Jump to content
Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

(11) ASU vs. (6) #15 UB - NCAA First Round (3/22 at 3:50 PM)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hmm.

Do we want to play Hurley? or Ponds?

Last two in means we are the top 6, making us #21 in the tournament. 

UB comes in 15th in the new poll and in NET

Totally jobbed by the committee. 

Edited by Kevin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

The NCAA wanted a Hurley/Oats matchup. 

I was shocked it was mentioned on CBS when they revealed the potential matchup. How can you miss that tidbit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

I was shocked it was mentioned on CBS when they revealed the potential matchup. How can you miss that tidbit?

They didn’t want to upset the PAC 12 commissioner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked Google Flights. R/T airfare Buffalo to Tulsa is about $620. But if you live near a major hub and want to save some money you might want to look at Dallas or Kansas City. Each are a 4 hour drive to Tulsa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arg.  I work 7p-730a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Unless its the first or second game of the day I won't be able to watch the team if/when they make the Sweet 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Flights are stupid expensive right now due to the combination of short notice, being a Sunday today, and the Boeing 737 Max mess which has grounded a lot of flights.  It usually costs me $250-$300 to fly round trip to dallas with Southwest for work.  It's currently over $700

Edited by UBigbobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A matchup against Arizona state would be fun. Obviously because of Bobby Hurley, but, I think ub matches up well against Arizona State 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MKBullsfan said:

Anyone know the exact times of the games UB will play Friday and Sunday?

Probably later Friday because the opponent is playing Wednesday night

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Anyone know the exact times of the games UB will play Friday and Sunday?

It won’t be announced until tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ntsfinest said:

Probably later Friday because the opponent is playing Wednesday night

Really hope this is accurate. Chose the wrong day to take off 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year the late first four game was Syracuse beating ASU. Syracuse then played at 10pm Friday. Hopefully that’s the case again this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pros: Whichever team advances to play Buffalo will have less rest than Bulls. ASU loses 3 hours going to Dayton.

Cons: Bulls have to prepare for 2 different teams.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather play ASU. Their 2 leading scorers are a Freshman and a Sophomore. St. John’s has 2 juniors leading the way. As we have seen, experience can go a long way in the tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy does the committee have a sense of humor.

Ugh...I hate having to wait and prepare on short notice for whichever team wins. Wish we could devote all our prep focus on one team but it is what it is. I rather play St. John’s bc they don’t play a lick of defense. Go Bulls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SGBull said:

I would rather play ASU. Their 2 leading scorers are a Freshman and a Sophomore. St. John’s has 2 juniors leading the way. As we have seen, experience can go a long way in the tournament.

I mean yes but last year and freshman... we can beat both teams, who knows which will be easier, it’s survive and advance and on any given day we can beat sbyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4pm cutting it close but so much better than 1 or 2pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I’ll duck out early, I’m at Thirsty Buffalo right now, my regular watering hole and one of the GM’s is already planning for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UB_Prush said:

Yeah, I’ll duck out early, I’m at Thirsty Buffalo right now, my regular watering hole and one of the GM’s is already planning for it

Bro, you should be practicing your golf putting instead of being at the watering hole, just in case you get a chance to win a trip for putting next March!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Boy does the committee have a sense of humor.

Ugh...I hate having to wait and prepare on short notice for whichever team wins. Wish we could devote all our prep focus on one team but it is what it is. I rather play St. John’s bc they don’t play a lick of defense. Go Bulls!

What better way to prepare for two possible opponents....watch them play each other just a few days before one of them has to travel (again) to play you. I’m liking this setup a lot better than having to deal with #12 Murray State and Ja Morant.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...