams with a distinct size advantage, which NIU doesn't have. James is their tallest player at 6'9" and their only real scoring threat in the post. He could get some good minutes though if German starts getting to the rim at will on us.

15 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Very similar to last year's opener between these two teams. Both look unathletic and unimpressive. Buffalo isn't as good as they were but I still think they're a class above these guys most nights. 

I don't know if another team can match buffalo's natural talent/athleticism. Especially the 2 teams I just watched.

Interested in the bowling green Kent game

12 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I don't know if another team can match buffalo's natural talent/athleticism. Especially the 2 teams I just watched.

Interested in the bowling green Kent game

Mac East clearly lot more competition. Seems like bowling green, kent and Akron will be our main competition. Teams in west just don’t compare. 

16 hours ago, ubbulls08 said:

Mballa has to start. Bertram has to earn his minutes. He certainly should not vault into the starting lineup—especially if it means displacing Mballa.

It’s probably going to be the same starting lineup, then Brock will come in and they’ll see how he looks, he might get 10 minutes, if he plays well, probably up to 15.

UB by 12 in front of a relatively sparse crowd, as locals are at the sabres game or waiting for bills start. I'd be very pleased if we can start MAC play in this manner. No games are easy, but this team is too talented to take their MAC opponents for granted and will play as a team today (hopefully)!

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 10:22 PM, Kevin said:

German is really good. He has beaten us on his own in the past.

Seriously just double that guy all game. They have James as the only other played that is any good.

It might be a game where German wins it on his own, wow. 11 in the first 5 minutes